PDA

View Full Version : ACV rinse -- before or after conditioner?

jenjen10
January 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I am sure this is a stupid question but are you supposed to do an ACV rinse before or after conditioner? I could see it being both ways... before because you want to get rid of residue but don't necessarily want to wash out all of the conditioner OR after to close the shaft of your hair. :confused:

Tarja Sky
January 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Well, I wash my hair with shampoo, wash it out and then I do the rinse after the rinse I use conditioner. Because if I use the rinse as the last thing then it's impossible to detangle it...

growing2shine
January 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I use it after the conditioner, and I don't rinse the ACV out. Then sometimes I add a little conditioner after the ACV rinse.
I have very hard water.
And it's not a stupid question. :)

shikara
January 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I tried ACV for the first time last shampoo, and put it in after the conditioner. I wasn't really very impressed, so I will try it after the shampoo, before the conditioner today. I see there are already two different answers here, so maybe you could try it one way one wash, and the other way the next, and see which works best with your hair.

reverie24
January 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I use it after shampoo, then I condition, then mix an even smaller amount of ACV (just a few drops maybe) with cold water and use that as a final rinse.

Jimothea
January 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I tend to vary my haircare around the weather, but normally I do an ACV rinse, and then CO.

On days when I clarify, I do that first, and follow with the ACV for slip and shine...if the smell bothers me (sometimes I love it nd sometimes it makes me gag! lol) I do the ACV last, and follow with a scalp tonic of an herbal infusion like rosemary. But I use conditioning scrubs to clarify so I guess I'm still doing ACV after conditioning, depending on how you look at it.

P.S. --->I too have hard water.

P.P.S.---> Does your ACV have the "mother" in it? I've notice some brands don't, and those without don't seem to leave my hair as nice.