PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ACV rinse

CastaDiva
January 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I did an ACV rinse last night and it made my hair super soft and managable. I have a couple of questions about ACV rinses. Where in the hair washing process should I apply it? I rinsed my hair with the ACV mix as the second last step, after I had applied conditioner and rinsed. I rinsed my hair again after I had applied the ACV mix. Should I do the ACV rinse earlier in the hair washing routine or is it ok to do it as the last step? And my second question is, how often should I do an ACV rinse? I wash my hair about two times a week with a regular shampoo and conditioner:)

pepperminttea
January 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I do it as the last step, before rinsing it out. How often is up to you, really. I do it every wash, but some do it once every week or two. Experiment and see what works for you. :)

bonnie1735
January 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I do it as the last step too put I don't rinse it out. I also do it every time I wash.

cleanbug
January 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I do it as the last step too put I don't rinse it out. I also do it every time I wash.
do you normally use shampoo & conditioner & then acv?
some people use acv after shampoo bars so i was curious if you shampoo/condish/acv?
thanks

Vercelli
January 8th, 2011, 05:31 AM
do you normally use shampoo & conditioner & then acv?
some people use acv after shampoo bars so i was curious if you shampoo/condish/acv?
thanks

I tried both and it works either way. Though when I wash with shampoo soap these days I only do conditioner afterwards which also works out well, and too much acid rinsing seems to dry out my hair. (That's why I don't do if that often.) But it might be different on your hair.

CastaDiva
January 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you for your replies, pepperminttea and bonnie1735.:)