PDA

View Full Version : Got a trim today----

QueenBea
June 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I haven't gone to my ultra-cheap "Cuts By Us" since November--and I only stopped coloring/ironing/blowdrying/etc. last July. So I need to get 1/2" cut off every 4-6 months but I always dread doing it.

But it wasn't bad! Someone else made a comment that sometimes it is best to go to these "quick and cheap" places because they are THRILLED to do a straight-across trim and they don't suggest layering/shaping/etc. Most of them are happy to have someone who only takes 5 minutes and little effort.

(I have had very bad experiences at these places, where 1/2" is translated as 2", unevenly. But for the most part . . .)

So anyway, the ends of my hair feel much neater, and I'll try to hold out until October for the next trim--- I'd wait longer but the baby is due in November and I'd like it cleaned up before then----

My only regret is that we were chatting and she started blowdrying it straight--which makes it look really witchy and makes me realize that the airdried waves really are a better thing for me (been fighting my waves for 20+ years.)

Anyway----thanks for letting me **sigh** a sigh of relief that the dreaded trim is over and OKAY.

Bea

Elainehali
June 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I never really thought about it but I guess a cheap place would be the spot to get a trim. Fast couple of dollars for them!

Congradulations for the baby on the way! :D

tiny_teesha
June 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I'm glad it worked out well for you!! :D
I went there but i wanted layers. The cut was not for my hair!!!! It ruined my hair but in her defence she did as i asked. she just should not have kept thinning out my hair like that and tried to convince me it wouldn't look good!!!
Ah well. :) I've learnt and i trim my hair fine myself so i will keep it up :)

Curlsgirl
June 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Great! I did that for the first two years or so I was here too and it was SO worth it although it took what seemed like forever to get anywhere growthwise! I used to go to Great Clips and got really good results every time before I started doing Feye's trimming method. I have slowed down on the trimming too and it's nice to be able to just take the amount off that you WANT to take off and not worry about a scissor happy cutter! :shudder: Glad it worked out for you though! And congrats on the baby news!!! :cheese:

QueenBea
June 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for all the baby congrats--it will be interesting to add a third, that's for sure :)

Just a follow up that I conditioned it last night (the blowing it out that she did made it look TERRIBLE) and air dried it--and it really does look so much better. I can tell she took a tiny bit of length off but it's still about the same, and so much neater.

So it really was a good idea; I guess I need to make sure I do this every 4-6 months.

I can definitely see going to a "more sophisticated" place when my hair is where I want it to be :) but this place, although it's very cheap (11.95!) has little staff turnover--in the 4 years it's been open, 3 or 4 of the stylists have been there the whole time, and I trust them :)

Anyway--thanks for giving me a place to rave about something as simple as a trim :) My sister just said--I cant' tell any difference. Well, pooh on you!

Bea

lady G
June 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I just had a trim on thursday my chin length bob I am trying to keep it trimmed until it is all one length, it is almost there now, the layers are really growing down well. Goodbye layered hair hello all one length well it will be after the next couple of trims :) mind you I have now started growing the fringe down lol but thats another story :) I think a little trim now and then keeps the ends nicer. I just get it dry cut it is really cheap as I am not paying for all the blow dry lark that I don't need her to do anyway.

psvzum
June 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM
So glad to hear the trim worked out for you. Congratulations on the baby!!!