PDA

View Full Version : Why is TLHC so addicting?

WaitingSoLong
January 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Why? How is it I can read about people's hair all day and never get sick of it or seeing their progress pics or cuts or whatever?

It is HAIR. Seriously. I am just not sure why I find this forum the MOST intriguing thing to read!

I love to read, and that doesn't help.

It is one thing when I am looking for advice or tips or new buns (snicker) or whatever, but I can read anything in any forum on any thread and just be entranced.

Of course I don't, because who has time? But I WANT to and every time I sit at my PC I find my mouse clicking on that link in my favorite places or checking out the latest in my subscribed threads then being disappointed when no new posts are there.

I feel like some hair expert, like LHC is hair college LOL. I find myself wanting to suck other people into LHC, like being an evangelist. I saw woman in Wal-Mart to day with TBL+ hair and I complimented her and I just wanted to say GO TO LHC or ask her if she does but the few times I have done this people look at me like I am beserk. At the least I wanted to start up a conversation about hair care products and find out what she uses, etc. I told her my hair was that long but I don't think she believed me (lazy wrap bun today). If you are here...HI! :waving:

Ok, so am I alone? I want to educate the world about all LHC has to offer and how it can change your hair life.

But again, it is just HAIR....RIGHT???

lol

This must mean I do not have a life. Ok. I accept that.

trillcat
January 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I like it here because it is kind of my "One Stop Shopping" of most things I am interested it.
I can chat and read about hair, pets, crafts. Tougher topics that sometimes get locked, sometimes about subjects that make us think and feel things we may not want to.
I can post abut my cat, my hair, and disturbing sometimes things and know that I am in a safe place. I have been flamed for some things, but hey, it's a message board with so many different opinions, and ultimately, it is just a nice place to hang out.

tinywife
January 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Oh my gosh, I so know what you mean. I have lost so much sleep reading this site...:p

myria
January 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Sorry but as I read that all I could think of was the aussie slogan - there's more to life than hair but its a good place to start :laugh:
You're far from alone - I'm now clocking in more time here than on facebook :) I may not have a life either (or else I just have some very warped priorities)

Dragon
January 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Oh my gosh, I so know what you mean. I have lost so much sleep reading this site...:p

Me to :D .

einna
January 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I am addicted... And it`s soo nice!
First I thought it was exiting because it is new, but by the looks of it I`m in for a loong ride ;)

First cheese: :cheese:

JuneBride
January 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
It's like Facebook for people who love hair!

It's the only place I know where I can find GOOD info on hair.

It's comforting to have finally found people who don't think I am a weirdo because I am interested in caring for/growing healthy hair.

It's a place of inspiration and encouragement!!!

I love the LHC!!!

boomtownrat
January 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I think if it were only about hair all the time in every thread I might not be addicted, but since there are off-topic boards here too, I am. :)

Also, I've learned more about hair care here than I've learned in all my years prior to this last one.

lyria
January 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
LHC Insomniacs unite!

Tia2010
January 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
How much sleep do I really need anyway :p Thats the question I often ask myself when sitting here reading instead of sleeping.

christine1989
January 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not addicted! I could stop whenever I want to....seriously, I can stop anytime. ;)

rapunzhell13
January 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I've been here for 3 years and I pretty much have LHC in the background every time I'm on the computer. I spend far more time in the blogosphere than on the boards these days and I enjoy getting to know the members behind the hair, so to speak. LHC feels like a "safe" place. I think I'll hang around here for many more years to come.

Plus, you gotta love a place that's so cat friendly. :D

HoneyJubilee
January 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
So have I! I start reading and then before I know it it's 3am!

Darkhorse1
January 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think it's that we all have a mutual interest in hair--nothing wrong with that ;) I also love seeing different hair styles and then learning about different people and supporting people during hard times and sharing my experiences.

to me, this is a place in which we are united by a common interest, and then from there, we make friends with people we have similarities to. This BB has helped me tons, and not just with hair ;)

Lostsoule77
January 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I found this site about 6 months ago and I couldn't stop searching all the articles and stuff. Then decided I was on the computer too much and stopped. Then I decided to check youtube and Torrinpaige's page again to see if she had anything new up (I learned of this site through her videos) and decided to stop by here again. Now I've spent hours for the past few days (I'm off work this week) checking out the forums. I can def. see this becoming an addiction. LOL We all have one thing in common that brings us here and can support us. And then we can connect with others who have other interests that are also the same it and becomes a big family. Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Juneii
January 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I'm not addicted! I could stop whenever I want to....seriously, I can stop anytime. ;)

same! I'm not addicted, I only visit once every 3 hours a day. I can go without checking what is new here on LHC for a day or so ;)

I love LHC for the people and all the discussions we have. It's more than just hair.

Aquamarine
January 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've been trying to figure that out since a year and a half. lol Sometimes I tell myself, you get to go on LHC if you complete your homework...LHC keeps me motivated. :pinktongue:

I think if it were only about hair all the time in every thread I might not be addicted, but since there are off-topic boards here too, I am. :)

Also, I've learned more about hair care here than I've learned in all my years prior to this last one.
And I agree about the off topic boards. I've learned soooooo much here.

*sigh* I just can't get enough of LHC *sigh*

AnnaJamila
January 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I heart LHC!!!! My DH rolls his pretty eyes everytime I get on (in fact he's laughing now) but it's worth it!

Rocket22
January 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I think I have a love hate relationship with LHC... I love the board and frankly never tire of reading about hair care and I love seeing all the progress pictures. (it gives me hope and they are my favorite! ) but I also hate that I'm soooo consumed with hair, although I already was but didn't have someone to share it with :) I even tried to delete the bookmark from my computer but now it just takes me a little longer to Google the forum ugh... guess I'm here for a while.. I just hope that since I'm new it will simmer down soon..

nellreno
January 6th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Because we have cheese!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I'm addicted to reading about new products and anything to put in my hair, and other forums/networking sites don't often talk about hair, so I check here everyday for mention of new products I can try.

Kaeita
January 6th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I love reading this forum - there's a huge amount of useful information, and lots of interesting people. There's also a wide range of interests, and I've learned about things other than haircare. It's like Ravelry for hair!

Avvoltoio
January 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
i am addicted too :), i think this is cause there are many interesting thread, and more nice people here :), of course i love to see as people comment on my thread, or on a pic at my album, it is very good feel, and inspirational.
Also i love to get know new people here, speak, mail with them, so if you read it write to me :)

Allychan
January 6th, 2011, 01:51 AM
1 Corinthians 11:15 "But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory"

Hair can be a symbol of health
Hair can make you feel feminine and sexy
Hair can show how you look after yourself

I currently have no "glory". This stuff growing out of my head looks unsexy, unhealthly and I am definately not proud of it.
Enter LHC. I have learnt so much and just about everything I have tried and read here has worked. Just one problem, can't seem to stop reading and using the great advice

Elenna
January 6th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Spending hours here everyday is such a benign addiction. Because of this forum, I seem to focus more on hair in real life. Since hair is something I can improve, it's a lot less stressful. Also, I people watch, I look at their hair and wonder what they look like with long, natural hair.

I'm not sure why this forum is so addicting. Maybe, it is the seriousness of the forum.

Clarisse
January 6th, 2011, 02:19 AM

Haha! Goes for me too. :cool:

Avital88
January 6th, 2011, 02:28 AM
hahah its like reading myself, i guess we all just want beautiful long hair:)

Medievalmaniac
January 6th, 2011, 04:00 AM
For me, in real life, I have no one who shares my interest in long hair...other people think it's pretty and they will comment on it, or they'll comment on my new hairtoys, but they don't "get it". They don't want to hear about science experiments with hair and food items, herbalism for hair, the benefits and drawbacks of a Ketylo versus a Papadonh acrylic stick, how much I love my Nightblooming dragon sticks, etc. etc. etc. Many of which, of course, I myself didn't know about a little over a year ago. The difference being - I wanted to know more, and my real-time friends, relations and acquaintances do not. And then, I find that other long hairs share my other interests - which are also not things my real-time folks are interested in. So - I come here. thank goodness here exists! :)

WaitingSoLong
January 6th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Elenna, I people watch, too. I have to be careful not to cross over into creepy sometimes LOL.

I notice hair all the time now, no matter what length or whatever, if it is unique or healthy I just want to comment on it. (IRL).

And like today, I just want to go back to bed but if I spend awhile on LHC it wakes me up and then I can get on with my day. I am starting to see how my kids are addicted to video games. It is some weird kind of high you cannot explain. At least here, I am dealing with real people!

I also like being able to be "real" no matter what. I have never been a member of a forum for as long as I have been on LHC. People are just nasty and that seems to be missing from this place. Sooner or late their ugly side comes out and you get reamed. I don't think I have ever been reamed here (if I have, I missed that post LOL)

Kaeita, what is Ravelry?

And also, I am an introvert IRL, very insecure. I don't make friends and I don't really have time for friends. I am OK with that, I have embraced it after fighting it most my life. I keep going back to forums and groups because I still crave people interraction even though I am socially inept. But this is the only place I can hang my hat. Of course it is a non-abrasive hair friendly hat. LOL.

I have to say, I have never read any blogs (not even sure how to) and rarely visit the off topic threads/forum so it is pretty much just HAIR I read about. I haven't had time to branch our much beyond that.

I remember being so lost at first, there was so much info and so many threads and topics it was overwhelming. I pretty much stick to the Mane Forum and sneak over to the hair products forum if I am seeking info or want to share something related.

I look at people's post totals and after 18+ months I am still under 500, and then I see people who have only been here a couple months and they are in the 1000 range. WHOA. I guess I read more than I post.

I do have to take breaks from LHC once in awhile. A month or two just to make sure I can and that I am not spending too much time on my PC.

serious
January 6th, 2011, 05:58 AM
For me, in real life, I have no one who shares my interest in long hair...other people think it's pretty and they will comment on it, or they'll comment on my new hairtoys, but they don't "get it". They don't want to hear about science experiments with hair and food items, herbalism for hair, the benefits and drawbacks of a Ketylo versus a Papadonh acrylic stick, how much I love my Nightblooming dragon sticks, etc. etc. etc. Many of which, of course, I myself didn't know about a little over a year ago. The difference being - I wanted to know more, and my real-time friends, relations and acquaintances do not. And then, I find that other long hairs share my other interests - which are also not things my real-time folks are interested in. So - I come here. thank goodness here exists! :)

THIS!!!!

( I do have a life, and I do have friends irl, but they don't share my interests in herbalism, hairtoys, hairstyles and :cheese: at all! )

julliams
January 6th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I think it is also because everyone is so positive here and it's just a nice place to visit.

I recently joined another forum on a totally different topic (dogs - because we just got a puppy) and at first I found it super helpful but then I noticed that people were a bit "you should" and "you should not" and it felt all very opinionated. I realised it wasn't doing me any good as I was always wondering "what would THEY think" every time I would make a decision regarding our puppy. I decided to leave it for a while and just enjoy her (the dog).

Here I always feel welcome and I don't feel I have to say anything in defense because there is no judgement. We are all just here because we are trying to grow our hair as healthy as possible and enjoying learning so much along the way.

It's great!

WaitingSoLong
January 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I realised it wasn't doing me any good as I was always wondering "what would THEY think" every time I would make a decision regarding our puppy. I decided to leave it for a while and just enjoy her (the dog).

I had this happen to me about 7 years ago when we got our (then) puppy. It was like if I didn't cook my dog 3 square meals a day of these exotic foods of human food then I was a bad dog owner.

Then they would say my vet was incompetent, blah blah. needless to say, I left that forum. Same thing happens on horse forums, parenting forums, even Christian forums. I am telling you, this is the ONLY forum I have ever seen where diversity is in harmony.

Nightshade
January 6th, 2011, 08:50 AM
:ponder: Because it lets you feel active in a process that, by and large, requires just time and patience? ;)

Capybara
January 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Yup, me too. I only visit a couple of times a day, that's not excessive ... right?? ;)

This is exactly along the lines of what I was going to say! It's nice, to be able to participate in a community of people with common interests. And, each person still has a unique personality/different interests, so it doesn't get old!

PrincessBob
January 6th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I woke up at 4 am, couldn't get back to sleep, so I read a couple of threads, in their entirety and then wrote a tutorial. I feel like it is more productive than paying video-games, but I should be working on my Japanese homework, :embarassed:.

WaitingSoLong
January 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Maybe that is it, I don't play video games. I dislike them.

Heaven help me if I get a video camera, I will be making videos. Of what, I am not sure. LOL

spidermom
January 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I think it's a combination of the people, the moderators keeping the overall tone positive and banning flamers, and the way it's arranged so that you can see the subject and click on anything that interests you. In comparison (to me), Facebook is tiresome; you have to scan through so much drivel to get to anything remotely interesting.

LoveMyLongHair
January 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
{I am telling you, this is the ONLY forum I have ever seen where diversity is in harmony.}

THAT is exactly it.........we have so many diversities on here......bald, shaved, long, extra long, everything in between........multi racial and multi cultural..........and yet.........

this is SUCH a positive place to be. I learn so much from here......and it's not only about hair........*but seriously.....what is more important than that? :rolls:*

I am so glad I found this forum and you ladies.....and gents.

sanfen
January 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I love forums and have been lucky to find some good ones for my various interests. I tend to flow in and out of them depending on what's happening. You had to see me on the college sites when my son was a HS junior - I haunted them and found a great one that I learned so much from - from financial aid to how to expand your horizons to include private schools. We thought for sure he'd be attending a state school and he got into his dream school with financial aid that we never dreamed possible. I love technology! :D

I joined TLHC (through another forum - I think it was LongHairlovers) a few years ago but never really posted here. I came back on a couple of months ago when I decided I would grow my hair again and here I am! I love being here and reading about everyone's hair journeys. I basically stick to the hair subjects and will occasionally wander into the others. I've already experienced a great little success that I will post about in the products forum.

I do most of my work on the computer and am on for hours at a time. It is all I can do to not spend all my time here! :p

skaempfer
January 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not an addict either! I can stop any time I want! No, really! I'm not addicted! I'm stopping right now.
:bigeyes:
Ok. I'm stopping in fi- no, ten- twenty! Twenty more minutes! Just a lousy half hour, please!

HannahDelicious
January 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
LHC is pretty addicting. I don't post much, but I read a lot. I figure if Michelle Phan's make up tutorials are addicting enough for people to generate at least one million hits on most of her YouTube submissions, then I am totally justified in my addiction to LHC.

wendy1257
January 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
WaitingSoLong: Ravelry is a site for knitters. They have forums that can be quite addictive.

I find TLHC addicitive because I've been obsessed with my hair pretty much my whole life. And this is a place where that is not looked upon as being strange!

Madora
January 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
For me, it is the truly inspiration photographs. And I love seeing new styles with braids.

Photokissa
January 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I'm a newbie, and I am OBSESSED now. :) I really like that there is independent thinking that goes on here. There isn't that "well my stylist says so and she is 100)% right ALL the time" mentality. I also have noticed that there is a general respect for each member and support for everyone to do what works for them. Finally, I enjoy that the board requires that we all write in proper and full grammar. :D

WaitingSoLong
January 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome Wendy and Photokissa!

Thanks for the explanation Wendy. I crochet some, but only when I am bored and that is RARE (espically with LHC to take all my time LOL)

I like the grammar thing, too.

Ravenwaves 88
January 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Oh my goodness.....you can subscribe to your favorite threads? I've been wasting time searching and searching......I need to get on this!

Kaijah
January 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I'll get plenty of rest when I croak. :p Meanwhile, I'm gonna keep reading threads.

I think I'm particularly addicted to LHC because it's so diverse, but still somewhat... cohesive? Of course, being people, not everyone LOVES each other, but basically everyone seems to get along okay (or agree to disagree). Some of that is surely moderating ;) but it seems we have a pretty stable user base over all. You don't see the silly flame wars and junk, even on very sensitive/potentially offensive topics.

I remember when I first joined and lurked, I read back something like 350+ pages in the Mane forum. :o Sure, lots of hair topics are similar or repeats... but every poster has a different care method, a different product, and new idea or style... I can't stop!

And I honestly think our "off topic" forums are of a higher quality than most sites dedicated to JUST those things, and are generally more active as well.

Nae
January 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Oh my goodness.....you can subscribe to your favorite threads? I've been wasting time searching and searching......I need to get on this!

Oh yes, it is brilliant! If you are in a thread that you want to subscribe to just go up to the top of it and in that little grey bar at the very top on the left will be something called "Thread Tools" if you click on that you should see something called "Subscribe to thread," if you click on that you can add it to your subscriptions which you can check in your User CP. HTH!:D

Juanita
January 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
This is such a friendly supportive place that is really so much more than hair.

LovelyL
January 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
either the moderators are hard at work keeping out the troublemakers... or there's no such thing as long-haired trolls (except for these little fellows of course wikipedia:Troll Doll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_doll), but it's not like they've ever heard of LHC with all that terribly matted hair :p)

GrowingGlory
January 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
It's just relaxing and great fun, with the added benefits of health, hygiene and grooming education. It's mindless fun sometimes, and it IS addictive. I sometimes back away from the Forum because the number of hours that I log daily is just plain scary!

jaine
January 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I think LHC is part of a larger Internet addiction for me. I honestly don't know which need I'm trying to fill by using the Internet, so I devised a little experiment. 1 day per week, on the weekend, I plan to avoid the Internet and see which feelings arise and see if I can find alternate ways of satisfying whatever needs i become aware of.

Last weekend was my first attempt; I think I made it about 22 hours, stoically! The #1 thing I felt was intellectual boredom. I wanted something interesting to think about. So next weekend ...I'll try a sic-fi novel on my day off and see if that satisfies me.

Another theory I had (about my own addiction) is that it arises from a need to socialize in a large group, which for most of my life I had convinced myself that I hated to do; I told myself that groups were tiring and boring and difficult to connect with, and I would only socialize with one person at a time. Recently I decided to socialize in real-life groups more often and it turned out that I actually loved it, more than 1 on 1 socializing. It's weird what we can convince ourselves of - things that aren't even true.

Anyway. The days when I'm hanging out with a group of friends in real life are definitely days when I feel less urgent about checking LHC.

WaitingSoLong
January 7th, 2011, 05:52 AM
WOW Jaine what a great post! That is so something I would do! I see spending Internet time as a bad thing, wasting time, being lazy, etc. I am SO NOT a lazy person so I am baffled about my LHC addiction. This makes sense! I love your experiment. I have done something similar with a disorder I have to see what motivates it (OCD).

I LOVE to read and I think you hit the proverbial nail when you said you need intellectual stimulation. That is what drives me! I long for it. I have even said it I just never connected it to the Internet use. I am forever looking things up (I heart wikipedia, recently found UNcyclopedia...interesting).

My reading and writing urges are both satisfied in this forum. But I still read all the time. I spend equivalent hours reading as I do on LHC. My husband does not get why I read so much, he doesn't really like to read. I crave it. There is never a day I am not reading something and I go through dozens of books a year. But then when I read I want to talk about what I have read, especially if it is a non-fiction book. I tend to read fiction books my kids have read so I can talk about the books with them (they are older...teens).

Now that I think about it, almost all my motivation has to do with mental/intellectual stimulation. This would be why I NEVER watch TV lol. That is not sarcastic, I really do not watch TV!

I will have to noodle on this today. I have many errands to run and I will literally be running later at the Y jamming to my MP3 player LOL.

hanne jensen
January 7th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I guess I'm addicted to LHC because there's so much useful information on just about everything and everytime I'm here I learn an awful lot.

When I look at pics of very long hair, I'll gently take my hair down and wave it at the screen while chanting, "See, hair, that's what I want! You can do it! Grow, grow grow!" DH asks me if he should call the padded wagon now or later....

I'm reading posts for hours almost every day since joining, but I don't post much. I just like learning. A lot of hair and skin care tips here are very effective and quite cheap. I've learned here that pretty hair and skin doesn't have to cost a fortune. I feel that that justifies my time spent here!

gretchen_hair
January 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
It's the crack of hair forums! I know that I read tidbits all day.

jaine
January 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
WOW Jaine what a great post! That is so something I would do! I see spending Internet time as a bad thing, wasting time, being lazy, etc. I am SO NOT a lazy person so I am baffled about my LHC addiction. This makes sense! I love your experiment. I have done something similar with a disorder I have to see what motivates it (OCD).

I LOVE to read and I think you hit the proverbial nail when you said you need intellectual stimulation. That is what drives me! I long for it. I have even said it I just never connected it to the Internet use. I am forever looking things up (I heart wikipedia, recently found UNcyclopedia...interesting).

My reading and writing urges are both satisfied in this forum. But I still read all the time. I spend equivalent hours reading as I do on LHC. My husband does not get why I read so much, he doesn't really like to read. I crave it. There is never a day I am not reading something and I go through dozens of books a year. But then when I read I want to talk about what I have read, especially if it is a non-fiction book. I tend to read fiction books my kids have read so I can talk about the books with them (they are older...teens).

Now that I think about it, almost all my motivation has to do with mental/intellectual stimulation. This would be why I NEVER watch TV lol. That is not sarcastic, I really do not watch TV!

I will have to noodle on this today. I have many errands to run and I will literally be running later at the Y jamming to my MP3 player LOL.

I'm happy my thoughts helped! :)
Your response is also very insightful to me ...that it might be some combination of intellectual stimulation plus connecting with other people about it...I mean my first thought when I came up with my sic-fi novel idea was "ok that might work and I'll try it but it sounds a little lonely." I think I also have this need to read and write and stretch my imagination - and then connect with other people about whatever I just read or wrote.
But this gives me some ideas for things that might meet this need for me...borrowing books from my friends so I can talk to them about it? Writing poetry and then reading it at an open mic night? I think it'll be worthwhile for me to try alternate ways of meeting this need ... Then at least I can decide which one is the most satisfying. Something about the sheer volume of time I spend on the Internet at home...I'm not sure if that means it isn't truly giving me what I need? Like a thirsty person who's trying to drink salt water and getting more thirsty? Or maybe it's working great and my need is just that huge. I guess I'll find out! :)

daaisychains
January 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I love LHC. It's one of the few places online i know that no one will be outright nasty for no reason :)

LadyG
January 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I came here to learn about hair care, but found a community of people who believe in " to each their own".

There is no perfect way for everyone, and from what I've read, this is what is given here. Advice, not absolute doctrine. Support and encouragement, not ridicule and bullying to change.

This is why after surfing this site, I come here first and Facebook second. Thanks to everyone for being here.

fairytalegirl
January 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I find this site very inspiring. Whenever I get frustrated about my hair and think, "i'm going to chop it all off!" I come here first and ALWAYS change my mind. Thanks!

lingxi
January 13th, 2011, 03:13 AM
It's like Facebook for people who love hair!

It's the only place I know where I can find GOOD info on hair.

It's comforting to have finally found people who don't think I am a weirdo because I am interested in caring for/growing healthy hair.

It's a place of inspiration and encouragement!!!

I love the LHC!!!

Agree completely with you! Especially the part about other people who are also interested in caring for and growing healthy hair :)

Oz
January 13th, 2011, 03:22 AM
becuase hair growing is so addicting.

becuase people are so nice and compliment you all the time

becuase theres always something waiting for you to read

africa
January 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I love TLHC, the bottom-line is that when I've spent time here I feel enthused about my feminity and I'm more loving on myself. That's besides the excellent hair knowledge, fascinating members (one of my key reasons for joining TLHC!) and also the ONE STOP for other natural body care ideas!
Thank you LHC!
I would like to post more and not only browse around ...

Tookii
January 23rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
I only discovered this forum a month ago and I just can't get off it! I was so lost at the beginning because of the sheer amount of info on this but it's really just the fact that other people have the same obsession with hair just like I do!

akuamoonmaui
January 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
It's the common denominator (hair), the people, and the mods who keep everyone in line! I also like that it is international, learning about other people in other countries is pretty cool! Oh, and the hairstyles you can learn. And the toy enabling.

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
I love LHC for many reasons; its addicting, my hair has never been so long or healthy thanks to all the tips ive had from here but mainly my reasons for keep coming back is although ive never met any of the guys from here, they have all become like family to me, I would love everybody to have one giant LHC meet, that although is impossible it would be cool all the same!

fairy_ends_girl
January 23rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Too funny! I was up till 1am last night reading 100+ pages in the WO thread. My eyes were burning, I was half asleep but could not stop reading!

dragonmyst
January 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Great information, no judgment (that I have encountered) friendly people and gorgeous hair pictures.

I love cruising through the albums looking at the hair pictures, the long hair (classic and beyond) are my fav but I love it all especially the over time pics. :D