PDA

View Full Version : 4 hour Cassia....

AspenSong
January 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Treatment, w/ a tablespoon of henna, chamomile tea, coconut oil and sugar.....and here I am! Was kind of excited to post a more decent photo of my hair since I really never have had a good one!

Did the cassia&henna this morning....took me an hour and 2 bottles of VO5 to rinse out. A drop or two of jojoba oil on my ends...and I think it's a bit shinier!

Can't tell body-wise etc if it's a huge difference. I figure I'll give it a good oiling and a CO wash to really see, right now my ends feel a bit drier and easily tangled than usual. But not too bad overall! :)

(sorry, know there's oodles more fun posts on the board...but I had to share!!)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2qu7zhe.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/2qu7zhe/7

LaurelSpring
January 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Your hair looks absolutely awesome!

Aquamarine
January 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Wow, your hair looks amazing! Gorgeous color and silky smooth texture!:)

christine1989
January 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Wow! Your hair looks fantastic! The ends don't look dry at all. This makes me want to go rip open my new package of cassia and try it now. :)

AspenSong
January 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks all - I was after shine and "oomph" - I can't see any difference in color, so that's good...while I'm in love with all the gorgeous henna-heads here, I want to just keep my color since it's specially made for me. ;) hehe.

LisaMonster
January 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
So gorgeous! Lookatthatshine!

Fufu
January 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
WHoa.... your hair is gorgeous.. shiny and silky..

Demetrue
January 5th, 2011, 11:17 PM
wow - it looks gorgeous!

Loreley
January 6th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Wow, your hair looks so healthy and silky! :)

Veer666
January 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Your hair looks very nice and smooth!

lupiae
January 6th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Nice, very nice hair!

mrs_coffee
January 6th, 2011, 05:07 AM
That's really pretty!

Vercelli
January 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Hurray it worked! Looks so shiny and pretty! Nice colour!:cheese:

AspenSong
January 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks again! I'm so glad it finally at least looks shiny...lol.

I forgot to oil my ends last night, so I'm going to spend some time doing a S&D and then oil them later.

princessp
January 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Wow, so shiny!

KLin
January 6th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I was hoping you would post a follow up. ;) I was wanting some shine, and more protection for my hair, but I am scared to henna because I do not want to change my color. I may try it now since it worked so beautifully for you without color change. Does your hair feel better, thicker or stronger?

haibane
January 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Your hair looks so shiny and happy! :)

HairFaerie
January 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Wow! It turned out beautifully! Great job! Such a pretty color and incredible shine!

Capybara
January 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Wow! Makes me want to try cassia.

Your ends look great IMHO!

Sooze
January 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Beautiful! I look on in wistful envy as I see all these beautiful LHC piccies of members with such shiny hair - even with liberal oilings, mine still never looks anything other than coarse and dull.

Rocket22
January 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Your hair is beautiful so shiny and the color is rich looking. I also think your hair looks much much thicker then an i but maybe that is just me :)

freckles
January 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
that's a lot of shine! :)

aggie_deirde
January 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I have a question.What is Cassia and where can you find it?

Annalouise
January 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Your hair looks great. It is very shiny and looks moisturized.

AspenSong
January 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I was hoping you would post a follow up. ;) I was wanting some shine, and more protection for my hair, but I am scared to henna because I do not want to change my color. I may try it now since it worked so beautifully for you without color change. Does your hair feel better, thicker or stronger?

My hair does feel thicker, at the moment. I oiled it this morning, so it's also feeling softer from that. lol. I'm going to give it a day and CO wash, because to me, my hair felt dry after the treatment and my ends were super tangly compared to usual. So I think the answer to that for me will come after I CO wash and just get back to normal routine. It does seem thicker and nicer...so we'll see!
I'd encourage you to try it out - You have nothing to lose but of course the money to get the cassia and such, and a day of time! :)

AspenSong
January 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Your hair is beautiful so shiny and the color is rich looking. I also think your hair looks much much thicker then an i but maybe that is just me :)

Thank you so much!! :) I know it's silly, but it's so nice to hear nice things about your hair...lol. I've been so downtrodden about it and ready to cut it...and hubby doesn't notice anything but it getting longer and doesn't say much about it, so it's just nice to hear. :)

AspenSong
January 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I have a question.What is Cassia and where can you find it?

This can explain it better than I, I'm sure!
http://www.mehandi.com/shop/cassiaobovatabuy.html

I personally find mine at our health food stores, etc. Organic markets.

KLin
January 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I am going to have some time over the next 8 weeks while my hubby man is traveling, so when I have time without children I would like to try. I'll be interested in how your hair feels after you CO.:drama:
I have some cassia oil in my pile, wonder what it would do if I add to jojoba or coconut oil, or to scalp massage?:hmm:

Joliebaby
January 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Looks fantastic, caramel color, shiny and healthy!

PineappleJello
January 8th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks all - I was after shine and "oomph" - I can't see any difference in color, so that's good...while I'm in love with all the gorgeous henna-heads here, I want to just keep my color since it's specially made for me. ;) hehe.

I know exactly how you feel. My hair colour isn't much different than yours. I've been nervous to try cassia but your results may just be what I needed to take the plunge.

missfortune9335
January 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
It looks great! Lots of shine for sure :)

bluesnowflake
January 8th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Ooh! Very shiny. Did it change the color much?