PDA

View Full Version : Woah ! I DON'T THINK I AM AT HIP ANYMORE !!

UltraBella
January 5th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I keep saying I am at hip, and to be honest, I have not been paying any attention to my length. I have just been patiently waiting to get to tailbone without ever checking ! Tonight when I got out of the shower I discovered I am past hip and I think I am at tailbone. :D
I am looking for confirmation, please.
Am I there ?

Here is my hair wet and freshly oiled:
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0589.jpg

Here is my hair when I pulled my longest layer straight, since my hair is cut in a deep V :
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0585.jpg

What's the verdict ??

TinaDenali
January 5th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Wow, you definitely look tailbone to me! If not a bit past....!!

Congrats, UltraBella!!!!

Your hair looks amazing!! :thud:

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Wow, that's definitely TB! To me, it looks like you're only 4" or so away from classic (of course it's hard to tell in pictures because there is no scale). Your hair is GORGEOUS, BTW!

Chibbylick
January 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM
looks like tailbone to me!
congratulations!!
*slinks off with hair envy*

skaempfer
January 6th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, will you all rise to sing the tailbone anthem for our esteemed member, ultrabella.

On second thought, let's just do the buttcrack boogie. :cheese: !

Rocket22
January 6th, 2011, 12:04 AM
How nice to not notice you have hit TB!!!! :)

Oh and I have seen (stalked) your albums and you have the most incredible hair!!!! it's just amazing!

christine1989
January 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Thats tailbone for sure! Maybe even an inch past. :)

Dragon
January 6th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Congrats, it looks like tailbone :)

GoddesJourney
January 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM
That is tailbone all the way. Congratulations!

Melisande
January 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Indeed it does. And what beautiful hair you have.

Congratulations! I wish I was at tailbone.... :-(((((

UltraBella
January 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Yay !!! I am gad I wasn't wrong.... Lol. That would have been a downer ! Thanks !!

I must say, I have never looked at the back of my head while my hair was wet and..... I don't like it ! My hair looks kind of *UCK* wet. And my longest layer looks thin at the hemline, but when my hair is dry it looks thick and hardly like a V at all. More like a soft U. What is up with that ? Hmmmmm........

Avvoltoio
January 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Congratulations! Definiately you reached tb, and you have so beautiful thick hair!

cindy58
January 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I think you've passed it! How are you liking this length?

Avital88
January 6th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Wow, what a beautiful lenght! how long did it take you to grow from hip? Congratulations

Avital88
January 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Yay !!! I am gad I wasn't wrong.... Lol. That would have been a downer ! Thanks !!

I must say, I have never looked at the back of my head while my hair was wet and..... I don't like it ! My hair looks kind of *UCK* wet. And my longest layer looks thin at the hemline, but when my hair is dry it looks thick and hardly like a V at all. More like a soft U. What is up with that ? Hmmmmm........

I have the same, i dont even wanna post pictures of my hair wet its just seethrough while dry its thick.

Veer666
January 6th, 2011, 02:54 AM
congratulations with reaching Tailbone lenght!

Wish I was there already!

freckles
January 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
That looks like tailbone :) congratulations.

Medievalmaniac
January 6th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, will you all rise to sing the tailbone anthem for our esteemed member, ultrabella.

On second thought, let's just do the buttcrack boogie. :cheese: !

No! No! I think a round of the national anthem is definitely called for. Here, for the very first time, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Club....I debut, our very own, LHC National Anthem!

(To the Tune of the United States National Anthem)

Oh, say Can You See
That Her Hair's Finally There
Down Toooo Her Tailbone
For All The World To See-ee!

She Has Oiled, Washed and Combed
With Various Unguents
She's Avoided Blow Dryers
She's used sticks, forks, and ouchless Scrunch-ees

And The Rockets' Red Glare
The Bombs Bursting Mid-Air
Give Proof, Now Tonight
That Her Hair's Finally There!

Oh Say Does Ultrabella's Long Hair
At Tailbone Wa-ave
In The Land Of The Free
And The Home Of The...Vaguely Creepy! :cheese:

Bene
January 6th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Isn't tailbone sort of like a few inches below the top of the buttcrack? Not trying to check out your butt or anything :laugh: but does the length reach that area? Because if yes, then you're there. If not, you're pretty close and I'm insanely envious because I'm not there yet.

lupiae
January 6th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Yes, you are at tailbone lenght! Congratulation for this new goal! Which is the next one? :confused:

pepperminttea
January 6th, 2011, 04:56 AM
That's definitely tailbone. :) Congratulations!

skaempfer
January 6th, 2011, 05:00 AM
No! No! I think a round of the national anthem is definitely called for. Here, for the very first time, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Club....I debut, our very own, LHC National Anthem!

(To the Tune of the United States National Anthem)

Oh, say Can You See
That Her Hair's Finally There
Down Toooo Her Tailbone
For All The World To See-ee!

She Has Oiled, Washed and Combed
With Various Unguents
She's Avoided Blow Dryers
She's used sticks, forks, and ouchless Scrunch-ees

And The Rockets' Red Glare
The Bombs Bursting Mid-Air
Give Proof, Now Tonight
That Her Hair's Finally There!

At Tailbone Wa-ave
In The Land Of The Free

MM, you are a either Bard, or have missed your calling.

:hollie: :jestor: :hollie:

CastaDiva
January 6th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Your hair is definitely at tailbone:) Congratulations, you have beautiful hair:)

Nae
January 6th, 2011, 06:07 AM
You Grow Girl!!! Looks like tailbone to me!

LaurelSpring
January 6th, 2011, 06:11 AM
It certainly looks like it to me! You have the most amazing hair!

lapushka
January 6th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Yep that's definitely TBL. Congratulations, Ultrabella! :cheer:

At Tailbone Wa-ave
In The Land Of The Free

:spitting:

Oz
January 6th, 2011, 06:49 AM
TB TB TB congtets siser!

Xandergrammy
January 6th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Looks like tailbone to me too sweetie!! Looking good! :thumbsup:

Babyfine
January 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Wow! your hair is gorgeous! Good growing!

Capybara
January 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Absolutely tailbone! Past it, looks to me!

You have a-mazing hair! And a wonderful personality as well :)

UltraBella
January 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Isn't tailbone sort of like a few inches below the top of the buttcrack? Not trying to check out your butt or anything :laugh: but does the length reach that area? Because if yes, then you're there. If not, you're pretty close and I'm insanely envious because I'm not there yet.

I have been told that tailbone is the top - or beginning - of your *ahem* butt crack. :D Which is where my finger is in the pictures. So, I am actually a bit past tailbone.

UltraBella
January 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I think you've passed it! How are you liking this length?

Honestly, I cringe to say this out loud........ I have been thinking about cutting it. It's a bit much to take care of. My ponytail circumference is currently at 5.5" now that I cut my bangs and I think I had an easier time with it when it was between BSL and waist. I have been contemplating it, but no decisions yet ! Tailbone was my goal since I was told I can't have long healthy and color it like I do, lol.

Medievalmaniac, that is quite the song ! :laugh:

aggie_deirde
January 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I'm in love with your hair!How long did it took you to grow?

UltraBella
January 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I'm in love with your hair!How long did it took you to grow?

Well, from hip to TB, it's been about four months. My hair grows an average of an inch per month, just like my mom :) So it has always been pretty easy for me to trim and then grow it back out again. I haven't been paying any attention to length lately so I didn't even know it was this long !

Demetrue
January 6th, 2011, 08:30 AM
yes, it's a little past tailbone! I think you should keep growing and see what it looks like at classic!

Fairlight63
January 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Your hair is so beautiful & thick! I wish that my hair was as thick as yours!

princessp
January 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Definitely TB, congratulations!

Fufu
January 6th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Many congratulations on reaching tailbone ^^

ericthegreat
January 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
It definitely looks like your hair is just brushing up at TB length!! Congratulations on reaching a new milestone UltraBella!!! :cheese:

LissaJane
January 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Woo! Congrats :D

xpeacelovekoala
January 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yay tailbone! Gorgeous!

Alvrodul
January 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Congratulations on reaching tailbone! :flowers:

Tia2010
January 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
definitely tailbone ! and It looks amazing !

sanfen
January 6th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Niiiiiiicccce!!!!! :cheese:

lyria
January 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Gorgeous TB length hair, Congratulations!

teela1978
January 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM
You look tailboneish to me... I tend to think of hip and tailbone as being marked by the hipbones and the tailbone, so if its reaching your tailbone then you're there. If your pointy finger is at your hipbone level then you're certainly past hip.

artiste
January 6th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Definitely looks like tailbone to me! Congrats! :)

TiaKitty
January 6th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Yay! You definately got there! I think of that as tailbone, for sure...

I know what you mean about it being easier a wee bit shorter. Mine's like yours in the length department. I lost a lot of ponytail circumference this year from a big mean stress shed, so you're definately toting around more weight... Mine brushes the floor when I bend over, which squicks me out, especially when I'm in public.

I really just want to see what terminal is for me, though... curiosity and the kitty, you know?

What do you think would be your impetus for cutting? Would you just reach a point and be fed up and that's that, or would it have to be something creepy/gross happening?

Do you fantasize about seeing what your terminal is? Just so you'd know how big and bad you could get that mane of yours? I know I'd like to see what you could pull off. I'm sure it would be breath-taking. I'm not so sure your cervical vertebrae could hold up, though!!!

UltraBella
January 7th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Yay! You definately got there! I think of that as tailbone, for sure...

I know what you mean about it being easier a wee bit shorter. Mine's like yours in the length department. I lost a lot of ponytail circumference this year from a big mean stress shed, so you're definately toting around more weight... Mine brushes the floor when I bend over, which squicks me out, especially when I'm in public.

I really just want to see what terminal is for me, though... curiosity and the kitty, you know?

What do you think would be your impetus for cutting? Would you just reach a point and be fed up and that's that, or would it have to be something creepy/gross happening?

Do you fantasize about seeing what your terminal is? Just so you'd know how big and bad you could get that mane of yours? I know I'd like to see what you could pull off.
I'm sure it would be breath-taking. I'm not so sure your cervical vertebrae could hold up, though!!!

I can honestly say I have NEVER fantasized about reaching my terminal length, the thought just does not appeal to me at all ! I think I knew at hip that I was journeying outside my desired length for me, personally, but I still wanted to hit the milestone and I knew it wouldn't take that long. No sense in trimming before then and I also thought I might even discover I like it longer......
I sat through my daughter's swim meet today in a super hot, incredibly humid pool area and my hair was like a blanket. I felt overheated even after putting it up. Those are the moments I start plotting a haircut !

I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and support. To be completely truthful with you all, even though I am super excited to hit TB, I think my hair was sexier when it was about 8 inches shorter. Is that weird ? It had more bounce, movement, it was supermodel hair on a short woman :D Now it is just a whole lot of long hair and it feels less stylish and fun. But on other days I just want it to get longer and longer, because I can.........

kwaniesiam
January 7th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Looks tailbone to me, very pretty :)

janeytilllie
January 7th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Congratulations on reaching tailbone :flower: Your hair is so beautiful! :)

Cupofmilk
January 7th, 2011, 06:59 AM
The thing about your hair is that it looks fab in all the different length shots I have seen and with the different colour combinations. The world is your hair's oyster. There aren't many people whose hair is that versatile and beacuse it grows fast you have so many options.

TiaKitty
January 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I can honestly say I have NEVER fantasized about reaching my terminal length, the thought just does not appeal to me at all ! I think I knew at hip that I was journeying outside my desired length for me, personally, but I still wanted to hit the milestone and I knew it wouldn't take that long. No sense in trimming before then and I also thought I might even discover I like it longer......
I sat through my daughter's swim meet today in a super hot, incredibly humid pool area and my hair was like a blanket. I felt overheated even after putting it up. Those are the moments I start plotting a haircut !

I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and support. To be completely truthful with you all, even though I am super excited to hit TB, I think my hair was sexier when it was about 8 inches shorter. Is that weird ? It had more bounce, movement, it was supermodel hair on a short woman :D Now it is just a whole lot of long hair and it feels less stylish and fun. But on other days I just want it to get longer and longer, because I can.........

That swim meet would likely have had me in the bathroom, cutting with my swiss army knife scissors, just to cool down!!!

I can understand you not wanting to bother to reach terminal. As fast as your hair grows and as thick as it is, you'd likely be in for a world of hurt and irritation if you tried!

I agree with you about the length difference looking better shorter... there's a comedienne called Iliza Schlessinger (sp?) who does a bit about the difference between sexy hair and religious hair being only about 4 inches. It was a funny bit, and I think I found it on You Tube, if anyone is interested in searching it. She also nailed me with a bit about missing teeth... keeping the front teeth or "business teeth" and having the others gone... Really, really made me laugh!

So, now that I admitted I have beyond sexy hair and am lacking some teeth... let me exit this thread with what few shreds of dignity I still have.

Lianna
January 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
It looks past TB to me! Your hair is so beautiful and thick even when wet. :D

Congratulations!! :flower:

thisischristine
January 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I'm newish, but that looks like tailbone! I think it grows when you aren't watching. ;)