PDA

View Full Version : 'Cone love?

FluffSpider
January 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I was wondering, does anyone here actually LIKE cones?:D Well, besides me. I tried no-cone-ing for about two months:no shine, no body, getting splits.... I only get cone build-up every month and a half or so. My shampoo has the third ingredient a cone, and my conditioner has cones. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Does anyone here share the same feelings regarding this?:o

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
<whispers> I prefer cones. My hair without is so dull. The virgin hair at the root looks fab without, but as it is majority bleached / dyed brown over, it needs the cone help to shine!

teela1978
January 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I don't see a huge difference with or without. I do find that my hair detangles easier with cones though, and I think it looks a little better, so I use them.

ElusiveMuse
January 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have non-heat styled virgin hair and it looks like straw without cones.

reverie24
January 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, my hair also feels dry and is almost impossible to untangle without cones. I see no harm with using them with my hair, although I might try no cones again in the future, just to see if my hair reacts differently.

UltraBella
January 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Plenty of people really like cones. (I am just not one of them !)

constancev18
January 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM
My naturally curly hair loves cones. I tried to go cone free and my hair was a knotted mess.:o

Bene
January 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Please show me where you read that people will punish you for using cones?

1. Plenty of people here like cones.

2. Plenty of people here openly discuss liking cones.

3. Plenty of people have started threads about some illicit cone-love, and I can't think of an example where anyone has actually reprimanded them for it.

4. Even the people who personally don't use cones (for whatever reason) haven't come out and tried to convince anyone else to hate cones OR cone users/lovers.

I am determined to stop the alleged cone-hatred hypothesis that people seem to think is rampant around here. Don't hang your head in shame, or whisper about something you think you should deny. No one is going to stone you. No one is going to scream at you. No one is going to make you hand in your Long Hair card, or revoke your Long Hair membership over a chemical.

:laugh:

UltraBella
January 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM

1. Plenty of people here like cones.

2. Plenty of people here openly discuss liking cones.

3. Plenty of people have started threads about some illicit cone-love, and I can't think of an example where anyone has actually reprimanded them for it.

4. Even the people who personally don't use cones (for whatever reason) haven't come out and tried to convince anyone else to hate cones OR cone users/lovers.

I am determined to stop the alleged cone-hatred hypothesis that people seem to think is rampant around here. Don't hang your head in shame, or whisper about something you think you should deny. No one is going to stone you. No one is going to scream at you. No one is going to make you hand in your Long Hair card, or revoke your Long Hair membership over a chemical.

Over a chemical ? I agree, no memberships will be revoked. Unless, well...... the chemical is Bleach. Shhhhh ! *tiptoes away*

ddiana1979
January 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I'm very seriously thinking of going back to 'cones. Specifically (oh the horrors!) Pantene. ;) I've been no 'cones & no sulphates for over a month now, and frankly, my hair looks like crap. :(

jujube
January 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I'm also thinking of going back to the cones, my hair is just lifeless now.

kteachone
January 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM

No one said anything about punishment (in this thread, anyway!). Although I would agree with BLEACH!

I have seen far more "no cones" threads than " yay cones" threads, so I can understand the misconception.

I'm a coney girl. My hair would look like a rat's nest without out it.

FluffSpider
January 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I never mentioned any crusade started against 'cone users, but I've never seen people going 'YAY CONES" either, which made me create this thread. The most positive reactions I've seen were "Oh, cones are pretty down along the list of ingredients, it's fine', or 'Eh, I don't mind...'
Me? I LOVE them.:p I'm sorry if this thread has a duplicate somewhere:(

luxepiggy
January 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/dancingpig.gif

I do, said the little piggy! YAY CONES! \(^(oo)^)/

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=90433

I'm very seriously thinking of going back to 'cones. Specifically (oh the horrors!) Pantene. ;) I've been no 'cones & no sulphates for over a month now, and frankly, my hair looks like crap. :(
Did you know there's a Pantene thread? (^(oo)~)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57828&highlight=pantene

Cirafly24
January 8th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I used to love cones...but I bought a conditioner without cones a few months ago, and I realized my hair looks a lot better without them! I noticed a lack of shine at first, but I started doing ACV + cold water rinses, and that brought the shine right back.

For me, cones make my hair *too* slippy, and make my waves go flat. And this may be all in my head (lol), but they make my hair feel thinner to me. Since I've started using the cone free conditioner, my hair has been much wavier and thick-feeling.

I certainly don't have anything against cones :) but I think my hair does better without them.

Sammich
January 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
There's nothing wrong with cones. It depends with every head of hair.
I use a mixture of cones and non cones in fact, and my hair is fine and dandy. No deadness here from the chemical overload! ;)

enfys
January 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Cones bring out the colour of my hair; the red shine comes through and people ask me if I dyed my hair it looks so different! Does anyone else get that?

My hair is ok without cones but they do nothing to give me reason to stop using them. Better control, colour and shine. Easier detangling. My hair is slippery anyway so I just embrace cones.

LadyG
January 8th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I've been coloring my hair for years, and I need cones. My hair looks terrible without them.

chrissy-b
January 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I am determined to stop the alleged cone-hatred hypothesis that people seem to think is rampant around here. Don't hang your head in shame, or whisper about something you think you should deny. No one is going to stone you. No one is going to scream at you. No one is going to make you hand in your Long Hair card, or revoke your Long Hair membership over a chemical. :laugh:

Exactly. ;)

Darkhorse1
January 8th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Diana---I just started using Pantene conditioner for beautiful lengths and I love it--it's light weight so I don't have a lot of static--my hair is flatter this time of year and I think it needs a trim, but it's feeling good/healthy.

I use what works. I tried no sulphates/cones and my hair felt horrific. So, you have to try things to feel how they work.

edited to add I wrote an article here about Cones----Bene, I think you'd enjoy reading it --though I think you did

Like anything, what works for one, may not work for another, but cones are not bad. They aren't bad for me, anyhow :D

spidermom
January 8th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Count me in. I'm particularly fond of CHI Silk Infusion. My shampoo and conditioner, however, are cone free. I like to control exactly how much and how often I apply.

ddiana1979
January 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM

Oh thank goodness. . . my people! My hair! :cheese:

ddiana1979
January 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Diana---I just started using Pantene conditioner for beautiful lengths and I love it--it's light weight so I don't have a lot of static--my hair is flatter this time of year and I think it needs a trim, but it's feeling good/healthy.

I use what works. I tried no sulphates/cones and my hair felt horrific. So, you have to try things to feel how they work.

Thank you so much! I've been feeling so guilty about even thinking about buying Pantene. How silly am I?

mellie89
January 8th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I love cones! I tried going no-cone for a loooong time, and it just didn't work for me. Cones give my hair so much more body and shine, and they don't cause any damage to my hair whatsoever.

If I ever feel like my hair is getting weighed down from the cones, I'll throw in a wash & condition with a heavy but cone-free conditioner, like Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm. This doesn't happen too often, maybe once or twice per month.

My hair is close to the longest it's ever been, and I would NOT be this far along if I had continued using conditioners without cones. My hair just looked awful, consistently, which led to a lot of trims that were probably unnecessary.

Lianna
January 8th, 2011, 06:34 PM

A lot look down on people who doesn't use "all natural" products. Of course they won't be rude here, because it's agaisnt the KNIT rules.

On topic. I use cones, but don't "love" it. It's a fine product. I could go without, even with dyed hair. I gave up conditioner lately, but my shampoo has cones. Now, I love sulfates, though. ;)

janeytilllie
January 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm using cones :) I'm currently loving Pantene and Alberto Balsam mandarin conditioner both smell yummy and work so well in my hair :D

I was cone free for about 2 years until my hair started breaking off. I'm now back to cones and my hair feels and looks so much better (picture clickable)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=92100&albumid=2286&dl=1293911638&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2286&pictureid=92100)

My favourite coney products are my L'oreal kids dentangler and Pantene Rapair and protect. What are all your favourites? :)

janeytilllie
January 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM

Beautiful hair luxepiggy :) and thank you for the Pantene link :flower:

breezefaerie
January 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
My fragile ends NEED cones in order to survive. I use a coney serum after each wash and can hear them whisper "Thank you!"

lpsqt60
January 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I love you cones, and I am a real cone w***e, every product I use has them to some degree and I love how they moisturize and control my oft times flyaway hair.

Chamomile betty
January 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
My hair loves cones. I would have a mass of tangles if I did not use some cones. Most of my gels are noncone though.
I love Loreal Vive Pro Hydro Gloss (yellow) and Pantene Nature Fusion Moisture Balance conditioners. Then I use Mane & Tail detangler and Suave Nexxus knock-off conditioner on my ends as a leave in.

prosperina
January 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I LOVE cones. I can't imagine not using them. My hair is okay without them, just not as soft, or as easier to manage. I don't like shampoos with cones in them though. THey don't get my scalp clean enough.

omnivore
January 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
yay, cones! i tried going completely cone free, and ended up with a tangly fly away mess. with cones, it just behaves a lot better, allows me to comb it on occasion without putting up too much fuss, doesn't turn into a fuzzball that tries to suffocate me, is soft and shiny, and so on. current routine involves the use of cones every wash in the winter time, and maybe every other or every third wash in the summer. i do clarify periodically (when it feels like it needs it - once month, maybe?), usually with tresemme.

p3_Arme
January 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
My hair needs cones, I use Head and Shoulders; both Shampoo and Conditioner, I get really bad Dandruff.

As a treat I use Aussie Long Hair and my hair loves those.

I also follow Torrin's suggestion of using Coconut Oil on my hair the night before I wash and I found that this helps protect it.

cuddledumplin
January 9th, 2011, 07:02 AM
My hair loves cones. They really help with frizz.

annieangel149
January 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
My fragile ends NEED cones in order to survive. I use a coney serum after each wash and can hear them whisper "Thank you!"

lol! thats exactly what i had to do this morning! have been trying CO only washes with no cone products! it made my hair lighter less weighed down but a little tangly! no problem! however when i woke this morning my ends had turned into a frizzy mess so i used my elvive coney serum and after just twenty mins my ends were looking a little better! now after 4 hours they are nice and smooth again! i think my ends are too damaged for non cone stuff right now! :(

think i might have to have cones on my ends but will have no cones on my scalp because it feels cleaner!