PDA

View Full Version : Finding Hair in Odd Places?

Pages : [1] 2

ammorgan
January 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Has anybody ever found hair from their head in an odd place? Or in an odd place on your body?

I hope I'm not the only one LOL

myria
January 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
yes. My hair routinely turns up in very odd places - inside xmas presents I didn't wrap, inside boxes in my gran's attic, and dbf finds them in his flat/car/parents' house (and occasionally in his boxers :laugh:)
and yes in odd places on my body too.

ammorgan
January 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
My hair is maybe BSL if I stretch it out and sometimes I find it between my butt cheeks! It's like how did it get there?!

megpeg
January 5th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah, unfortunately. It's funny but it does get annoying. I'm constantly on hair-ball patrol in my house since my hair got below apl (I'm almost to bsl).

And yea, lol random odd places on the body as well. Hate those tell-tale tickles lol. It's weird though, because it seems like a lot of my shed hairs that end up in the laundry always end up bunching up together under the arms of sweaters and some tshirts. Its strange. Anymore, it is literally the first thing I check once I am dressed in the morning lol.

Animae
January 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Phantom hairs, they're so lovely.

Since I'm almost to waist, I do a check in the shower for stray hairs where they should not be (like my butt).

perkidanman
January 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
This is gonna be gross but I always get them in the crack of my butt when taking a shower XD

ravenreed
January 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I leave a trail of hair everywhere. I constantly find hairballs on the carpet. Large ones. How do I even have any hair left on my head? I don't even want to discuss the daily "crevice checks" to find any hairs that have migrated.

Dragon
January 5th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Yep, in my butt cheeks and in my pantry. Can I include eye lash hair as I have found them in my mouth.

Elenna
January 5th, 2011, 11:54 PM
.... And yea, lol random odd places on the body as well. Hate those tell-tale tickles lol. It's weird though, because it seems like a lot of my shed hairs that end up in the laundry always end up bunching up together under the arms of sweaters and some tshirts. Its strange. Anymore, it is literally the first thing I check once I am dressed in the morning lol.

Yes darn it, that's what lint rollers are for. It gets annoying and embarrassing to having to keep rolling over the fabric for hair. Why the arms?? I guess, hair is static electricity charged so it just clings to everything. The three furballs also leave fur flying all over the place because they unravel in their travels around the house.

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Yup. Definitely between my butt cheeks. That freaked the hell out of my fiancé when I told him that. *snicker*

Oh, and I can't seem to manage to use tape (to wrap presents or tape boxes, etc.) or knit without getting my hair or dog &/or cat fur stuck or intwined. Merry Christmas. . . have some hair!

Animae
January 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
My best friend's cat will play with my hairballs that form around his house from me being there. I try and pick them up as I find them, but sometimes the cat finds them first. The cat also likes my pony tail holders. When he cleans behind his couch, he'll always have about six of them for me.

Fog
January 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The cat also likes my pony tail holders. When he cleans behind his couch, he'll always have about six of them for me.

Ha! My cat is the same! She looooves hairties, so much so that my boyfriend's mom put a small package of them in the "stocking" she got for my cat at Christmas (silly, I know, a stocking for a cat ... but whatever). When I moved out of my last apartment, I found zillions of hairties stuffed under rugs, baseboard heaters, etc. There was a line of them just under the door of the utility closet.

Anje
January 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Butt cheeks, coming out of the cat, you name it.

Arya
January 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Platonic male friend's clothing. ALL. THE. TIME. Especially in high school, when my hair was blunt and between waist and tailbone length. It just transfers from surface to surface, ending up in the weirdest places.
You have no idea how many suspicious girlfriends I have created.
One of them actually said "You know, I used to find long red hairs occasionally in Eric's car, on his shirt, in books, etc., and it made me worry. But now that we're friends, I realize your hair is so long and bright red, it just shows up everywhere! *pulls one of my hairs off her jacket*"

V____V

firefly42
January 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
i have to do a buttcrack check in the shower as well as that seems to be the only time i shed ( and then i shed a LOT in the shower lol) also sweeping up the floor in the bathroom, the vacuum cleaner is AWFUL...

Sylvanas
January 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yup. Definitely between my butt cheeks. That freaked the hell out of my fiancé when I told him that. *snicker*!

Haha, tell him it could be much worse. My BF often finds my hair between his butt cheeks! :p

omnivore
January 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
anywhere and everywhere! stuck in the lacy parts of my brassiere and ye olde buttcrack seem to be the two most common odd places that random hairs show up. i took a dish to a pitch-in christmas dinner, and had to extract a hair that i spotted right before i went out the door. my hair was even restrained when i was cooking! must have fallen off of my shirt or something, lucky catch all the same.

Oz
January 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM
its funny.. for some reason.. when we are in bed.. my bf always finds mine rapped around his willy. no where else... just there.. like it gravitates to it or something.. we dont understat it :D tee heee

Oz
January 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM
i never find mine between my but cheeks

YAY!!!

Malibu Barbie
January 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I wash the clothes and find it woven into the fabric. It gets wrapped around my foot or stuck to my toes when I get out of the shower.

chrissy-b
January 6th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I find them in my refrigerator all the time.

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM
For some reason my always end up with my undies in the laundry and I don't notice until I'm putting them on, sometimes until I've been wearing them for a couple hours!
The weirdest place is my fiance finds them in our fish tank all the time! I only do my hair in the bedroom and bathroom and somehow they end up in the fish tank which is in the living room and the top is 4 1/2 feet from the floor. No furniture near it or anything. I have no clue how that happens. :)

eezepeeze
January 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Butt cheeks, coming out of the cat, you name it.

Oh my gosh, yes! Coming out of the cat's butt!! It's like how did that get IN there? Why do they EAT it?

Wound into the afghan...also in the present-wrapping tape, as someone else mentioned.

In the bra, which is bad because it itches and you can't exactly reach down in there to retrieve it during a meeting, ya know?

bridgetsgirl
January 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
They're always in the t-shirts I have to wear with my uniform...at least twice a day, I'm reaching up my uniform sleeve to pull one out :p

sherigayle
January 7th, 2011, 07:52 AM
One of DH's coworkers found one in his car after they went to lunch the other day. His wife has short blond hair, so finding a really long brown hair was shocking to him. He's probably lucky his wife didn't find it.

Intransigentia
January 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
During my last longhair period, when I still lived at home, my brother would complain that he could open a sealed can of pop, at the home of one of his friends where I never went, and he would find my hair in his drink.

These days, it seems like all my yarn has my hair spun into it before I even start a crochet project.

stefafra
January 7th, 2011, 10:08 AM
One of DH's coworkers found one in his car after they went to lunch the other day. His wife has short blond hair, so finding a really long brown hair was shocking to him. He's probably lucky his wife didn't find it.
Well, my mother has short, blond and straight hair, so my father was regularly teased at work because he often had looong reddish hair on his coat, jumpers, and so on.
Mine :wink:
My partner claims to have found a spider strangled by one of my hairs once :pumpkin: I think it was just a dead spider that got cought in a hair fluffball but hey, it makes such a good story.

Sagi1982
January 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Yup. In freshly washed laundry, in wool skeins, on my guinea pigs' backs...
My hairs are everywhere...

GRU
January 7th, 2011, 06:31 PM
When he cleans behind his couch, he'll always have about six of them for me.

Okay, I TOTALLY misread that sentence..... my brain saw, "When he cleans behind his crotch..." and I was thinking that this was WAY Too Much Information!!! :lol:

In the bra, which is bad because it itches and you can't exactly reach down in there to retrieve it during a meeting, ya know?

Or the flip-side for the curlies: caught in the valley of the lady lumps, so that every breath makes it feel like there's a bug trying to crawl out of the Grand Canyon!

omnivore
January 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
found a shed out noggin hair in my undies for the first time today! woo-hoo! this has got to be some kind of milestone!

HoneyJubilee
January 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
For some reason my always end up with my undies in the laundry and I don't notice until I'm putting them on, sometimes until I've been wearing them for a couple hours!
The weirdest place is my fiance finds them in our fish tank all the time! I only do my hair in the bedroom and bathroom and somehow they end up in the fish tank which is in the living room and the top is 4 1/2 feet from the floor. No furniture near it or anything. I have no clue how that happens. :)
I was just going to say the fish tank! I always find my hair wrapped around the plastic plants in the tank. The only way I can figure out that they get in there is when I'm cleaning the tank.

I also find my hair and the cat's hair in all the usual places...butt crack, armpit, inside my clothes, in my bed, in the carpet, etc.

megpeg
January 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Oh, I hate when it gets stuck in the hook of my bra and tickles my back. That happens almost on a daily basis.

jojo
January 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM
My hair is maybe BSL if I stretch it out and sometimes I find it between my butt cheeks! It's like how did it get there?!
I found one there today it was like wearing a very uncomfortable thong and when I pulled it, it nearly split me in two! also and this is really disgusting my dog was having a poo and a hair was exactly central to the "string" of poos looked like a string of sausages, but made it very easy to clean up eeek! maybe I should teach her to eat bags and then it would be even easier!!!:D

jojo
January 7th, 2011, 07:38 PM
its funny.. for some reason.. when we are in bed.. my bf always finds mine rapped around his willy. no where else... just there.. like it gravitates to it or something.. we dont understat it :D tee heee

PMSL oh my i laughed hard at that one!:D

TiaKitty
January 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I always get bugged by them in my butt crack, but instead of just being there, when they dangle down and tickle the back of my legs, like a bug crawling up my leg...

The ladies at my daughter's daycare would tell me when they found them in the baby's diapers.

One time the baby was screaming and screaming... she wasn't hungry, wet, dirty, or gassy... eventually, I started stripping her down, trying to figure out what was wrong. Turned out one of my hairs was wrapped around her wee little toes, so tight on one of them that the wee-tiny toe was purple!!! Poor baby... I felt horrible, but not horrible enough to cut my hair!

My cat loves my pony tail holders, too. Boy cat only; the girlies don't care about them in the least. He hoards them, keeping them in special corners of the house. Sometimes I'll have none, have to go under the 'fridge or stove just to get my hair into a pony tail!

LadyG
January 7th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Found a wad of hairs in my sock today getting ready for work. Turned the sock inside-out, going....what the heck is that???? Really now, in my socks?????

Oz
January 7th, 2011, 08:38 PM
PMSL oh my i laughed hard at that one!:D

ha ha ha

im glad someone liked it.

I never find them on my or anywhere else. I wouldnt mind but others always seem to.
Maybe I'm just so used to it that I dont notice.

Fadedbluedreams
January 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
In my food after I ate it. It's not much fun to have to pull a half-swallowed hair back out of your throat.

Anywhere
January 8th, 2011, 09:07 AM
My hair ends up all over the floors in my house, despite me wearing it up most of the time unless I'm showering or in my room. It also ends up in my body crevices somehow (I don't even tuck my shirts in, so how does my hair get to my butt anyway!?) :ponder:

baaaad_kitty
January 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Between butt cheeks! YES! I am not alone!

It usually happens in the shower. I also check whenever I go to the restroom.

thisischristine
January 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
So glad I'm not the only one with it in my butt crack! I'm not even past APL yet! When I was BSL as a teenager, it was always in wads under my armpits on woollen jumpers. So yuck!

Yamainu
January 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
My husband finds them in his underwear. It freaks him out. :D

I blame the washing machine. It takes all the hair off my clothes, and even distributes it to the rest of the household. :)

Rosalaun
January 9th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Oh good, I'm not the only one constantly having to drag hair out of the fish tanks! But yes, they seem to get everywhere. I have really bad split ends so when I braid I always end up with 2 inch long pieces of hair all over the rug. And the dog likes to collect my hairs, the rats like to sit on my shoulders and pull out the shed hairs. I often have friends randomly walk up to me *just* to pull a few hairs off my shoulders or down my back. Or pulling my hairs off their clothes while they're talking to me.

silversnow
January 9th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Oh, my. Between my buttcheeks, between my husband's buttcheeks, in his butt (he says it's a weird feeling, pulling them out...I found this out firsthand, myself, recently), wrapped around his willy, in food, in the litterbox, and the latest: in my crotch. :x

We've been finding his hairs everywhere, too, so at least it isn't just me, lol.

Kaeita
January 9th, 2011, 04:45 AM
The ladies at my daughter's daycare would tell me when they found them in the baby's diapers.

This was what prompted my big chop after my boy was born - it was similar to your daughter's situation with her toe, only it wasn't his toe! :(

My big milestone recently is finding hairs in the drain of the shower - until now, it's been too short to get stuck!

Meridon
January 9th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Oh yes! My bum, in my DS2's nappies, it always seems to be on the washing machine door too! DP has found it in his undies, it just get absolutely everywhere.

Mountaingrrl
January 9th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I found one in my mushroom omelet this morning!

Animae
January 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I just found a huge hairball on my duster right before I put it in the washing machine.

SwordWomanRiona
January 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I find them everywhere! On the floor, inside my clothes and underwear, inside my books, everywhere.
But what I really hate is becoming aware of a hair inside my clothing, tickling me uncomfortably, right in the middle of, say, a Quantum Mechanics class, and I can't just say: "Excuse me, sir, but could you stop talking about electron spins for a moment, because I have to take my knee-high boot off and retrieve a 95.5 cm-long hair from my sock?" :eyebrows:

LadyG
January 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I find them everywhere! On the floor, inside my clothes and underwear, inside my books, everywhere.
But what I really hate is becoming aware of a hair inside my clothing, tickling me uncomfortably, right in the middle of, say, a Quantum Mechanics class, and I can't just say: "Excuse me, sir, but could you stop talking about electron spins for a moment, because I have to take my knee-high boot off and retrieve a 95.5 cm-long hair from my sock?" :eyebrows:

LOL! I can see that! So funny.

TiaKitty
January 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I found one in the microwave today!

reverie24
January 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Oh, my. Between my buttcheeks, between my husband's buttcheeks, in his butt (he says it's a weird feeling, pulling them out...I found this out firsthand, myself, recently), wrapped around his willy, in food, in the litterbox, and the latest: in my crotch. :x

We've been finding his hairs everywhere, too, so at least it isn't just me, lol.

Hahaha!

Well, it's gross but my friend said her puppy pooped and it was stuck to him by a hair and she had to pull it out. Pretty funny though.

I just pulled one out from under the neck of my boyfriends sweater...not too odd after these!

dragonette@1
January 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I can so relate to these stories! I am constantly scraping my hairs up from the carpet, finding them on my sweaters, stuck in my bras, etc. And, unfortunately, in my buttcrack. My DBF is losing his shoulder-length hair, too, so we are vacuuming all the time!

Viechen
January 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I have started to vacuum every second day (used to do it only when desparately needed) because my kitten likes to eat them and then cant pass the darn things completely, making a mess... But I am not cutting it, lol. Oh and I find them between my bum cheeks and between by SO cheeks and various other parts as well. Haha, I am so happy that I am not the only one. :D

Kaijah
January 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I can relate to pretty much everything here. I'm not sure how it manages to get everywhere - I find it particularly hilarious when it travels on a friend to another friends house/car that I haven't been to recently. Like a little forget-me-not, right? :rolling:

Also, for all the others who've mentioned hair in fish tanks - don't forget to check the propeller in your filters every time you clean. Hair can and will get wrapped around it, and slowly build up until it stops the motor. :silly:

Dragon
January 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Last night I found my hair tangles around the area you plug the phone charger in my mobile.

Nenwing
April 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
I found this thread, and just had to say I am so glad its not just me who is finding hair in those odd places! Ugh rear-end trapped hair is not nice! :o

MeganE
April 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Oh wow.

The Order of the Hair in the Butt Cheeks! Alone no more!!!! :rockerdud:rockerdud:rockerdud

I've thought about how it happens, and I'm assuming the hair that sheds under the water slides down your back and, well.. where else is it going to go? LMAO What did we do before our hair made our lives so interesting? Can this thread be private? Pretty, please? LOL

ETA:

Also, for all the others who've mentioned hair in fish tanks - don't forget to check the propeller in your filters every time you clean. Hair can and will get wrapped around it, and slowly build up until it stops the motor.

Good tip! I did see a hair floating in my fish tank during my last water change, I'll try to be more careful. :)

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Threaded through clothing- And most annoyingly-through socks!

Its not odd, but awkward. I'm having an ever so serious conversation and notice there's a hair on my shirt. I pull on it to get it off and it just keeps on going. Followed by looking up and noticing the look and the other persons face. -"that was weird"- hehe

Ive pulled long strands that where threaded right through my pillow! :ohmy:

iluvkorn
April 4th, 2011, 03:32 AM

this happens to my husband as well! he can't decide if he is irritated by it or enjoys it:eyebrows:

AndreaPetrea
April 4th, 2011, 06:05 AM
My piano tuner once asked me if I was putting my head inside the piano :uhh:

nazzooyzo
April 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
i sometimes find some down the toilet which is kinda odd

nazzooyzo
April 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM

:laugh: ha ha how odd!

kyandii
April 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Butt crack :laugh:
When I'm in the shower sometimes shedded ones get caught on my navel piercing, looks like a snail trail

CrisDee
April 4th, 2011, 06:43 AM
OH yes, I can related to many of these. Found 'em in my socks, wrapped around the vacuum beater bar, and causing that dangling turd outta my dog's butt. And I am also a member of LHC's latest fraternity, the Order of the Hair Thong Knights. Hair does have its downside...

ooo
April 4th, 2011, 06:44 AM
this is completely normal. I think, I need to vacuum again.

jackiesjottings
April 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
all over the place :( On me, all over the house, tucked into my waistband, even on my back step door mat the other day. I sometimes wonder how I have any left on my head. Combined with hairs from my cat... it is a wonder my Dyson has already lasted about 18 months....

ladyveg
April 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
My main hair collection area is under my boobs. I can always find a strand or two there! No butt crack sightings yet!

HairStickler
April 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM
If I don't cut the hair off of the roller in the vacuum cleaner pretty frequently, it somehow burns out the motor.

Kherome
April 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I am the only girl at work. I shed all over the chairs and the guys pick the hairs up and carry them home:o One time, a guy from work told me his wife got in to his truck and found a looooong red hair in the truck and really gave him what for. He told her about me but she didn't buy it til we met. I've gotten more than one guy at work in trouble.

dollface
April 5th, 2011, 07:12 PM
every time i open one of my books i find hairs, it always amuses me especially since the hair are never the same color since i color my hair frequently.

Copasetic
April 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
My hair is all over my apartment. It was also all over my ex-bf's dorm room. He would find hairs in his clothes and on his desk.

Viechen
April 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Why, oh why do I find them dangling out of my cats butt? And theyre pretty long hairs, and I vacuum once or twice a week... WHHHHYYYYYY?

CaityBear
April 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
YES! I'm not the only one who finds long hairs in their butt crack! lol It's annoying...

Worst is towels...I find hair balls woven into my towels after I've washed them...

piffyanne
November 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I've been finding hairs in my buttcrack and panties for a couple months now. I went looking for answers, and found this forum, and I don't think I've ever been as relieved in my whole life as I was when I realized I wasn't the only person this happens to. It's so strange!

Does anyone know WHY it happens? It seems so arbitrary!

Freckled.Thing
November 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I am the only girl at work. I shed all over the chairs and the guys pick the hairs up and carry them home:o One time, a guy from work told me his wife got in to his truck and found a looooong red hair in the truck and really gave him what for. He told her about me but she didn't buy it til we met. I've gotten more than one guy at work in trouble.

Haha. This is hilarious. I don't think I've heard that one before.

omnivore
November 30th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Why, oh why do I find them dangling out of my cats butt? And theyre pretty long hairs, and I vacuum once or twice a week... WHHHHYYYYYY?
Bunny butt! He had a string of pearls dangling out of his rear and rolling around on the floor behind him. It looked much like a 'Just Married' car with coke cans tied to the bumper. I really stepped up my hair tying up and vacuuming efforts after that!

Order of the Hair Thong Knights.
I seriously just :spitting: at this.

Amber_Maiden
November 30th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Like I've mentioned before- around my husband's... tallywacker.

KwaveT
November 30th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I find my hair in all sorts of crazy places around my work area at work. I am a cashier. One of the more unusual places my hair has migrated is right onto the inside of the plastic top of one of my pens. I am like how did you get all the way up there. I am finding even customer's hair at times too.

Seeshami
November 30th, 2011, 08:13 PM
One of my co-workers, who has hair envy and showers horrible hatred on the Naughty mess, routinly whines about finding my hair on his couch, in his laundry etc. The funny thing is I have never been to his home, so there's no way I put them there. I tell him to stop stealing them. :laugh: When he moves away I will laugh even harder when I get a text saying he took a hair with him.

jacqueline101
November 30th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I've had it in my bra and in my butt crack and on my stomach.

DarkSky
November 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM
In the baby diaper LOL! A friend of mine that had tailbone hair had the same experience.

AlabasterAlice
November 30th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Weirdest place I've ever had one show up? (Warning, some people may find this gross. I, however, just think it's a part of the male body. Highlight below to read my text.)

DBF once found my hair wrapped around (three times!) his man junk. I laughed so hard when he told me!

longhairedlady
November 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Too funny AlabasterAlice!!!

amantha
November 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM
My boyfriend finds them stuck in his beard all the time. It's like my hair is trying to leave him little reminders of me. :)

AlabasterAlice
November 30th, 2011, 11:17 PM
My boyfriend finds them stuck in his beard all the time. It's like my hair is trying to leave him little reminders of me. :)
My hair likes to give my loved ones blatant reminders that "HEY! I'm HERE!" even weeks after I'm gone. When it's not trying to crawl into their mouths and food, of course. :P

ericthegreat
December 1st, 2011, 12:17 AM
Weirdest place I've ever had one show up? (Warning, some people may find this gross. I, however, just think it's a part of the male body. Highlight below to read my text.)

DBF once found my hair wrapped around (three times!) his man junk. I laughed so hard when he told me!

Ohhh this sounds like a really FUN story. Warning parents, you may want to send your kids out of the room for this one. ;)

Freckled.Thing
December 1st, 2011, 12:40 AM
This isn't particularly weird but I think it's kind of a funny story.
I'm in an all female a cappella group in my schools and it happens to have a number of long hairs, specifically three who are a little past waist as well as about half a dozen (myself included) at or a bit beyond bsl.
So last week in rehearsal one of the girls in the group who has roughly apl blonde hair found a long dark hair on her back and had no idea where it came from. This of course led to a long debate over who the hair belonged to, with me being the prime suspect. It was quite amusing at the time. :D

PaganPriestess
December 1st, 2011, 12:52 AM
I find them in my son's diaper all the time LOL I know it's gross, but my family is always pulling 30" long brown hairs out of food. My hair gets everywhere. Between me & my two cats, my condo is one hairy place indeed.

amantha
December 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM
Between me & my two cats, my condo is one hairy place indeed.

I have this problem too! I have a long-haired black cat and a very small, carpeted apartment. No matter how much I vacuum, within hours I'll find hybrid tumbleweeds that are a mix of her fur and my hair. I also find these on my clothes after they've been through the washer/dryer. I give up! Haha

piffyanne
December 1st, 2011, 01:21 AM
I just glanced at my brand new bra as I was getting ready for bed, and discovered one of my hairs has worked its way down between the layer of mesh covering the cup and the foam (or whatever cups are made of. I'm not sure I want to know) part. Naturally, this happened on the OUTSIDE where I can see it in mirrors out of the corner of my eye when I'm changing. I'm scared of trying to pull it out for fear of putting a pull or run in the mesh of my (favorite/only fitting) new bra, so I'm stuck with it. DARNIT, hair!! Stop thwarting me! >shakes fist in impotent, yet comical, rage<

Had to come dashing down to tell/rant to you all about it. Sorry if you didn't want to know. :p

Dragon
December 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
I've had them wrapped around the bit you suck on to get water out of on a drink bottle.

duchesswannabe
December 1st, 2011, 03:58 AM
I found a female co-workers hair in my bathtub. It must have come off my clothing and fallen in there. At first I thought there had been another woman in the house when I was at work LOL. I knew it was my co-workers because it was the right color, of a softer quality and much longer than mine was then.

Years before that I was at work and realized I had one of my husband's chest hairs in my mouth. At least I think it was a chest hair.

duchesswannabe
December 1st, 2011, 03:59 AM
I might add that you ain't seen nothin' until you find that your dog not only eliminates, uh, what he/she is supposed to, but your hair as well.

ennuideluxe
December 1st, 2011, 07:27 AM
I have a sharpei cross dog and I often find my hair or my daughter's hair in one of his many skin folds. :(

Miss Catrina
December 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
My hair is too short to end up anywhere strange; but I'm in school to be a stylist, and one day after a cut I went to the bathroom and found hair clippings all over the toilet seat... Rather disturbing!

piffyanne
December 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Slightly off-topic, and you have my permission to remove it if you see fit, but I think it's funny enough to share: whenever I pass this thread in my subscribed folder, I hear the words "looking for hair in all the wrong places" to the tune "looking for love in all the wrong places" play in my head. It's the oddest thing.

milagro
December 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Between butt cheeks! YES! I am not alone!

It usually happens in the shower. I also check whenever I go to the restroom.

No you are not alone :) happens to me whenever I wash/rinse my hair.
Also huge hair balls in the drain, have to check it every time otherwise it gets clogged. Carpets and chairs, pullovers of course. Makes me wonder how I have any hair still left on my head.

AnimaSola3o4
December 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM

omggggahahahahaaa!!!

It sounds like your hair is trying to claim it !! Like this is mine!!

On a related note, one of my friends little kids had a hair inside his. He was in pain and couldn't pee so they took him in, and they found a hair. *shrug*

AnimaSola3o4
December 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Yep. I get the buttcrack hair too. Surprisingly enough it seems to happen LESS now that my hair is a bit longer. I also get the hairballs. You should have seen the monster hairball that fell off of my sweatshirt in the computer lab at school today. Yesterday was laundry and hair wash day! I picked it up and threw it away, only to find another one an hour later. They are everywhere, taking over my life. In my clothes, sewn into them, in my mom's clothes. The poor woman, she has super short strawberry blonde hair and she finds these 'super long' red hairs everywhere.

But the strangest place so far, has to be coming out of the dog. Yep, she ate it. And it was hanging out the other end. Unpleasant for all involved. And it didn't just happen once.

Tonight at school we had a potluck, and I brought my pumpkin pudding dish. I made super sure to have my hair fully contained while making it, and cover it up right away, etc. So there was no hair INSIDE the dish at the time I served it, but I then walked around with it open for a while and must have shed a hair into it, cuz a friend was eating it and found one. But then again, this is the same friend that found a black hair in the chicken tacos.... and no, she did not say anything. She just politely pulled it out and stopped eating it.

My concern is that when I live in an apartment or something, my hair is going to end up in strangers' clothing from the laundry, and there's no way of denying that the 3 feet long red curly hair is mine.... It's a serious concern, enough to make me think I'm always going to need my own washer and dryer!!

lolot
December 6th, 2011, 11:59 PM
the other day i was holding hands with a guy im dating and suddenly i felt it between the hands it was embarassing, i took it away but he gave me a look, also with the same guy we were kissing and he stopped kissing me because i had like two shed hairs on his mouth, he must think im going bald :(

and a couple of months ago i went to a job interview and there it was, a hair in the table... i looked at it and the boss too but i didnt know what to do if to pick it up or leave it there, it was awful and they didnt give the job at the end
and in my body also, im used to have always hairs in my cloths

piffyanne
February 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I went to visit my boyfriend over the weekend. Today, he gave me a call while doing the dishes, saying he'd found a hair in the dishwater. He started pulling. 10 inches. 20 inches. 30 inches and still going, and, lo and behold, he discovered the end was wrapped around his other, still submerged, wrist.

Due to the length, he (2-4 inch long hair strands max) suspects that the offending hair might JUST be mine.:cheese:

It was so hilarious I had to share.

white.chocolate
February 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Yes. I once found one gently laid on the door knob.

Ligeia_13
February 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
In my cat's poo. Yeahhh.. :undecided

sparish2
February 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I honestly thought I was the only person on earth who found a hair between the cheeks in the shower every day!

Other places my hair has appeared: Woven through DBF's beard/chest hair, around his manjunk, in my ladyjunk, wrapped around the playstation controller, inside my cellphone, in a relatives' sweater three states away.

It just loooves to perch lightly on top of my breasts when I wear a shirt that shows cleavage.

piffyanne
August 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I only let this thread die because my hair has recently been behaving itself. Nothing in the food (well, 1 or two since the last post, but who's counting without knowing where I live? :P), et cetera.

WELL. I got a phone call a week ago, not having actually seen him for two WEEKS, informing me that he was driving his car, felt a tug, and realized there was an Anne-hair wrapped around his arm. Twice.

I took the chance to warn him that he'd better behave, because that was a warning from my attack-hairs that they could get him any time they feel like it.

Furthermore, my hair has been checking out my feet, and I'm not yet sure whether it likes what it sees. You know the song “Close to You” where birds keep popping out of everywhere like something in an Alfred Hitchcock movie because they “long to be close to you”? Either my hair is experiencing attractions for my feet in a similar way that birds do, or it's trying to strangle my toes.

I have found on multiple occasions a hair wrapped lengthwise around my foot, spiraled around my bigtoe, in figure-eights around multiple toes, attaching a HAIRBALL to my foot, and also in my shoes.

In other news, the super-annoying head-hairs that inexplicably show up in the valley between what tue Long Haired Knights lovingly refer to as “mountains” are getting up to their old tricks on me, too.

Well, the multi-month break from the hair-havoc was nice while it lasted.:rolleyes:

SilverDoe
August 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Between my boobs. Always between my boobs. Or in my boyfriends beard. :D
Sometimes in my Vajayjay. Pulling long hair out of your ladybits is the worst feeling ever.

piffyanne
August 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Between my boobs. Always between my boobs. Or in my boyfriends beard. :D
Sometimes in my Vajayjay. Pulling long hair out of your ladybits is the worst feeling ever.
I agree heartily with that last sentiment, and must say I laughed my way onto the floor seeing “Pulling long hair out of your ladybits is the worst feeling ever” being said by Snape (My imagination's acting up again. It took one look at your profile picture and ran straight towards hilarity in this case. My apologies).

Rufflebutt
August 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I routinely find hairs from my head in my underpants. My boyfriend will find them in his shoes and virtually anywhere I've touched him or his belongings. Whenever I stay over at his place for a while, he'll complain about finding my shed hairs everywhere for at least a week. :P

SilverDoe
August 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I agree heartily with that last sentiment, and must say I laughed my way onto the floor seeing “Pulling long hair out of your ladybits is the worst feeling ever” being said by Snape (My imagination's acting up again. It took one look at your profile picture and ran straight towards hilarity in this case. My apologies).

Oh my. :laugh: I just heard it in Alan's voice.
Though that man can pull hair out of my ladybits anytime. :eyebrows:

gillybeanxo3921
August 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I one time got one wrapped up on the tube of tooth paste. Thankfully, I nabbed it before it touched any of the actual paste, and before anyone else saw it hahah.

moxamoll
August 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Before it got long enough to braid up at night, The Consort used to swear that my hair was sentient and trying to get into his 'orifices' (his word not mine!) I said it was just because my hair loved him as much as I did. ;)

I also seem to find mine wrapped around my house plants, which is just weird. It's not like they're moving around! But I can relate to most of the comments here.

elea
August 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
yup, everywhere!
oddest place is in... the fish tank O.o
it's tied, i am over carefull when i change the water, feed the fish&co, clean the filter etc... and i check when i am done but... i gets in there.
INSIDE my socks always puzzles me too.

i do other people's hair at my place too so... i no longer check who's strand is who *;Ox
one funny comment from my nan was "i haven't seen any of your hair around for a while, it's about time you come over" laugh

sharonluvscats
August 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I found a strand of my hair in my p.o. box once. I have to duck down to even reach it.

Loveisaverb
August 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I always find my hair either in my mouth if I don't pull my hair back when I eat or on soap which for the last one I have no idea how it gets there since I just wash my hands and use a liquid soap in the shower.

AutumnLocks
August 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Oh yes! I've found my long hair in some pretty odd places on my body and in the house as well. One of the strangest places is in my shoes wrapped around my toes....;o) And without getting too graphic I've even seen them when my dog, Chester, goes out and does his business...:0

ladyofrohan
August 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I think by this point I've found hair in so many places that none of them seem too odd anymore.

VioletCurlyhair
August 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Although I haven't found it in as many strange places as many you, I have found it stuck in the carpet in my room, so much so that if I neglect vacuuming, it almost looks like a chocolate chip cookie, or cookies n' cream ice cream! :o And somehow it gets in my underwear, even though it's almost always covered up, and it's not even long. :shrug: I also find it in my clothes when after I've washed them, and on my computer screen.

PixieKitten
August 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
My boyfriend's bedroom usually has a fine coating of my hairs, and whenever we have our 'happy hours', we'll spend the next half hour lazily plucking hair off of each other xD It's very much a part of our bonding these days... like grooming monkeys xD

WinterDream
August 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Before it got long enough to braid up at night, The Consort used to swear that my hair was sentient and trying to get into his 'orifices' (his word not mine!) I said it was just because my hair loved him as much as I did. ;)

Pulled one the other day out of hubby's butt-crack so yeah... now I now what to tell him :happydance:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Yep my husband finds them wrapped around all kind of intimate places, lol. The vacuum is always getting clogged with them. A couple of days ago I was brushing my teeth and found one in my mouth - ugh! DH says they are ganging up on him and making a secret plan to strangle him in bed when he's asleep.

Whenever he finds one he will carefully bring it over to me and deposit it on my desk for me to safely detonate...

Dang3rousB3auty
August 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
haha wow everyone finds their hair in such weird places. I am sure mine gets around a lot, but I find my cat's hair in weirder places then mine. My hair makes it a bitch to vacuum, seems to wrap around the brush inside and it starts giving off weird smells. Definitely had hair caught on my belly button ring in the shower, and I had to buy a special shower drain to catch my hair cause it kept getting clogged -_-

besides that I don't find my hair in many other places

sharonluvscats
August 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
haha wow everyone finds their hair in such weird places. I am sure mine gets around a lot, but I find my cat's hair in weirder places then mine. My hair makes it a bitch to vacuum, seems to wrap around the brush inside and it starts giving off weird smells. Definitely had hair caught on my belly button ring in the shower, and I had to buy a special shower drain to catch my hair cause it kept getting clogged -_-

besides that I don't find my hair in many other places

My shower clogged once years ago and the plumber was like, "look at this, it is all your hair." I was both disgusted and embarrassed. Now I run drano through every few months. I also found a ton of hair on my vacuum belt. I don't get how that ever happens.

jeanniet
August 9th, 2012, 04:33 PM
My son is away for the summer on an internship, but comes home on the weekends, with his dirty laundry, of course. He keeps complaining that my hair is ending up in his clean clothes. Well, son, Mom loves you and so does her hair, and why don't you do your own laundry? :D

Tisiloves
August 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I've found it wrapped aroud my special alone time toy before, which is really confusing as I clean thoroughly after every use and store it in a bag. I think my hair might have the power of teleportation, now to extend that power to the rest of me *BAMF*

happybear
August 9th, 2012, 05:44 PM
My hair is so fine and light weight that when i have a shower, it floats on the steam and gets stuck on the celing and walls.

VioletCurlyhair
August 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM
My hair is so fine and light weight that when i have a shower, it floats on the steam and gets stuck on the celing and walls.

It floats on the steam? :bigeyes: Whoa, if I saw my hair floating, I would freak out. That's kind of cool, though. :)

BlazingHeart
August 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I'll have to agree with what others have said, removing the hair thong is a really horrid feeling.

My service dog fairly regularly poops hair. I don't even know how he ingests it - he's my service dog, so he's in my sight all the time, and I've never seen him eat one. (BTW, folks, NEVER pull on a hair dangling out of your pet's, um, orifice. Cut it. If you pull it, you can cut up their insides.)

I have once noticed a hair extending out of my own poop, and wondered how the hell it got there. Ick.

I think the worst one was the time I was moving and saw a tumbleweed of my hair go skittering down the street...that was embarrassing.

I regularly find them woven into socks and sweatshirts. They get into all of my knitting (between the dog hair and my hair, I have to pick a LOT out of my knitting!)

I'm, um, rather well endowed, and I'll often get a horribly itchy sensation only to discover that there's a hair stuck to the underside of my breast.

I also occasionally give myself quite a nasty tug when changing clothes. If I'm nude and my hair is down, and I twist to one side and turn back, I'll sometimes get a whole chunk of my mane stuck under a breast, which ends up giving quite a yank on my head. Ouch!

My fiance has had one wrapped around his testicles. He occasionally ends up with wads of hair in his socks, and he'll sometimes have to pull his shoe and sock off in the middle of the day because one is wrapped around his toes. We often have to stop kissing because either one of his chest hairs or one of my head-hairs has managed to get into one of our mouths.

My mum had long hair when I was a little girl, and at one point my sister was screaming and screaming one night, went on for hours...not hungry, not cold, picking her up didn't quiet her, no diaper issues, etc. My mother was losing it, and figured the only thing she hadn't changed was what my sister was wearing. She yanked the sleep-suit off my sister to discover that my sister's toes and half her foot were purple from being wrapped with one of mum's hairs. Mum felt pretty awful.

domisimone
August 9th, 2012, 10:04 PM
When my math teacher was in high school, she had a teacher who was very superstitious about how things were arranged on her desk. One day, her reusable water bottle, the key to harmony in the workplace, went missing. The only evidence was a piece of long, blond hair.
The next day, said teacher stood before the class and announced that, until she had her bottle back, all the girls with blond hair would be failed out of her class.

On another note, I find hairs stuck to my iPad cover, in my books, on my shirts, and on my back when I get out the shower. Rarely, they wind up in my bras.

Asprettyasme
August 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

Asprettyasme
August 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

piffyanne
August 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Yep my husband finds them wrapped around all kind of intimate places, lol. The vacuum is always getting clogged with them. A couple of days ago I was brushing my teeth and found one in my mouth - ugh! DH says they are ganging up on him and making a secret plan to strangle him in bed when he's asleep.

Whenever he finds one he will carefully bring it over to me and deposit it on my desk for me to safely detonate...
That reminds me, I had one on my toothbrush and left it alone (I forgot that saying “what can ONE HAIR do?” is the equivalent of the Evil Overlord saying “what can ONE MAN do?” when his advisors ask if they should deal with the Hero while he is still weak enough to deal with.

A hair stuck between your teeth is apparently thick enough to bother you, but flimsy enough to snap when you attempt to remove it. I thought the agony would never end!

>snip< BTW, folks, NEVER pull on a hair dangling out of your pet's, um, orifice. Cut it. If you pull it, you can cut up their insides.)
Thank you for the warning! I'd actually been kinda looking forward to seeing one occur on my dog in a weird way (I figured it would be one of those satisfying things like popping a zit.) I'm glad the opportunity hasn't arisen, now. Just think. The pain of ONE hair getting tugged in a bun translated to the length of a digestive tract (small dog + long hair = hair wins) shudder:

>snip<I think the worst one was the time I was moving and saw a tumbleweed of my hair go skittering down the street...that was embarrassing.
I collect mine for hair rats, and they roam the house at will, because they look at me so piteously when I keep them in bun cages (har har). Mom freaks out when she comes across one slurking it's way about. ;)

>snip<I'm, um, rather well endowed, and I'll often get a horribly itchy sensation only to discover that there's a hair stuck to the underside of my breast.

I also occasionally give myself quite a nasty tug when changing clothes. If I'm nude and my hair is down, and I twist to one side and turn back, I'll sometimes get a whole chunk of my mane stuck under a breast, which ends up giving quite a yank on my head. Ouch!

>snip<We often have to stop kissing because either one of his chest hairs or one of my head-hairs has managed to get into one of our mouths.
Check, check, check. Usually, however, it is his moustache hairs (rather than chest hairs: you can tell them apart by color, curl and weight) who get lonely and decide to muscle in on the kisses, too. >Smooch smooch smooch, pause to extract moustache hair from tongue, smooch smooch Anne-hair appearance, smooch.< Repeat ad nausea :p

My mum had long hair when I was a little girl, and at one point my sister was screaming and screaming one night, went on for hours...not hungry, not cold, picking her up didn't quiet her, no diaper issues, etc. My mother was losing it, and figured the only thing she hadn't changed was what my sister was wearing. She yanked the sleep-suit off my sister to discover that my sister's toes and half her foot were purple from being wrapped with one of mum's hairs. Mum felt pretty awful.
I read an article about how newborns are particularly at risk for this, and crawlers, too. Apparently hair-tangled toesies are a high risk of needing to be amputated. I hope that was not necessary in your sister's case.

dandylioness
August 10th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Here's a retro story: When I was 14 I had a phonograph player in my room. I guess the 2 things I did a lot were play music and brush my waist length hair. When the player stopped working we brought it to a repair shop and when the man openned it...the spindle had so much red hair wound round and round it. I was so embarrassed--I said we had an Irish setter.

ravenreed
August 10th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I swear by Zip-Its. I find them at Walmart, Home Depot... They are better for the pipes than Draino, I think.

My shower clogged once years ago and the plumber was like, "look at this, it is all your hair." I was both disgusted and embarrassed. Now I run drano through every few months. I also found a ton of hair on my vacuum belt. I don't get how that ever happens.

GRU
August 10th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I swear by Zip-Its. I find them at Walmart, Home Depot... They are better for the pipes than Draino, I think.

I'll vouch for Zip-Its. And those little plastic mesh covers work like a charm for me -- I don't think I've had to clear the drain with a Zip-It since I started using the Hair Stopper!

KittyBird
August 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I always find long hairs in my buttcrack, girly bits, armpits, socks, toothbrush, etc. It freaked me out a bit in the beginning, but now I'm pretty used to it. Pulling long hairs out of my buttcrack and girly bits still feels a bit nasty though, and I do wonder how it all ends up down there :p

I used to share a flat with my best friend, who has MBL blonde hair, and we kept finding each others hair stuck in clothes and various body parts. Even after we stopped living together, I still found long, blonde strands in my buttcrack (and other places too) for months. My friend and I found it absolutely hilarious, and I assume it'll start happening again soon, as my friend and I will start sharing a flat again in a few months :D

piffyanne
August 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I always find long hairs in my buttcrack, girly bits, armpits, socks, toothbrush, etc. It freaked me out a bit in the beginning, but now I'm pretty used to it. Pulling long hairs out of my buttcrack and girly bits still feels a bit nasty though, and I do wonder how it all ends up down there :p

I used to share a flat with my best friend, who has MBL blonde hair, and we kept finding each others hair stuck in clothes and various body parts. Even after we stopped living together, I still found long, blonde strands in my buttcrack (and other places too) for months. My friend and I found it absolutely hilarious, and I assume it'll start happening again soon, as my friend and I will start sharing a flat again in a few months :D
Make sure to keep notes as to whether the hairs show up before or AFTER you start living together again.

I suspect they will come early to scout out the place. Something about LHC-long hair gives the impression they're sentient and have a darned good reason for everything they do.:couch:

blondie9912
August 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I found multiple hairs in not a weird place, but I was shocked nonetheless! Last Sunday, I was washing my hair by flipping my head upside down in the bathtub and pouring water from a bucket over it. After I was done shampooing and conditioning, I figured (on a whim) that I would unscrew the plug in my bathtub (we don't have the kind that you simply pull in and out, ours screws in, and you push it to close it so water can't pass through, then push it once more to open it and allow the water to drain. In order to completely take it out, you have to turn it counterclockwise and unscrew it). So I unscrew it, thinking I'll be virtuous and pull out the few hairs that usually get wrapped around the plug.

Before I continue, you have to know that I don't flush any hair down my bathtub/shower. When I'm washing my hair, I don't notice much hair at all coming out (maybe a couple of strands) and when I condition, I comb through my hair and shed hairs become trapped in the comb, and I promptly toss it in the trash.

So you can imagine my shock when I pull on a few hairs from the drain...that kept going...got heavy...felt some resistance...kept pulling... and BAM, this GIANT hair animal came out! It was disgusting!!! I wish I got a photo, but it was a foot long (no exaggeration), tightly packed, and about the same thickness as my drain pipe (radius of about 1.5 inches). I was aghast! I don't remember the last time I cleaned out my drain, but it was about a year ago. How gross is that?! The only people that use that bathroom are my sister and I, and she has virgin APL hair that she treats conventionally (using random S&C that are in the bathroom), but we both take care not to wash our hair down the drain. This giant monster of hair was so tightly packed together, I wound it up and it was the size of my bun on my head! Ewie!

I just had to share that on LHC :D

piffyanne
August 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I found multiple hairs in not a weird place, but I was shocked nonetheless! Last Sunday, I was washing my hair by flipping my head upside down in the bathtub and pouring water from a bucket over it. After I was done shampooing and conditioning, I figured (on a whim) that I would unscrew the plug in my bathtub (we don't have the kind that you simply pull in and out, ours screws in, and you push it to close it so water can't pass through, then push it once more to open it and allow the water to drain. In order to completely take it out, you have to turn it counterclockwise and unscrew it). So I unscrew it, thinking I'll be virtuous and pull out the few hairs that usually get wrapped around the plug.

Before I continue, you have to know that I don't flush any hair down my bathtub/shower. When I'm washing my hair, I don't notice much hair at all coming out (maybe a couple of strands) and when I condition, I comb through my hair and shed hairs become trapped in the comb, and I promptly toss it in the trash.

So you can imagine my shock when I pull on a few hairs from the drain...that kept going...got heavy...felt some resistance...kept pulling... and BAM, this GIANT hair animal came out! It was disgusting!!! I wish I got a photo, but it was a foot long (no exaggeration), tightly packed, and about the same thickness as my drain pipe (radius of about 1.5 inches). I was aghast! I don't remember the last time I cleaned out my drain, but it was about a year ago. How gross is that?! The only people that use that bathroom are my sister and I, and she has virgin APL hair that she treats conventionally (using random S&C that are in the bathroom), but we both take care not to wash our hair down the drain. This giant monster of hair was so tightly packed together, I wound it up and it was the size of my bun on my head! Ewie!

Aww! A sweet little hair animal! Have you named it yet? :D

It's a shame it was so shy that it tried hiding in your drain. Now that it sees you won't hurt it, it might be more willing to live comfortably with you. :flower:

Careful, the hair critters I've got running around keep trying to sleep on my pillow with me. I found one this morning. I still don't know how it got there. :crush: They're so friendly and cuddly!

KwaveT
August 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
My medicine seems to make me shed like crazy. I am constantly finds that my hair like to curl towards my mouth and stuff theirselves into it. That is what finally made me wear a headband. After I shower and start putting on my lotion, I find one hair after another on my legs while applying my lotion. They seem to be a magnet for my hair. My hair is still dripping wet at this point.

Pearly~91
August 10th, 2012, 07:52 PM
oh, ugh, the moment I saw this thread, I remembered a moment in highschool (TMI ALERT) :tmi: when my hair was beyond waist length (and a few moments since, though they were not as dramatic) when I had to pick up dog poo ( I am older sister to 2 VERY LARGE lab mixes) and I picked up a peice (of poo) and there was a hair that lifted the next piece, and the next... shudder: it was pretty bad.

But other than that, I find hair EVERYWHERE. If I wear it down, I just shed through out the day and it falls all over the place. A favorite place for it to cling is my arm, there is this one place on my upper arm that it just hangs and itches, I will routinely find hairs there even at work where I have to wear it up, and you know they've been hanging there since bofore I put it up in the morning. :doh:

piffyanne
August 11th, 2012, 12:09 AM
I believe I have mentioned my Attack-Hairs are running surveillance on my DBF with the possible intent to kill? This morning, DBF WOKE UP WITH AN ANNE-HAIR WRAPPED AROUND HIS THROAT. They clearly have commenced phase two of their plan.

>rubs hands gleefully<

lmfbs
August 11th, 2012, 04:31 AM

I clean my shower drain weekly now, but I used to do it every few months. The last time I did it, I pulled a hair animal that was over a metre long out of the drain. Not as thick as yours (impressive!), but disgusting all the same!

Viola88
August 11th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Okay, I sing to myself, out loud.

When I find a hair in a weird place, I sing to the tune of "I've got friends in low places", I've got hair in weird places or I've got hair in bad places. :o:p:D

ravenreed
August 11th, 2012, 10:06 AM
THAT explains why my sons' bedroom is carpeted in my hairs, even though I hardly ever go in there. It's like there is a Raven-hair migration in progress or something.

Youngest son was complaining that he found my hairs in his sock, wound around his toes. He was not impressed, and has let me know that he is never dating a long hair. :laugh:

Make sure to keep notes as to whether the hairs show up before or AFTER you start living together again.

I suspect they will come early to scout out the place. Something about LHC-long hair gives the impression they're sentient and have a darned good reason for everything they do.:couch:

cocoahair
August 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Definitely inside my books. I find them there like little bookmarks.lol

BlazingHeart
August 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I read an article about how newborns are particularly at risk for this, and crawlers, too. Apparently hair-tangled toesies are a high risk of needing to be amputated. I hope that was not necessary in your sister's case.

Fortunately, there was no permanent damage to my sister from that, and my parents very carefully looked inside the legs and footies of all of her clothing before putting her into anything after that night.

Wild Strawberry
August 11th, 2012, 01:41 PM
(BTW, folks, NEVER pull on a hair dangling out of your pet's, um, orifice. Cut it. If you pull it, you can cut up their insides.)

Thank you for this info, it happens alot :rolleyes:

angelgypsy
August 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I LOVE this thread! I've been giggling through the whole thing! LOL

I have found hair in ALL the places listed above. For those wondering how it gets into some of the odd places on the body, my guess is that you shed hairs in your bed and pillow and in your sleep they migrate into any crevices or hidey holes they can find. I know that happens to me A LOT. Hubby has found them in odd places too, and I know that's how.

Aside from the places listed by all of you above me, I've found them EVERYWHERE in the house, car, at other's homes, you name it. Fridge, Freezer, kitchen sink, you name it. I try to keep it contained but it's so rebellious!

Sometimes I catch it tickling the back of my leg or arm and there it is, another shed hair!

piffyanne
August 13th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Okay, I sing to myself, out loud.

When I find a hair in a weird place, I sing to the tune of "I've got friends in low places", I've got hair in weird places or I've got hair in bad places. :o:p:D
Hee hee, I always hear the title in my head to the tune of "Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places" (or whatever the title to that song is! ;)), except it changes slightly to "Looking for Hairs in all the Weird Places."

It works out pretty well.

THAT explains why my sons' bedroom is carpeted in my hairs, even though I hardly ever go in there. It's like there is a Raven-hair migration in progress or something.

Youngest son was complaining that he found my hairs in his sock, wound around his toes. He was not impressed, and has let me know that he is never dating a long hair. :laugh:

I'm sorry to say this, but your son might need to reconsider his value system if hair-free toes are a deal-breaker. This is even more worrisome for me because ALL humans have some form of hair on their feet, and if he doesn't have any there before he starts dating, or I'll be forced to come over there and put my fuzzy foot down with a firm hand on his relationship! ;)
Hairy toes come with the dating territory, and what's a little MORE hair there, among friends? Especially since you're family!! :p

He may benefit from watching The Lord of the Rings if he still has a problem seeing my point of view. The (Plotspoiler!) HEROES have hairy feet!

Back to the (HILARIOUS!) thread.:cheese:

Found another of my own hairs wrapped around my foot, and one in a mug of tea. I'm quite impressed with the subtle infiltration skills required for that last one, as I prepared it myself, and it never left my side the whole night!! (Dun dun dunnnnnn!)

piffyanne
December 21st, 2012, 02:53 AM
DBF has been being stalked by Anne-hairs again. About a week ago, he found one wrapped around his wrist after getting out of the shower. This was a week after last seeing me.

A couple days after that we were cuddling together and had a Lady-and-the-Tramp pasta-style hair between us (haha!) After we extracted it, we discovered another LOOONG hair sandwiched between us. (My hair was bunned, so it was more remarkable)

Today, DBF (who hasn't seen me since then ^) found one wrapped around his wrist after driving. He specified it was "a short one, it was only a foot long". He said it was slightly curly, too. I love how detailed he gets sometimes. :crush:

Thought of you guys. :)

Ligeia_13
December 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
My service dog fairly regularly poops hair. I don't even know how he ingests it - he's my service dog, so he's in my sight all the time, and I've never seen him eat one. (BTW, folks, NEVER pull on a hair dangling out of your pet's, um, orifice. Cut it. If you pull it, you can cut up their insides.)

My cat's always pooping out my hairs. Sadly, when it happens, the hair always gets stuck half way in half way out, with a little dollop of poop dangling. And then my cat runs around until I remove the poop. :p

piffyanne
December 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
My cat's always pooping out my hairs. Sadly, when it happens, the hair always gets stuck half way in half way out, with a little dollop of poop dangling. And then my cat runs around until I remove the poop. :p

Haha! [what do you mean this isn't a quality post?]

sparrowswing
December 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM
My biggest problem is the hairballs. When I was living alone, it was mostly individuals strands of hair until I gathered them up myself and rolled them into balls (or swept them up into snake shapes), and then they'd teleport out of the trash and appear randomly, sometimes days or weeks later. Now I'm living with DBF, whose hair is those tight little springy spirals about 1/8" in diameter and probably about a foot long when stretched (but only about 3" tall unstretched). Together, our shed hair forms the hairballs of all hairballs, demanding that we vacuum at least twice a week and always use a drain-catcher (the best invention ever).

It's always funny when I find one of my hairs in his beard, because it takes forever to fish it out of there. It's like his beard is holding onto my hair for dear life or something.

piffyanne
December 21st, 2012, 11:03 PM
My biggest problem is the hairballs. When I was living alone, it was mostly individuals strands of hair until I gathered them up myself and rolled them into balls (or swept them up into snake shapes), and then they'd teleport out of the trash and appear randomly, sometimes days or weeks later. Now I'm living with DBF, whose hair is those tight little springy spirals about 1/8" in diameter and probably about a foot long when stretched (but only about 3" tall unstretched). Together, our shed hair forms the hairballs of all hairballs, demanding that we vacuum at least twice a week and always use a drain-catcher (the best invention ever).

It's always funny when I find one of my hairs in his beard, because it takes forever to fish it out of there. It's like his beard is holding onto my hair for dear life or something.

:rollin:

My little brother doesn't understand about drain catchers. He removes them whenever he gets into the shower, he doesn't realize that Anne-hairs have a perverse ability to abscond with themselves until there is a chance for them to make mischief and THEN they appear. Plus, he isn't BALD, so he contributes to the problem himself.

I'm going to start making HIM do the drain-zipping. He wants to shower on a "dry" shower floor (as if they exist hurr hurr) he can deal with the consequences himself. :shrug:

AnqeIicDemise
December 22nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
I was making another hat today and I kep weaving my hair into my stitches. So I pinned my hair up and kept going. What do i find not too much longer after that? bright red shades of shed hair sticking out of the stitches. XD

Dragon
December 22nd, 2012, 03:01 AM
Last time I cleaned my ceiling fans I found a strand on one of them. I’ve also given clothes away which people have found hair in.

agoddess2die4
December 22nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
My coworkers keep finding my hair in their cubicles. And I rarely go into their cubicles. One would always go off on a fake rant about my shedding hairs everywhere. lol

My boyfriend also keeps finding them wrapped around his nether region. Though neither of us know how- he's always wearing wearing boxers (at the very least), so somehow they get inside his clothes. Even fresh out of the shower, in clean clothes, and hasn't seen me since he dressed...he still ends up with my hair there. hahaha.

Juli414
December 23rd, 2012, 02:46 AM
My laptop was having issues. I took it apart, and there were hairs all through, including wrapped around the fan. The IT guys at work found some of my hairs in the computer on the desk I used to have.

Addy
December 23rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
I find my hair in my pockets, strays in my bra which feels like a bug and freaks me out! In my panties and lady bits! All over the bathroom and house for that matter... And even in hubby's beard. lol

piffyanne
March 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I've got a new DBF now (amicable breakup, the last one is still my best friend), but within a week of starting dating me he woke up with an Anne-hair wrapped once around his neck and then around his face. The invasion has begun!

He also tends to find them coiled Cleopatra-style around his arms, and one around his ankle.

:pins:

Suze2012
March 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Been seeing a new guy and he's a truck driver...he finds them in his truck...everywhere....and I don't go in his truck....

At home...they are everywhere......................
most annoyingly when you put clean socks on and a strand ends up between your toes......

Fethenwen
March 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
My coworkers keep finding my hair in their cubicles. And I rarely go into their cubicles. One would always go off on a fake rant about my shedding hairs everywhere. lol

My boyfriend also keeps finding them wrapped around his nether region. Though neither of us know how- he's always wearing wearing boxers (at the very least), so somehow they get inside his clothes. Even fresh out of the shower, in clean clothes, and hasn't seen me since he dressed...he still ends up with my hair there. hahaha.

This really cracked me up, hahaha :D I just mentioned this to my husband and he says that he sometimes finds my hairs in his boxers the same way too. lol

melusine963
March 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
most annoyingly when you put clean socks on and a strand ends up between your toes......

I know the feeling. :D

Neneka
March 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I found one wrapped around my navel piercing some days ago. :D

Hairkay
June 15th, 2018, 02:29 PM
So I was just going through the forums and I noticed a curl forming an O on my screen. It's about the size of around my finger tips. It's one of the short wispies that comes from the front of my hairline. I'm not sure how it got there.:shrug:

lithostoic
June 15th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I know the feeling. :D

Yesss! Before I fold my socks I check the inside for hairs.

Sometimes when I pull down my pants to use the toilet I find a hair in my underwear XD Leaves me thinking how long it was in there

ravenskey
June 15th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Inside my dog's poo - not nice :(

Also in my Mum's underwear - I really don't know how!

Jo Ann
June 15th, 2018, 02:50 PM
I think the WORST has to be a hair caught between you and your bra, but not knowing it until you're at work.

Oh, what must the viewers of the CCRT must think when I'm reaching under my shirt, as discreetly as possible between customers, to locate the bugger which keep giving me that creepy-crawly sensation... :shocked: :suspect:

MusicalSpoons
June 16th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Pre-LHC I used to find hairs absolutely everywhere, because I wore it in a ponytail more often, and I brushed my hair more often and in different places. Now I usually only comb it in my bedroom and wear it up 95% of the time at home. However I do still find it in all items of clothing - mine and the rest of the family's clothes - mainly woven through socks and in underwear; stuck in zips of bags, and wound around almost any item in my bedroom. I've seen my hairs in kitten poop when I've been house-sitting; our own cat goes to the toilet outside so I don't know if he's ever had that problem. I have found hairs inside my viola in the past, which was a total nightmare to remove; and perhaps the most interesting (to me) was when I found a hair woven through a piece of lace I was making - it was woven through the parts I'd previously done, as well as that day's work, even though I'm certain it wasn't there before! Oh, and accumulated inside my electric heater, which is impossible to remove, eek!

CindyOfTheOaks
June 17th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I think the WORST has to be a hair caught between you and your bra, but not knowing it until you're at work.

Oh, what must the viewers of the CCRT must think when I'm reaching under my shirt, as discreetly as possible between customers, to locate the bugger which keep giving me that creepy-crawly sensation... :shocked: :suspect:

Ohhhh !
The hair down the front !
Guaranteed to turn me into a raving mad woman until I can find it and remove it !

leayellena
June 18th, 2018, 05:41 AM
opened my notes block to check out something and write something... a strand of hair was laying there looking like a bookmark :D

mane_event
June 27th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Inside my dog's poo - not nice :(

Same--the weirdest place I find my hair is probably in my cats' litter box! :0

joiekimochi
June 28th, 2018, 01:41 AM
I find my hair in my dog's poop too!

Also, not my own hair, but this morning my right eye was hurting so bad, and I found the culprit - a long gossamer strand of my dog's fur was stuck across my eyeball.

Turtle05
June 28th, 2018, 04:56 AM
In my food that I've prepared. More often than I care to admit :)

Garnetgem
July 25th, 2019, 08:58 AM
I found one in each of my socks yesterday they had somehow weaved around my toes many times...

Groovy Granny
July 25th, 2019, 10:53 AM
I find my hair in my dog's poop too!.

Oh yes...it happens often....her 'string of pearls' as we call them :lol:

I do try to clean up strays in areas where I work on my hair, but at least once a week she finds one with her toy or bone and away it goes on a lovely journey :p

bparnell75
July 25th, 2019, 11:08 AM

I am almost classic and this is a real problem. I hate the flossing feeling pulling out a loose hair.

AutobotsAttack
July 25th, 2019, 02:21 PM
I keep finding my husband’s hair in the ceiling fan when I clean it. They just float all the way up there and get caught on the ceiling fan blades

Garnetgem
August 23rd, 2019, 08:19 AM
I found one in the freezer entwined around a frozen packaged loaf of bread...when i pulled it out it seemed to go on forever,this must be the oddest so far!

iforgotmylogin
August 23rd, 2019, 08:30 AM
In my underwear and socks

Xlena
August 23rd, 2019, 08:47 AM
Today I found a hair on the butter

FennFire911
August 23rd, 2019, 09:07 AM
Last week our dishwasher started acting up. It wasn't getting dishes all the way clean, and it wasn't draining quickly. It took several hours for the water of a wash to drain out.
DH went to take it apart. Holding together the bits of food that hadn't been sufficiently rinsed off prior to dishes being loaded, was a mass of my hair.
In. The. Dishwasher. Drain.

I can't even do housework with my hair down. If I lean down to reach something, my hair dangles down as far as my hands and will dip into what I'm reaching at. Bending over to load dishes into the lower rack of the dishwasher with my hair down would dip my hair into the open door of the dishwasher. The only time I have my hair down is if I'm sitting around on the couch or something. I can't even begin to imagine how that much of my hair ended up in the dishwasher. We've lived here for 2 1/2 years now though, I guess it's just one off those things that took time to happen.

DH isn't even surprised anymore when he finds my hair is the culprit somewhere. He has found my hair in his fire gear at the fire station that he never brings home. It seems my hair decorates his locker at work like Christmas tinsel.

ursaV
August 23rd, 2019, 12:15 PM
it drives me absolutely bananas when a shed hair gets caught on my armpit and tickles my upper arm. I look like a loon swiping at my arm trying to find the nuisance.

My roommate the other day announced from across the apartment that she found one of my hairs in her underwear :whistle:

lithostoic
August 23rd, 2019, 04:53 PM
This thread always cracks me up!

cactuses
August 30th, 2019, 12:49 PM
When my cat accidentally ingests them, they eventually will be found.

leayellena
August 31st, 2019, 11:55 AM
Yesterday I found an almost one meter strand of hair on the bathroom wall. How tf did that strand got up there? shudder: oh! I forgot... It happened when I conditioned my hair 2 days ago. Huh. And wow! My hair is long! :poot:

bparnell75
August 31st, 2019, 12:14 PM
So tied of hair in my butt crack=( I leave DNA trail every where I go.

CindyOfTheOaks
August 31st, 2019, 12:21 PM
So tied of hair in my butt crack=( I leave DNA trail every where I go.

I had one tickling my back the other day.
I finally managed to grab it from my bra back and pulled.
Ohmyword !
That hair came from down under and clear around from the front !!

MusicalSpoons
August 31st, 2019, 12:25 PM
I had one tickling my back the other day.
I finally managed to grab it from my bra back and pulled.
Ohmyword !
That hair came from down under and clear around from the front !!

Oh my life, that is The weirdest sensation - I hate it!

iamjessica26
August 31st, 2019, 01:44 PM
Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one! Even in my 1 year old's diaper which freaks the hell out of me because I've seen kids had circulation cut off of toes from having a hair wrapped around it in there sock so I'm terrified that's going to happen to him someday :( I can't even grow my nails out long because then hair gets stuck around my nails

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2019, 01:59 PM
I found some dangling out of the washing machine this morning. :(

lapushka
August 31st, 2019, 05:32 PM
I found some dangling out of the washing machine this morning. :(

My mom always rollers (sticky roller for the hair) the clothes before going into the laundry - with good reason! LOL!

iamjessica26
September 1st, 2019, 07:07 AM
My mom always rollers (sticky roller for the hair) the clothes before going into the laundry - with good reason! LOL!

What a great idea! We just got a new washer and dryer so I think I'll be doing that for now on!

Jo Ann
November 11th, 2019, 02:00 AM
Has anyone found one of their own hairs stuck in their TOOTHBRUSH yet? I did, this morning... :shocked: I thought one of the bristles felt a wee bit off, and BOOM! there it was...one of mine...I could tell by the length... https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/suspect.gif

Faraniel
November 11th, 2019, 02:40 AM
Do other people's hair count? When I was a highschooler there was this girl who had loooong violet hair. We never spoke, we didn't even attend the same classes. Yet, I found one violet hair on me once :D

Ylva
November 11th, 2019, 03:03 AM
I found a hair in the butter the other day. I had my hair up while making pancakes and using it, but apparently TE works in mysterious ways.

Also, I have two hairs growing in the middle of my forehead. They were APL~BSL when I first discovered them and I have no idea how they got that long without me noticing them. These days, I pluck them out when they're a few cm long. Luckily, they're super blonde so they don't show very clearly unless one knows to look for them and look against the right background.

p3anutbuttercup
December 20th, 2019, 08:11 PM
I have found my hair in odd places all the time. My hair can be found at my work in my clients binders, bins, and backpack. My boyfriend has found them in his suit case. I’ve found them in my dresser draws. I have also found them inside my shoes. Lol. :rolleyes:

0xalis
December 20th, 2019, 08:18 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've had to pull a hair out of my mouth after a bite of food... oy vey...

Simsy
December 21st, 2019, 02:37 AM
I have a sizeable collection of hairs trapped in work socks, in the freezer and right through DH’s underwear drawer.

bparnell75
December 21st, 2019, 11:07 AM
Yes in the frig freezer, me too. I leave a trail of DNA everywhere I go.

Groovy Granny
December 21st, 2019, 12:25 PM
With the cold dry air = static I am finding my hair in my DH & Ds's skivvies when folding laundry :whistle:

Hopefully *I* find them all....before they do... at my length it could cause some trouble :rollin:

paulownia
December 22nd, 2019, 12:43 AM
Mostly food and around the kitchen. Hair in the refrigerator ( because I keep my hair oil there) yesterday I found one in my slice of pizza that I made ( and I put my hair up when I start with the dough) and of course they end up in the stuff that I'm knitting;)

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2019, 09:16 AM
Is there any place that I haven't found them? :couch:

GRU
December 22nd, 2019, 11:28 PM
Yes in the frig freezer, me too. I leave a trail of DNA everywhere I go.

Basically, we LongHairs would make horrible career criminals! :laugh:

The folks from CSI would be all over us! :eye:

TatsuOni
December 23rd, 2019, 09:05 AM
Basically, we LongHairs would make horrible career criminals! :laugh:

The folks from CSI would be all over us! :eye:

Just imagine being questioned. "No, no! That's not my super long hair in my hair color! Must be someone elses!" :laugh:

Volchitsa
December 23rd, 2019, 12:16 PM
I find it everywhere. In fact I'd find it odd if I don't find a piece of my hair somewhere. Family & friends complain about finding it but I like to tell them it's my gift to them & they should feel special. Besides it's not like they aren't shedding, it's just their hair is not as long so it's easier to miss.

GRU
December 23rd, 2019, 03:40 PM
Just imagine being questioned. "No, no! That's not my super long hair in my hair color! Must be someone elses!" :laugh:

Exactly. "I have no idea where that came from..." :whistle:

giraff
December 23rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
I found one of mine on the back of my boyfriend’s head today. Looked kind of odd with just one long hair hanging down over his shoulder next to his short ones..

Groovy Granny
February 8th, 2020, 11:53 AM
Today beat all for me ;)

My DH told me how after putting his hearing aids in, one felt 'funny' :confused: and it bothered him enough that he took it out to examine it. :eye:

The problem was a SILVER HAIR @28 INCHES LONG :whistle:

HOW it got there is a mystery, though I have the feeling he picked it up when he took them out to plow, and placed them on the table next to my hat/ficcare/hair tie :hmm:

OOPS :p

Hey......at least when I fold the wash, I spare him the experience of floss floating around in his skivvies that could produce other 'funny feelings' :rollin:

Garnetgem
February 8th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Entwined in between the bristles of my tooth brush..i struggled to brush teeth then examined my brush to see why the bristles felt odd,the strand had wrapped well and so tight it was a very long one too!

enting
February 16th, 2020, 08:14 AM
I have a few clean cloth diapers I use for food prep only, like straining broth and making cream cheese. I keep them in ziploc bags after every use and wash so they stay clean. DH found a hair of mine caught in the closure of the ziploc bag and said I needed to let the LHC know :D .

knobbly
February 17th, 2020, 09:28 PM
My least favorite is when I am taking the dog out and she walks away while still in the pelvis-tucked pooping position... that means she has one of my hairs coming out of her behind. Then I have to pull it out which is distressing to both of us. 😬🤣

VioletIntention
February 17th, 2020, 10:20 PM
I went to visit my friend down in Florida for about a week, and even though I kept my hair up, braided and out of the way, 8 months later, she STILL finding my hairs all around her house.
"Girl, I don't know how, but your hair ended up in my knitting yarn."
"Didn't you buy that AFTER I came over"
"Yeah. why did you do this to me?"
lol well, that's how it is, I guess.
And that's not counting the one time as a child... I don't know if it was my hair or not, but somehow a strand had ended up in my nose, of all places. that was fun to pull out. a tickle from the void. eeesh.

Ditzy Rose
February 17th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Ironically, my hair winds up in my mouth less now that it's long. Maybe it's because my hair is usually up in a bun or there's simply too much hair in a single strand to sneak its way into my food without me noticing.

VioletIntention
February 18th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Also: the hands of random strangers.
Seriously. Don't touch me if I don't know you. o.O

leayellena
February 19th, 2020, 01:36 AM
today I found an almost a meter f/m hair strand on my keys. :bigeyes::poot:

Garnetgem
March 2nd, 2021, 11:08 AM
The moment the eletrician opens up your shower unit and there it is in all its glory,tufts of your hair,i am like how? i mean its sealed shut and water tight,this is oddest by far but hey it explains why my shower decided to pack up this week!

MadelineMomo
March 2nd, 2021, 11:39 AM
My least favorite is when I am taking the dog out and she walks away while still in the pelvis-tucked pooping position... that means she has one of my hairs coming out of her behind. Then I have to pull it out which is distressing to both of us.

That happened to my cat once. After that I started cleaning the hair catch in the shower more, because I'd seen him eat that before.

KokoroDragon
March 2nd, 2021, 11:52 AM
My least favorite is when I am taking the dog out and she walks away while still in the pelvis-tucked pooping position... that means she has one of my hairs coming out of her behind. Then I have to pull it out which is distressing to both of us. ����

This used to happen to my dog all the time! For some reason it hasn't happened in a while, probably because I wear my hair up now that it's longer.

Shorty89
March 2nd, 2021, 02:58 PM
That happened to my cat once. After that I started cleaning the hair catch in the shower more, because I'd seen him eat that before.

My cat has this happen sometimes. She doesn't eta my hair but sometimes accidentally eats a shed hair while eating. She also likes to sit on shed hair when I'm brushing my hair. So I'm not surprised that she sometime swallows it.

lapushka
March 2nd, 2021, 03:17 PM
The moment the eletrician opens up your shower unit and there it is in all its glory,tufts of your hair,i am like how? i mean its sealed shut and water tight,this is oddest by far but hey it explains why my shower decided to pack up this week!

An electrician in your shower unit? :hmm: Maybe I'm not understanding that right?

The-Young-Maid
March 2nd, 2021, 03:23 PM
When I have to pull a fist full of my hair out of the dog's mouth because he was napping in my room. Thats when I know it's time to clean.

JasminxCat
March 2nd, 2021, 03:31 PM
I find my hair in my son's diaper sometimes. I wonder how it gets in there. It wasn't in there when I first changed him :lol:

ArtOfNoot
March 2nd, 2021, 04:31 PM
My friends will complain that THEY find my hair in weird places after I've visited. :oops:
I always feel bad because most people find loose hair to be gross.

lapushka
March 2nd, 2021, 04:36 PM
My friends will complain that THEY find my hair in weird places after I've visited. :oops:
I always feel bad because most people find loose hair to be gross.

I even find my own loose hair gross. So much so that I only comb/brush/finger detangle over my bathroom sink, and keep it mostly up. At night I wear my hair down for sleep, and I regularly go through my bed to find shed hair. :lol: I just can't, you know. Ugh.

Especially when I have to wash it, the hair that's wet that we get out of the drain thingy (bwaaark). Loose hair? Not my cup of tea, but wet loose hair? Yiiiiikes!

knobbly
March 2nd, 2021, 04:45 PM
I even find my own loose hair gross. So much so that I only comb/brush/finger detangle over my bathroom sink, and keep it mostly up. At night I wear my hair down for sleep, and I regularly go through my bed to find shed hair. :lol: I just can't, you know. Ugh.

Especially when I have to wash it, the hair that's wet that we get out of the drain thingy (bwaaark). Loose hair? Not my cup of tea, but wet loose hair? Yiiiiikes!

I feel the same as you lapushka​. Hair spiders that get stuck to your socks, hair I have to cut out of my vacuum: ew. Wet chunks of hair in any form? NEWP. :shudder:

Jane99
March 2nd, 2021, 07:18 PM
My least favorite is when I am taking the dog out and she walks away while still in the pelvis-tucked pooping position... that means she has one of my hairs coming out of her behind. Then I have to pull it out which is distressing to both of us. 😬🤣

I have definitely had to pull my hairs out of my cat’s butt before, too. Not my favorite place to find a hair either.

lapis_lazuli
March 2nd, 2021, 07:26 PM
I feel the same as you lapushka​. Hair spiders that get stuck to your socks, hair I have to cut out of my vacuum: ew. Wet chunks of hair in any form? NEWP. :shudder:

I don't mind loose hair except when it rolls into a hair spider and glides across the floor due to air movement. I scream almost every time :rolleyes:

Lyanna
March 2nd, 2021, 10:03 PM
When my hair was at shoulder and armpit length, my brother, my mom and I all had the same length (and colour), so when someone would find a loose hair somewhere the conversation usually went like "This yours?" "Nah, that's definitely not mine, it looks golden in the sun, so it's probably yours" "No, it's too fine to be mine" etc. but yesterday my brother picked up a single hair that was tangled in the flowers on the counter and just looked at me accusingly, and this time I couldn't deny the ownership of this solitary, 27" hair :lol:

Jo Ann
March 3rd, 2021, 02:07 AM
I use hair wraps as masks. Need I say more?

BuddhaBelle
March 3rd, 2021, 05:03 AM
My boyfriend is never happy to find hairs stuck around his... behind :o I have also had countless terrifying experiences of thinking I'm seeing a spider only to realise it's a ball of my hair.

I manage to crochet pieces of my hair into my projects, I've no idea how as I always have my hair up when I'm doing it.

FaeBroom
March 3rd, 2021, 07:03 AM
@Belle, I sewed hairs into my embroidery sampler yesterday! I had to pull out two, and I had my hair up also!

bparnell75
March 3rd, 2021, 12:16 PM
I do not like finding hair in the freezer!

BuddhaBelle
March 3rd, 2021, 03:01 PM
@Belle, I sewed hairs into my embroidery sampler yesterday! I had to pull out two, and I had my hair up also!

It's so weird isn't it!!

I do not like finding hair in the freezer!

Ohhh no thank you

JasminxCat
March 3rd, 2021, 10:33 PM
Oh I forgot to add,
I find strands of hairs in my socks, usually after walking in them though the day I might feel a strand that somehow found its way into my sock and wraps around my toes. Very annoying and about the most irritating feeling in the world. I get so mad when this happens :D

Jo Ann
June 27th, 2021, 02:24 AM
I noticed some *ahem!* cobwebs flapping in the breeze on the front of my floor fan. Imagine my surprise to find out they were long, bluish hairs...MY long, bluish hairs...

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/butter/uncertain-smiley-emoticon.png

FaeBroom
September 18th, 2021, 10:14 AM
I found a tumble weed, I'm assuming from cleaning out my hairbrush, stuck to the side of the toilet tank by way of static electricity. :silly:

KokoroDragon
September 18th, 2021, 12:06 PM
I found a strand of hair in the butter today!

Belgrade Beauty
October 1st, 2021, 01:50 PM
On the wheals of my vacuum cleaner. Today I figured it out, that's why it won't roll.

tekla
October 1st, 2021, 02:39 PM
On the wheals of my vacuum cleaner. Today I figured it out, that's why it won't roll.

I need to clean the wheels weekly, they catch an enormous amount of hair.

Last week I found a messy lump of hair peeking out from a dishwasher arm.

Kat
October 1st, 2021, 09:28 PM
I mean, at this point... where haven't I found it...

I've managed to spin my hair into yarn I'm making before (shed hairs, not hair still attached to my head. I don't think. Okay, can't promise I've maybe not almost done that, too).

Oh I forgot to add,
I find strands of hairs in my socks, usually after walking in them though the day I might feel a strand that somehow found its way into my sock and wraps around my toes. Very annoying and about the most irritating feeling in the world. I get so mad when this happens :D

My mom was always so mad when my loose hairs at her house would get wrapped around her toes.

JasminxCat
October 2nd, 2021, 01:01 AM
My mom was always so mad when my loose hairs at her house would get wrapped around her toes.

I think it might be the most annoying sensation in the world, no exaggeration lol

lapushka
May 31st, 2022, 05:29 AM
OK. My mom tried to wash my feet this morning. I immediately felt something tickle. Yep, there was a strand, huge strand, of hair stuck between my toes. Glad it didn't wrap around any of the toes (that could have been a constricting disaster), but man, it took some finagling to get that off a soapy foot. :lol:

Gwendolynn
May 31st, 2022, 01:14 PM
I have always struggled with hairs in my knitting, crocheting and nålebinding. Contemplating whether to just leave them in there or pick them out is a daily struggle

Glitch
June 2nd, 2022, 12:27 AM
I find them absolutely everywhere if I don’t vacuum regularly! My hair is very light weight and even the slightest wind from the windows makes it blow/end up all over the place. It’s very annoying, but thankfully easy to clean at least…

lapushka
June 2nd, 2022, 02:31 AM
I generally keep my hair up, and only detangle over the sink (and clean it out with a piece of TP). We barely find hairs on the floor (maybe 3 to 4 max.), so it was a big surprise to find that one on my foot. :lol:

bparnell75
June 2nd, 2022, 10:56 AM
Yep, its a nuisance!! I found one in the frig freezer yesterday. How?? but I hate them most in my butt crack and regions close by,:mad:

LongLocke
June 2nd, 2022, 11:00 AM
I always chuckle when I find them stuck between lego bricks when I'm building sets for the kids.

The other day, I was cleaning a few stray strands off the sink, and was slinging my contact lens case from one being caught up in the screw on cap

The one I found most weird, recently, was one that was stuck in the threads of a shirt. Like it had been sewn into the fabric

lapushka
June 2nd, 2022, 12:53 PM
I always chuckle when I find them stuck between lego bricks when I'm building sets for the kids.

The other day, I was cleaning a few stray strands off the sink, and was slinging my contact lens case from one being caught up in the screw on cap

The one I found most weird, recently, was one that was stuck in the threads of a shirt. Like it had been sewn into the fabric

Oh gosh, being somewhat OCD, that would so annoy the absolute crap out of me. :lol: