PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like ...

emsahib
January 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM
...your hair is healthier than it's been in ages and feels softer or thicker but sometimes looking at it (particularly in photos), how it feels doesn't add up with how it looks? I do think that now its getting longer and my natural colour is coming through it does look better but I'll compare it to photos of my old hair dyed and blowdryed and think it looks healthier when I know it was damaged then grr. Maybe its all my stupid layers lol

HairFaerie
January 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I have the opposite phenomenon...when I feel my hair, it feels a bit dry, particularly on the ends but in photos, it appears very shiny and healthy!

I know it sounds strange and others may disagree - but I find that when I dye, my hair seems healthier and definitely looks more shiny! That's why I am not really opposed to dye!

chrissy-b
January 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I have the same problem. I even posted in my anniversary thread about this very issue. I look at photos of my BSL hair when I dyed it and it looks so good, but now that I'm treating it well by wearing it up, and oiling and gentle handling it feels great but looks frizzy and damaged!

I'm pretty sure it's from old dye damage so I'm slowly trimming that off for a full head of virgin hair to see if that makes a difference. If not, I may just have to back to cones permanently. Even though they make my hair lank, at least it's shiny!

emsahib
January 5th, 2011, 01:20 PM
yeah I've got old dye through my lengths, will take a long time to grow out. The most annoying thing is when you thought you were having a good hair dye but the photo just makes it look knotty at the ends. Oh well I still think it looks better than it did, thank godness I decided to grow out my fringe that didn't suit me at all

Rennire
January 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Yes! My hair looked so much better when I used to straighten it and it surprises me every time I see it old photos. It's a good thing my flat iron is burried deep under the stairs or I'd be tempted to start using it again!

claireozzy
January 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Oh im the same, my hair feels lovely these days since ditching heat, but doesnt look that way in photos at all

emsahib
January 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Yes! My hair looked so much better when I used to straighten it and it surprises me every time I see it old photos. It's a good thing my flat iron is burried deep under the stairs or I'd be tempted to start using it again!

I think your waves look lovely :)

misslicorice
January 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I've noticed this, too! Whenever I deep condition, my hair feels perfectly smooth/soft but the curls look mashed and it's frizzy! I don't get it.

Anywhere
January 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Yes. Moreso in the first few months of giving up my straightener. I still find that after I straighten and re-wash to get my hair back to curls, it gets very.. icky looking. The longer I go without heat styling, the better it looks.

I also find leave-in helps, as my hair will never look picture perfect without something helping it stay semi-frizz free.

Avital88
January 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
My hair feels and looks better, luckily also on pictures. my hair has made huge progression in just 1 year and im very happy about it.no more heat is the way for me i know now..