View Full Version : Old Dyed hair

pop
January 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hello guys,
Im trying to have healthy and long hair. So I didnt dye my hair for 1,5 year (before I dyed 2 or 3 times a year), I cut my hair some inches to get rid of layers and get stronger ends some inches in September, October and November(my last cut), and than :cheer: I found lhc!!!!! So I dont use blowdryer anymore, only air dry, I put oils in my hair, I shampoo with no cons and sls, and never brush it when is wet :). The only problem is my old dyed hair that looks that I have 2 colours. My physical colour is dark brown. So I want to thank you first of all for this incredible forum and second any ideas for get my colour back without dye my hair?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!:grouphug::grouphug:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5422/hair3m.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8056/hair4.jpg

pop
January 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
my length is in my shoulders now

UltraBella
January 6th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Without dying the length to match, I just don't know. Maybe someone has a suggestion about a natural product. Lots of members here use henna, indigo and cassia but I am completely clueless about them. So, while I am no help, I still wanted to say good luck !

ddiana1979
January 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Henndigo, perhaps? If you have a trustworthy friend or a stylist who's willing to work w/ henna & indigo, you could put it just on the areas that are reddish. You'll probably have to do multiple stand tests to get a good color match to your virgin hair. And perhaps finish off with a cassia treatment a few days later to get even shine throughout your hair. I've never dealt with the two-tone issue before, so hopefully someone else will have more suggestions. There are teas you could use as rinses too, but they're extremely temporary.

Katze
January 6th, 2011, 02:37 AM
wow your hair looks really pretty, shiny, healthy, and thick.

Because of that, I would just leave it alone. However, as someone who recently grew out YEARS of bleach and dye, I know how yucky it can feel to feel like your hair is ugly. So I will share what I did.

I started taking better care of my hair (less/no heat, regular deep treatments, gentler treatment) so that my virgin hair would look better.

Then I CUT (through many, many trims). I have probably cut off twice as much hair as I now have. And I am happy about that. Other people prefer to get as long as possible as fast as possible, but that was not my goal, so I went for healthy hair over length.

hth, and welcome here!

pop
January 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thank you guys!!!!...someone told me that Laurel oil makes the hair darker. I try it somethimes but nothing happend

spidermom
January 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'd leave it alone other than trimming. It looks good, and sun-bleaching can do that, so it also looks relatively natural.