PDA

View Full Version : Small question about typing hair

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2011, 08:42 AM
So I've been here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=164 and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to rinse your hair without tasseling? I have to move my hair all over the place to get it all out. Would you just stay under the water longer? Also doesn't your hair get alot of knots from not combing it while it's wet? My hair gets really frizzy if I touch it when it's dry, then again I guess I could just braid it when I'm done. :)

Capybara
January 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'd suggest rinsing, washing, everything while standing up in the shower. I know that, if I flip my head over in the shower to rinse, I get many more tangles. The detangling step before washing is really important in preventing tangles too :)

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I brush before I get in the shower, finger comb with conditioner in the shower, and comb when I get out. :) When combing when I'm out I still have tangles, maybe because of how much I mess with it while rinsing out the conditioner.?.

At the moment I'm more concerned with how to type my hair. I can't imagine getting the conditioner out without moving my hair all over. And I'm assuming that if you leave some of the conditioner in it's going to mess with the typing. :(

Help!!! LOL

rena
January 6th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I brush before I get in the shower, finger comb with conditioner in the shower, and comb when I get out. :) When combing when I'm out I still have tangles, maybe because of how much I mess with it while rinsing out the conditioner.?.

At the moment I'm more concerned with how to type my hair. I can't imagine getting the conditioner out without moving my hair all over. And I'm assuming that if you leave some of the conditioner in it's going to mess with the typing. :(

Help!!! LOL

Maybe you could try a light, cheapie conditioner. I notice that the Suaves tend to rinse out pretty well, like a very mild soap.

You can also stand under the shower longer...It has to rinse out eventually when bombarded with water.

As less conditioner as you can manage?

spidermom
January 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
You can rinse your hair in sections under the shower. This is how I do it: Because I want the conditioner to stay on my canopy longer, I'll take the upper sections in one hand and lift them carefully out of the way and start rinsing the area near the nape of my neck first, then let the upper half drop and rinse it. Also, I often take a comb into the shower with me and comb the conditioner through my hair, also combing while the rinse water is running through. When I get out, I drop my hair into two flannel pillowcases at the back of my head, one inside the other, twisting the open end and securing with a claw clip at my front hair-line, removing later and allowing my hair to just hang there (usually while I sit at the computer). My hair looks it's prettiest if I let it dry without doing anything else to it, so I follow this routine a lot. When I'm ready to put it up is when I comb it for the first time, after it's dry. There will be tangles by then, but it's usually not too bad.

I don't think leaving a little conditioner in your hair will prevent you from seeing what your natural straight/wave/curl pattern is. The important thing is don't comb it before it's dry.

I hope some of these ideas are useful to you.

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Rena thank you. Perhaps I will go with less conditioner than I normally use. The only conditioner I have is a 5 minute deep conditioning one. Normally I use a 2-1 *gasp*, and then about a healthy palmful of this. Using less with a longer rinse might do the trick. :)

Spidermom that helps a TON. That is kinda what I do, rinsing in sections and lifting to rinse the underneath. If I can comb through during the rinsing as well as the rest of the above while trying to type then I'm golden. :) I was just baffled 'cause the directions for typing said to rinse with as little tasseling as possible and I thought this would be too much.