PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Compliments Thread

PineappleJello
January 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I searched and I could only find mean, and dumbest comments. And I really don't want to make a thread all just me. So share nice hair comments please :)

I was seating someone in the restaurant today and I had my hair up in a (two box braid cinnamon) bun (held with a ficcare) and the lady goes

'Holy smokes, your hair must be really long.'

From the sound in her voice I'm so taking it as a compliment. :D

Capybara
January 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Great thread idea!

Today, my sister marvelled at how I could French braid my own hair. She was so animated about it that my other sister came running, asking what all of the excitement was about :)

terrylillyd
January 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I usually french braid my hair at night and it has waves during the day. On more then one occasion I have been called Rapunzel. I think that's a compliment? :)

Malibu Barbie
January 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I get a lot of nice things said about my hair.. An older gentlemen said," He loved my long hair, it reminded him of a time when women were softer and younger at heart. ect..
I get as many good as I do bad comments. I guess the bad comments are harder to forget because they can be hurtful.

MissCharizard
January 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
A good friend of mine said that my hair looked very nice and asked me what I had been doing after not seeing me for awhile. :)

pepperminttea
January 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM
This thread has some wonderful compliments in it: What is the best hair compliment you've ever received? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=55514)
There's also: Nicest hair compliments you've gotten? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27610)

I don't get hair comments very often, but the nicest ones are usually from my mother. She mentioned the length, stroking my hair as she did so, and I reminded her she had sit-on-able hair in her youth - far longer than my current length - and she said "But it was never this soft." :inlove:

bluesnowflake
January 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I've gotten a little immune to the "your hair is so long!" comments, but the other day someone said "Your hair is so healthy and soft!". Easily made my day, especially because I've been working hard to get it moisturized and treat it gently.

lapushka
January 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
My mom last Christmas who commented on my side braid and said, "beautiful ponytail". Close enough, eh? :D Made me feel so special.

Lostsoule77
January 7th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I did a rope braid (which I had just learned to do) this summer and was at an event at a mall. I had an older woman come up to me and tell me how pretty it was. She then proceeded to ask how I did it. It was quite loud so instead of explaining I gave her the name of the youtube video (Torrin's) I learned it from. :)

I also did her hawser braid and the only other long hair at work said it looked really cool and asked how I did it. I again pointed her to the you tube video because she didn't know how to rope braid and then told her what how to do it once she had that down. :)

christine1989
January 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
A few days ago the barista at my regular morning starbucks said "Wow! your hair is really getting long!" Her own hair is simply lovely and it meant a lot coming from a non family member who sees my hair on a daily basis.

dragonmyst
January 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Right after I hennad my hair the first time a red-headed gut came up and goes:
"I don't want to be rude or anything but that is just the most gorgeous color I've ever seen."
he then RAN off (I think he was between 16-19 years old, I'm 32)

I smiled for several hours afterwards.

IcarusBride
January 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
My 5 year old sister told me she wanted to have me go to her girlscout meeting and teach the girls how to braid. She said everyone can sit in a circle and I should sit in the middle and let each of the girls braid a piece of my hair, like an octopus.

It was so cute the way she said it. My haiir's really not quite long enough for that, but she was so excited by the idea.

tinywife
January 7th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Ooh! I love this idea!

Today I let my hair air-dry and had a ringlet or two next to my face. (It defies hair typing, I know!) The little girl I was tutoring stopped her work, looked up and said, "Ooh, pretty hair..."

But by far the best compliment EVER was when DH and I were walking out of the movie "Tangled." I was still somewhere between wondering rapture and serious hair envy, so it startled me when this little girl ran up -
"Excuse me! Excuse me!"
"What's up?" I said, already bemused. She was so cute.
"You look kind of like Rapunzel!" And then she ran off!
Rapunzel? I thought. Oh - of course! After her hair got cut, it was short and brown and spiky - like mine! Of course I don't want mine to stay that way, but it totally made my new year. :cheese:

hayesa
January 8th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Bit daft, but one that made me smile was my old hairdresser demanding to know what I used to colour my hair, and that it was gorgeous!

I felt a bit bad for having to tell him it's my real colour! :D

Aveyronnaise
January 8th, 2011, 03:48 AM
:cheese: i just got two really nice compliments!
I went in for a trim today, and the partner of my hair dresser washed my hair. When she was finishing up , she said " You hair is really, really thick and healthy." After that she said "it'll be easier to care for when you get it longer. " ( I am currently just a little from APL)

Then when I went into the cutting chair I explained that i wanted a trim on the ends and everything, but I also said that if he thought it looked damaged that he could show me how much more he thought he should cut.
He started laughing at me :) and he said " No a half an inch is enough"
It made me feel so fabulous.

Locksmith
January 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM
At Christmas I came downstairs for breakfast with my hair in a rope braid, and my mum told me it was "stunning." She doesn't notice my hair very often. :D My granny wanted to know how I did it and said it looked "like a Victorian curtain pull." I think she meant it as a compliment. :p

My favourite so far is my taking my hair out of its bun in front of a friend, and him honestly gawping at me. I think the last time I saw him it was more like waist length than hip. "Wow. Dude. You really do have all the hair now don't you? O_O It's like - FWOOSH!" That made my day! :p

Yosha
January 8th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Those are really great compliments!
Yesterday when I was at a friend's she told me I have the longest hair of everyone she knows:D And she asked me to show my hair to her daughter, which of course I loved to (always nice to be an example)!

Sunsailing
January 8th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I've had the most compliments while getting trims at the salon.

The last one...a woman came up and told me that she just had to come over to talk to me. She said that she had been admiring my hair the whole time... she told me it was beautiful. She wanted to know my secret of growing my hair so long without it drying out. She told me that she had tried to grow hers several times, but it always became dry and brittle. She wanted to know my "secret" :cool:

Francoise1606
January 8th, 2011, 09:34 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was out shopping with one of my friends whom I hadn't seen in maybe a month or two. Suddenly while we were eating she said that I had such nice hair, and that she couldn't get over how healthy it looked :) It made me really happy, because I'm so selfconscious when it comes to my hair looking healthy, since I came here with over bleached hair from root to tip. She also recently chopped about 5 or 6 inches due to bleaching and damage.

Aleria
January 8th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Yesterday someone told me my hair looked like a mermaid :D

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 10:28 AM
This is so lovely! My hair isn't long enough to be receiving compliments yet, but I can't wait! I always compliment people with hair that I would love to have!

Te Atawhai
January 8th, 2011, 01:52 PM
A little girl at the school at which I teach told me I have princess hair. It's at waist length, but long for our area. I'll take that, and treasure it.

Dragon
January 9th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Once in class there was someone mucking around under the table. I had my head resting on the table so I guessed that made my hair look longer and she said from under the table f**k your hair is long. It wasn’t even quite waist length then. Some one said it’s because my head is on the table and she said it again.

GRU
January 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Last week I was shopping and as I rounded a corner an older gentleman was standing there and he saw me and his eyes got big and he just blurted out, "You have beautiful hair!" I smiled and said, "Thank you" and continued on my quest for Q-tips.

Then this afternoon we had gone to McDonald's with some old hockey friends after the game, and this *adorable* little boy (probably just barely 4yo) walked past me and said, "Your hair is so *COOL*!!!!" I've had a lot of comments on my hair through the years, but this little boy's exuberant declaration totally made my day. I have a feeling he's going to be a polititian some day (maybe even President) -- a bit later I heard him telling his dad which foods the dad was allowed to order. :lol:

Locksmith
January 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Then this afternoon we had gone to McDonald's with some old hockey friends after the game, and this *adorable* little boy (probably just barely 4yo) walked past me and said, "Your hair is so *COOL*!!!!" I've had a lot of comments on my hair through the years, but this little boy's exuberant declaration totally made my day. I have a feeling he's going to be a polititian some day (maybe even President) -- a bit later I heard him telling his dad which foods the dad was allowed to order. :lol:

Awwww! Kids can be so sweet sometimes! :D

Alvrodul
January 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Yes! And at that age, they haven't really learned to dissemble, so you know that any opinion they express comes straight from the heart!

Locksmith
January 9th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Yes! And at that age, they haven't really learned to dissemble, so you know that any opinion they express comes straight from the heart!

Yeah. Of course, that's one double edged sword right there... :rolleyes:

PrincessBob
January 9th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I braided all my hair to the side on Friday, so I could see it all at once and revel in the thickness of it. I had to buy some tickets for a Noh performance at my school, so I went in on my day off.

On the elevator one curly girl commented that it was so long, and how did I grow it so long. I invited her to come check out the forum. It made me feel really good.

In the pink lounge of our Queer Resource Center, I talked about how I discovered my kitty, Vesuvius, in the dryer vent over the break. I had started by explaining that I was participating in the Long Hair Community secret Santa gift exchange, and that my present had arrived and when LHC went down like it does at 9:30 every night, I went to play with my new hair toys and that's when I heard the meowing... (you can see my thread on Mystery Kitty for the rest of the story)

One of the girls stopped me in my story and was wanting to know how long hair could be something that was community worthy. I laughed and tried to explain that hair is personal and some people enjoy talking about it, styling it, showing it off. It's a hobby, like any other. She remained confused as the others jumped in to try to explain it.

Later, when I went to meet with a representative of my college's disability support services she told me my hair was beautiful and that she wanted to steal it. For a number of our members I could see the statement causing a bit of panic. :run: Never the less I took it as a positive sign.

GRU
January 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM

First thing that popped in my mind (and out of my mouth) was, "Oh, what a sweet little boy!"

Exactly, that makes it all the more touching!

Yeah. Of course, that's one double edged sword right there... :rolleyes:

As a parent myself, you are NOT KIDDING about that one! Oh, the things that kids can say sometimes when you really wished that you'd applied duct tape to their lips before you left home! :lol: