PDA

View Full Version : Weird...

silversnow
January 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Okay, I was comparing a picture taken in January 2009 to a picture taken in November 2010, and thought, "oh no, it hasn't grown much!" It got me thinking that maybe I had hit terminal. D:

When I looked at the pictures side by side, though, I see that in 2009, my hemline was a lot less even.

http://www.antifaro.com/images/silversnowleopardess/comparison.jpg

You can see some layers in the picture on the left (2009) compared to the right.

Any ideas? I think my hair looks thicker in the older picture, but we spent a lot of time that summer in our truck so I may have damaged it a bit.

Locksmith
January 8th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I reckon your layers have been catching up - your hemline is massively more even now. Don't give up, you may just be stalled. Also, it looks gorgeously soft in the second picture! :flower:

silversnow
January 8th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Thank you. :}

I figure the layers were from dye-damage/breakage. I've been growing out the auburn dye since then.

Vercelli
January 8th, 2011, 05:13 AM
It looks very very pretty in both pictures, so dont worry! It's just the impression that your hair is "thinner" now. I think the only reason for this is that it's LONGER but not thinner at all.
And you have the hemlime I would like to get too.:cheese:

rosek
January 8th, 2011, 05:24 AM
I just wanted to say your hair looks gorgeous and shiny!

I think the thickness has descended a little, and the hemline is definately longer!

silversnow
January 8th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Thank you so much! :}

I guess I've felt "deficient"? Because it doesn't seem longer to me, yet. It is more even now, since I can braid it and not have as many shorts sticking out as before.

jojo
January 8th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I second the layers have caught up, wow your hair is long and beautiful

Yosha
January 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Your hair looks better to me now, your hemline is definetely catching up. If you have dyed your hair in the past, this may have caused breakage but I think your hair can grow longer the more dye has grown out. Due to dying and bleaching and other harmful things my hair stalled for a long time, but finally it grew longer.

Aerith85
January 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
You hair looks fab in both pictures to be honest its soooo shiny

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I'd be happy with either!

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
What I mean is, you have beautiful hair in both pics. The second one is definitely looking thicker than the first.

terrylillyd
January 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Yes it's your hemline that has grown out so if you measure that you actually have significant growth:)