PDA

View Full Version : Ive stoped Bleaching will my hair grow faster?

Aerith85
January 8th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Hi there Every one

This is my firster EVER post on this site and I really would apprecitate some advice please. I used to have my hair bleached every other month but it starting snapping and eventaully large sections snapped :( eventually I decided to have my hair completley chopped off and dyed back to its original colour. Before the chop my hair was just past my boobs (im not sure what length you professionals would call it) and now it is just approaching shouler length.

My question is by stopping the bleaching will my hair grow faster and be able to get to hip now? also if any of you have any suggestions with regards to hair care I'd really appreciate them.

Thank you so much for your time x :)

FullMoonTrim
January 8th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Browse the forums here and you will find out soooo many good tips about how to care for your hair. You will be able to improve your hair a lot by oiling it regularly. I think that coconut oil works really well. Also, you can look into doing deep conditioning treatments. I did a treatment using a banana in the blender with a little olive oil and water. After it was smooth I put it in my hair for about an hour.

I'm not sure if your hair will grow faster now but the new growth you do have will be healthier and less likely to snap off. If you want your hair to grow faster you might try taking 5 mg of biotin daily.
Also, adding omega-3 to your diet will help give moisture to your hair and skin.

Good luck with this :)

Madora
January 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Your hair will benefit from not dyeing or bleaching. Whether it will grow faster remains to be seen.

As for hair tips:

Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
Stay away from blowdryers/ironing/crimping/hot curlers/straightening/teasing/backcombing

Use a widetooth, seamless comb.

Always detangle with a COMB before you brush

A 100% pure boar bristle brush is the gentlest brush to use. Nylon or synthetic brushes will damage your hair.

It's HOW you brush that determines how your hair responds. Brush gently, bent at the waist, from the nape to the ends. Follow each swipe of the brush with the palm of your other hand to cut down on static.

Try and wear your hair up to protect the delicate ends.

Use hair friendly bands (no metal).

Many here recommend a satin or silk pillowcase to protect your hair at night..or a satin nightcap.

Unless you're very active, don't wash your hair every day.

Check out the Hair Care and styling tips in the "Articles" section, plus the sticky to VITS..Very important threads.

You can also search the "Mane Forum" for particular topics/threads.

Good luck on your hairgrowing journey!

Anje
January 8th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Your hair probably won't grow faster per se; that is, the roots are likely to produce hair at about the same rate, though sometimes changes in internal things like nutrition and overall health can increase their rate toward the maximum your genetics allow. You'll probably get roots at the same rate.

However, now that you've stopped bleaching your hair, it may not break off so fast. (You might still have trouble with the already bleached parts.) Once you've improved the health of the ends of your hair, hopefully you'll see them moving much quicker toward your goal, instead of crumbling off at the same length.

Good luck!

Aerith85
January 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Awww thanks so much for your comment they are so hopeful and much appreciated. It kinda makes me think how much Ive abused by hair!! x

jojo
January 8th, 2011, 09:58 AM
your hair wont grow any faster, but it will retain the length for longer as it wont be snapping off.

halo_tightens
January 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I was going to say pretty much what Anje already said. Your hair is probably not going to grow out of your head any faster, but you'll probably gain length faster as your ends aren't as prone to breakage. :)

jersey
January 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm new too but I may be able to help you! I used to use bleach, only to a light brown so my experience may be a little different from yours depending on how light you took you hair. My hair grows at the same rate, but my roots are SO much thicker. So while you may not experience a faster growth rate you may get thicker growth, and like what has been said you may gain length faster than before since the ends may not be breaking from the damage.

I would look into coconut oil too if you haven't tried it saved my bleached parts from being cut!
Good luck growing :)

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm in the same boat. Now I'm taking better care of my hair, it [I]feels[I] like it's growing faster (I'm sure it can't be) because it isn't breaking off. I plan to start hennaing soon to strengthen the hair shaft too.

FullMoonTrim
January 8th, 2011, 07:59 PM
your hair wont grow any faster, but it will retain the length for longer as it wont be snapping off.
I just became mesmerized by your avatar image! It's so cool the way you display your hair sticks! :)