PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

PiroskaCicu
January 7th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I wish TLHC was a real place/community we could go to in real life, to chat and talk about hair, as well as all of the other topics we discuss. It would be so amazing to meet the wonderful people on the forum!

Nae
January 7th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I could see it now, it is a little place called the LHC cafe, members only of course.;) We have our coffee/tea next to a roaring fire or out on the terrace and there are plenty of comfy chairs to lounge in.

Everyone could bring in something yummy to eat and in a special room in the back is a huge collection of hair toys so everyone can try things out before they buy. There is also a room dedicated to all the different products.

We could have hairdressers on sight which would be able to do intricate hairstyles and know exactly what "only one inch means." They would also know how to do a dusting and that long hair should never be combed through roughly while wet.

It would be awesome!

PiroskaCicu
January 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ahhh, it would be so nice! We could teach each other how to do beautiful styles, braiding and combing each other's hair... lol! It sounds like heaven for long hairs :)

Bianca
January 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I wish that too :p

Madora
January 7th, 2011, 07:37 AM
And there would have to be a special room dedicated to long hair history from the past..and a collection of combs, hairpins, miscellania...

pepperminttea
January 7th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Seeing as we're wishing, it should have a teleporter so we could get to it from anywhere in the world. :D

PiroskaCicu
January 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Not to mention we'd have a collection of hair oils, herbs, and other things to make our hair soft and shiny :)

Sisko
January 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Somebody with sufficient funds - make this happen. :D

serious
January 7th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I could see it now, it is a little place called the LHC cafe, members only of course.;) We have our coffee/tea next to a roaring fire or out on the terrace and there are plenty of comfy chairs to lounge in.

Everyone could bring in something yummy to eat and in a special room in the back is a huge collection of hair toys so everyone can try things out before they buy. There is also a room dedicated to all the different products.

We could have hairdressers on sight which would be able to do intricate hairstyles and know exactly what "only one inch means." They would also know how to do a dusting and that long hair should never be combed through roughly while wet.

It would be awesome!

We could also have a garden full of lavender, rosemary, catnip and all those magnificent plants that are good for our hair.:cloud9:

Nae
January 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Seeing as we're wishing, it should have a teleporter so we could get to it from anywhere in the world. :D

Oh yes, definately a teleporter. One for each of our houses that zap us directly to our cafe. Given when we bestow membership lol.

And the hair museum idea sounds fabulous Madora!

I could just see the Renegreys all having a grand time chatting by the fire.

The Henna Heads would be gathered together discusssing the potency and color of different BAQ hennas and oohing and ahhhing over each other's firey colors.

The CO crew would be checking out all the different conditioners in the products room.

The Shampoo Bar users would be looking at all the different bars from every maker out there.

Our Curlies could be discussing proper plopping techniques.

Ktani would have to have her own special area, with different types of honey and oil shampoo mixes.

We could have a labratory just for experiments. Can Kwanie safely get henna out of hair? How exactly do different oils work with different hair types. Oh the discoveries we could make!!

I am thinking we would have to make our cafe about warehoused size lol.:D

sibiryachka
January 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Oooh, there's where we could have a co-op set up too - put in x number of hours doing S&D or applying henna for someone else, then you've earned x number of hours having someone perform those services for you!

For some reason I'm totally visualizing the old Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz, from the late 80s ;) At least for the comfy chairs/roaring fire section.

restourceful
January 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM
And for those of us who spend waaaaaaay more time in the LHC Cafe than anywhere else, a lovely little LHC Inn or B&B so we can just check in and stay as long as we want!

Avvoltoio
January 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I wish TLHC was a real place/community we could go to in real life, to chat and talk about hair, as well as all of the other topics we discuss. It would be so amazing to meet the wonderful people on the forum!

Cause your comment I imagined a little town LHC where all LHC member would live, also imagined how much beautiful long haired woman would be there to few men :hollie: :eyebrows::eyebrows: :D

sibiryachka
January 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
And for those of us who spend waaaaaaay more time in the LHC Cafe than anywhere else, a lovely little LHC Inn or B&B so we can just check in and stay as long as we want!

Oooohh, a whole LHC-style spa weekend full of scalp massages and luxurious treatments involving lots of coconut oil... *sigh*

halo_tightens
January 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I agree with every single word in this thread so far!!!! I've often wished that this could be possible. I might never leave, considering the vast diversity of members we have here! I don't think it would even be possible to ever get tired of it.

I'll happily volunteer to help with henna, work in the herb garden, do microtrims, give scalp massages, or gently detangle!

PiroskaCicu
January 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I think a lot of people would live there :P and almost never go home

princessp
January 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
And there would have to be a special room dedicated to long hair history from the past..and a collection of combs, hairpins, miscellania...

Yeah, and art lots and lots of beautiful long-hair inspired artwork....and music :violin:

restourceful
January 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM
The long hair sighting thread would be the busiest thread on the forum.:cheese:

PiroskaCicu
January 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
We could take photographs of each other's hair without having to ask our SOs :P or other family and friends!

SwordWomanRiona
January 7th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yes, all this would be really great!! :agree:
No people gaping at you just because you have nearly classic-length hair, but accustomed to it! :D And discussing intricate braiding and hairstyles, and chatting about our experiences with henna, and everything!!

Photokissa
January 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm LOL'ing imagining how much hair there would be!:) I bet it would smell really nice from all of our oils/condish/etc. Of course seeing everyone in real life would send me into a very serious case of hair envy I'm sure!

slipperlady
January 7th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I was thinking about how no one would complain that: "Someone is shedding hair", 'cause nobody would know who it was and we'd all just drink tea and smile!:)

freckles
January 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM
If LHC was real life, I would have to get properly dressed and washed and sit with my back straight and not gobble down biscuits like a glutton while chatting ... and also not be in bed. :lol:

I can imagine everyone else sitting around, doing intricate updos on each other, looking elegant, having intelligent conversations ... and me, in the corner, in pyjamas, no makeup, 4-days-post-wash-hair in a scrunchy, dropping biscuit crumbs on myself with my I-haven't-had-my-coffee-yet face on! I think I prefer hiding behind a computer screen :p

halo_tightens
January 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
If LHC was real life, I would have to get properly dressed and washed and sit with my back straight and not gobble down biscuits like a glutton while chatting ... and also not be in bed. :lol:

I can imagine everyone else sitting around, doing intricate updos on each other, looking elegant, having intelligent conversations ... and me, in the corner, in pyjamas, no makeup, 4-days-post-wash-hair in a scrunchy, dropping biscuit crumbs on myself with my I-haven't-had-my-coffee-yet face on! I think I prefer hiding behind a computer screen :p

Ohhhhh, fear not! You would most assuredly NOT be the only one. :D

Perhaps separate lounging areas could be provided, with cushy sofas and warm blankies, for those who just want to snuggle up and chat. :)

breezefaerie
January 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
If LHC was real life, I would have to get properly dressed and washed and sit with my back straight and not gobble down biscuits like a glutton while chatting ... and also not be in bed.

I can imagine everyone else sitting around, doing intricate updos on each other, looking elegant, having intelligent conversations ... and me, in the corner, in pyjamas, no makeup, 4-days-post-wash-hair in a scrunchy, dropping biscuit crumbs on myself with my I-haven't-had-my-coffee-yet face on! I think I prefer hiding behind a computer screen

No, I'd be sitting next to you :)

Maddy25
January 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
sigh this would be lovely wouldn't it :) I seriously think I'd meet the best friends of my life if that were a place.

LissaJane
January 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
an island of long-hairs!

little_cherry
January 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I wish I could meet you all. It would be nice to just hang out and chat about hair.

Calaelen
January 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
This would have to be a town of long-hairs, or an island as LissaJane mentioned. We have 30 000 members here!! Also, could we all share hair toys at our whim?? I can think of several ladies who have collections I'd like to borrow from ;)

GRU
January 7th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Okay, if I win A Great Big Lottery, I will buy a Caribbean island dedicated to longhairs and hair-friendly people (shorthairs would be welcome as long as they respect the LHC way of life).

And we most definitely will have a full range of folks, from the beautifully dressed and coiffed (think: luxepiggy) to the comfy-cozy crew in their jammies and scrunchies (think: freckles) to the I-just-don't-give-a-crap folks in their jeans and sneakers (think: GRU), but we will all live according to KNIT principles.

There will be a 24/7/365 store with a complete buffet of hair toys, implements, oils, potions, creams, you-name-it -- only everything will only cost a penny per item (even the fancy stuff from etsy!).

There will be a hair-friendly salon where you can have henna, cassia, SMTs, etc., applied or have *exactly* what you want trimmed off, or get a super-fancy updo -- and every service will only cost a penny.

Every home will be provided with housekeeping services for one penny per week -- never again will we have to chase down the hairball rhinos in the corners, dig the slimy hairclogs out of the tub drain, or snip the hairs off the vacuum's roller brush!

Hmmmm.... I guess I'd better get around to winning A Great Big Lottery, huh?

freckles
January 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Okay, if I win A Great Big Lottery, I will buy a Caribbean island dedicated to longhairs and hair-friendly people (shorthairs would be welcome as long as they respect the LHC way of life).

And we most definitely will have a full range of folks, from the beautifully dressed and coiffed (think: luxepiggy) to the comfy-cozy crew in their jammies and scrunchies (think: freckles) to the I-just-don't-give-a-crap folks in their jeans and sneakers (think: GRU), but we will all live according to KNIT principles.

There will be a 24/7/365 store with a complete buffet of hair toys, implements, oils, potions, creams, you-name-it -- only everything will only cost a penny per item (even the fancy stuff from etsy!).

There will be a hair-friendly salon where you can have henna, cassia, SMTs, etc., applied or have *exactly* what you want trimmed off, or get a super-fancy updo -- and every service will only cost a penny.

Every home will be provided with housekeeping services for one penny per week -- never again will we have to chase down the hairball rhinos in the corners, dig the slimy hairclogs out of the tub drain, or snip the hairs off the vacuum's roller brush!

Wow, GRU, that sounds like a dream! :D I just dug my money, £2.11, out of my pocket and now I'm imagining what I would buy if everything-were-a-penny. I suppose we'll be working on USD, so I hope there will be a bureau de change on this Island, one that does coins ... or maybe we can all work in some kind of universal currency! :lol:

I almost want to change my user title to 'jammies and scrunchies'. :lol:

Elenna
January 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I wish for an one-stop store that had ALL the hair toys, shampoos, herbs, hennas, and oils. Plus having specialty lotions and potions especially formulated to our individual specs would be kind of nice.

GRU
January 7th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Wow, GRU, that sounds like a dream! :D I just dug my money, £2.11, out of my pocket and now I'm imagining what I would buy if everything-were-a-penny. I suppose we'll be working on USD, so I hope there will be a bureau de change on this Island, one that does coins ... or maybe we can all work in some kind of universal currency! :lol:

We could do a universal currency... maybe those little silicone "no-snag" elastics could be the "coin"?

If not, then you'd get roughly 328 "things/services" on my dream island with your £2.11!!!

I almost want to change my user title to 'jammies and scrunchies'. :lol:

I'm currently in jammies and a chopstick... and I just finished eating oatmeal raisin cookies, so I have "biscuit crumbs" on me as well. Something tells me we'd get along just fine IRL!

:cheese:

sibiryachka
January 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM

The perfect answer to this thread! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62741&highlight=million

GRU
January 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM
The perfect answer to this thread! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62741&highlight=million

That's exactly the thread that made me think of this! :lol:

Demetrue
January 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Since it's our island - all the hair products would be free since we would be testing them as part of research and design for all the hair product and accessory manufacturers in the world.

And there would be a hair lab where they would clone long hair from your short hair (for those of us still growing out our hair) and grow your hair out to any length you wanted to within minutes.

serious
January 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM
GRU, I love the idea of the LHC island!

In case it comes true, I could quit my job, move there and have time to make tons of hairtoys.....:cloud9:

LissaJane
January 8th, 2011, 01:31 AM
We should all just buy lottery tickets and make a pact that whoever wins uses the money to invest in an island/huge piece of land where all the long-hairs can live peacefully in an LHC-KNIT kinda way.

*daydreams...*

christine1989
January 8th, 2011, 03:20 AM
We should all just buy lottery tickets and make a pact that whoever wins uses the money to invest in an island/huge piece of land where all the long-hairs can live peacefully in an LHC-KNIT kinda way.

*daydreams...*

I think we would need mods on the island just like on the original LHC. Call me cynical but I think without some type of regulation "island LHC" would abandon its KNIT philosophy and revert to chaos. It would be like Lord of the Flies.....but hairier.

Henrietta
January 8th, 2011, 03:28 AM

It would be awesome!

I am almost crying. Such a fantastic vision... Ideal... I would sit there all the time.

Barniie
January 8th, 2011, 03:28 AM
LHC had a book, with one page made by each member, showing a treatment, style, or tip of their choice :)

restourceful
January 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Ohhhhh, fear not! You would most assuredly NOT be the only one. :D

Perhaps separate lounging areas could be provided, with cushy sofas and warm blankies, for those who just want to snuggle up and chat. :)

No, I'd be sitting next to you :)

*finds a cozy spot in a soft chair and covers up with warm LHC snuggie* Don't mind my sleep topknot and huge cup of coffee. I hope no one is allergic to my cat who insists on sitting in my lap. :kitten:

PiroskaCicu
January 8th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Maybe we could have a room where pets are allowed? And the pets long fur could be groomed and adored too...hehe.

halo_tightens
January 8th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I hope no one is allergic to my cat who insists on sitting in my lap. :kitten:

I only hope your kitty and mine don't fight! :D

Right this moment I'm in my jammies, with a very oily braid, snuggled up in a fleece blanket, with --yes-- biscuit crumbs! I just found two that I didn't finish last night sitting on the coffee table, and... well, you know how that goes. :o

Oh, and we must make sure to have an adequate supply of Mountain Dew as well. :agree:

LissaJane
January 8th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I think we would need mods on the island just like on the original LHC. Call me cynical but I think without some type of regulation "island LHC" would abandon its KNIT philosophy and revert to chaos. It would be like Lord of the Flies.....but hairier.

Agreed. Exactly as the forums are, but in island form and with extra additions-- such as the uber affordable hair-toy stores and house keeping :D

Organic
January 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I just came back from Hawaii..I saw some incredible Hawaiin women with hair to their thighs. Amazing. Made me decide to grow mine back out and stop using hair color. I am joining you all and becoming a renegray too.

Kherome
January 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Being quite tall for a girl, I know there are "Tall clubs" where local tall folks get together and complain about how hard it is to find long jeans etc. I wonder if there are any "Long clubs" anywhere?

Oz
January 10th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Im socialy retarded at face to face cominacation, so im glad this is online :)

Calaelen
January 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
How about if we promise to keep the site too, and update it with threads, and vids of our daily island life for those who feel more comfortable experiencing LHC from their computers??

That way everyone gets the experience they want :)