PDA

View Full Version : When will you be hair happy?

Pages : [1] 2

lora410
June 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I am sure most of us are unhappy some ways with our hair. It could be the texture, length, etc. So what reachable hair goal would make you 100% hair happy? For me it would finally to have hair past the bottom of my bra strap

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, when my hair is all the same length with no damage at knee length. I WILL manage it however long it takes!! LOL

lora410
June 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Well, when my hair is all the same length with no damage at knee length. I WILL manage it however long it takes!! LOL

You go girl ;)

Katurday
June 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
In two years, when my hair hopefully gets both past waist, and has had a major trim with all the dye damage cut off.

AKA Prom.
=3

Sana
June 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I will be happy at waist length tho' I know I will have to start small trims due to my layers.

Nightshade
June 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
When my hair is tailbone, the old dye is cut out, and my new henna mix covers all of my hair in it's coppery goodness.

So about another 5 years :) The damage and old dye should be cut out within the next year and a half, though :cheer:

ladystar
I will be happy when my hair is almost at tailbone.
I will be supper duper happy when my hair is at classic with only henna on my head and no chemical dye.

Phalaenopsis
I'll be happy when it's back too its old thickness, without layers and at least at waist.:)

hurricane_gia
June 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'll be happy when I can make a cinnabun that lays flat with two revolutions (as opposed to a cinnabun with two revolutions that stack behind each other like a bee butt bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5593)).

Sorus
June 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'm pretty happy with it now, which is why I haven't cut it shorter. That being said, I'll be thrilled with it when it gets longer. At this stage it is not so long that it is a hassle but it's long enough to do many types of buns and have fun with.

Guenever
June 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I have 2 main goals: Actually, when I reach no. 1 I'll be thrilled! :D

1) when my TB length hair gets all "one length" - aka. that my 10" seriously thin ends are finally GONE.. *trimming like crazy* - will probably take around 2 years..
2) When I've outgrown my dye - which is at chin at the moment (sigh) - approx. 5 years?

- I would love to be able to pick no. 3 to be: "when my virgin hair reaches mid-thigh with a blunt hemline" - but I can't really do that -- I don't see that as reasonable since I've never seen my hair longer than it is now.. so, nah..

Forever_Sophie
June 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
On the 26th. I'm getting it trimmed w/ some layers (it's at a great length now where I can get trims w/o missing the length), and some lowlights. Truthfully....I think I'll be happiest when I darken my hair altogether.

Islandgrrl
June 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I'm actually happy with my hair right now. The longer it gets, the happier I get, but I'm not dissatisfied at all with the way things are today! Even if I am having a really awful hair day.

frizzinator
June 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I am happy and have found hair nirvana.

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
You go girl ;)

Haha thanks :) I intend too work hard at it ;) hehe

spidermom
June 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I know I am growing to classic at least, if able, but I can't say that will bring hair happiness. It will be a long-term goal that I can finally cross off my list. As for my hair, I love it and I hate it. Today is a hate day. It's hot, it itches/tickles everywhere it touches my neck or face, so I've got most of it secured up and back with a claw clip, but it's pulling. Not too bad, but annoying. I've spent enough time on my hair today. I don't want to re-do it........grrrrrrrrr... mumblemumblemumble.... Oh, sorry. What were we talking about?

KarenLynn
June 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Interesting question. Will I ever be truly happy with it? I don't know. I do know that I want things my genes aren't going to give me on that front, and I'm not sure if that will ever change.

That aside, I do have a specific goal in mind: hair all virgin and at tail bone length. It's likely going to take at least four more years. My partial goal is the same as Guenever's; to get rid of the most damaged ends - about 6" or so. Should take about a year and a half, because I want to gain a bit more length before trimming again.

In the meantime, I'm not exactly unhappy about it either. It keeps growing, and it keeps improving. :)

lora410
June 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
wow its really neat to hear everyones individual happy goals :)

MsBubbles
June 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I say this now but we'll see if that dangling carrot moves if I ever 'get there': I'll be ecstatic with waist length, blunt ends. Anything after that'll be gravy.

wintersun99
June 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I will be happy when I am able to cut all of the Indigo out of my hair, the layers (except for face framing) have all grown out, my fringe has grown out AND my hair is at least back to (APL) - after that, it's a race to MBL and finally WL - wheeee.....

Elainehali
June 6th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I'll be happy when it's to my pants, like it was back in the day.(only this time better because of all of you with your helpful tips! and a place to show off updos.)

:D

Indigo Girl
June 6th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I'll be happy when my hair is tailbone with healthy ends!

I get so frustrated because I have to keep cutting my hair due to all the splits - it's taking forever!

DecafJane
June 6th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Even though my goal is much longer, I will be happy when I get to BSL and start to get rid of a little bit of my mullet layers! I can't wait to be able to do a braid. :) I will be ecstatic when my hair reaches waist. When I get to classic, I'll get a very sore neck from spending all day looking at it in the mirror. ;)

Tangles
June 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
When I get to waist. I'll be hair happiER when I get to APL; I'm well on my way.

And when I figure out a way to get it to stay (relatively) straight without heat. I'm currently experimenting with brown henna and it does seem to have a slightly relaxing effect on my hair.

chotee
June 6th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I have bad-hair days and good-hair days all the time. On bad-hair days, i never feel happy so i put my hair up and forget about it. On good hair days, i am almost 90% happy. I think when i reach my goals or near goal i will still face the same bad-hair days and good- hair days but i think by then i would have trained my mind well to be happy on either of those days :smile:

chotee

Nevermore
June 8th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I'm happy now, but I'll be thrilled at classic and truly length-content someplace between knee and floor. I'd like to grow to terminal once, which I hope is past floor length, but if I spent the rest of my life after growing my hair out with hair that was at least at knee, I'd be quite happy.

Nat242
June 8th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Tailbone with healthy ends (although I've only recently started using henna, most of my hair survived synthetic colouring well enough; the last 4 inches or so need to go though), and not too much henna colour build-up, a few face framing layers/bangs and a better handle on softer updos.

I must say though, I'm much happier with my hair now than I've been in a long time - but I know it's going to get better! :cheese: :disco:

-- Natalie

Newniepg
June 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I am actually happy with my hair at the moment, because it is healthier than it has ever been. Of course, if it gets to hip length with blunt ends and keeps getting healthier...well then, I'll be over the moon.

mew
June 8th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Everytime i have a frustrated hair moment i remind myself that at least i *have* hair to worry about :) I've put mine through a lot in the past but since i found this encouraging forum and have treated my hair well it actually looks quite reasonable. Sure, would be great if it was less tapered and dry, and i really wouldn't mind another 3 inches in length but hey...maybe i'll get there at some point :)

Good luck everyone with your hair goals!

eadwine
June 8th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Reachable.. I have something that isn't reachable :lol:

I would love to have my neck hair be a little longer so it actually goes in an updo. Same with the sides :)

julya
June 8th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I would really like my thickness to come back to what it used to be, I went from a 4.25" down to a 3.25" ponytail. I like the length my hair is at now.

rymorg2
June 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I'll be happy when I don't work at the salon anymore and can let it grow and grow and grow (with no headaches from stupid chemicals!)

Seriously though, my hair is always a work in progress so it doesn't matter....I'll always have something I want to change about it.

bunnii
June 8th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I'll be happy when its at waist and thicker on the ends..... actually maybe hip :silly:

Hella
June 8th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I'd be happy if it made back to its old thickness. Length is fine, but I'd like the ends to get back to their natural state instead of this fragile phase. I'd be hair happy if I could air-dry my hair without worrying about see-through ends, and see my waves untouched, which isn't really quite possible at my hair's state now.

girlcat36
June 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Happy?? LOL---had to laugh when I saw the thread title. I don't think I will ever be happy with my hair. Well maybe I'll be happy when it looks like Amoretti's hair. Oh yeah, that's NEVER gonna happen! Bwahahaha!

I will be less unhappy with my hair when:
I reach waistlength(2 years?).
When I am at waistlength and my short underlayer finally meets up with the longer layer(4 years?)

Short term happiness goal:
Getting the short layer long enough so ALL my hair can go into an updo(6 months?)

Isilme
June 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I'm actually quite happy with my hair right now. Ok, it's dry because I wore it down yesterday all day in the sun and wind, and I had to S&D a bit. But it's longer than ever, in better condition than ever (at this length) and I love the colour!
But I would be thrilled with tailbone or even classic. classic would be best because then I would realize my plan with crazy colour and then finally cut out all the old before lhc hair. Which would take me back to TB.

akka naeda
June 8th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I am happy with it - since I discovered oiling and SMT, that's sorted out any problems I had with it.

I'd be slightly more happy if the ends thickened up, I'm debating at present whether to see if it will reach my ankles or whether to stay at this length and work on the thickness, but either way really I won't be more happy than I am now.

Kuchen
June 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
When I've got rid of the badly bleached stuff that snags all the time. Hopefully by the end of this year?

LaurelSpring
June 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
This may sound crazy, but when my hair covers my breasts. When it is down I want to be able to pull it over my shoulder and have it fall past my breasts. That is my immediate goal. Otherwise Im shooting for waist.

Celebrian
June 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
When the green has got covered or grown out...

Lamb
June 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
When it ceases to be so dry and fragile. Also, when it's at least shoulder length, with no layers and bangs grown out.

chelly
June 8th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty happy with my hair as it is :] now if only it would grow ~_^

paper
June 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I'll be so happy when my hair gets shoulder length with no layers. Then I can just let it grow after that.

Medievalhair
June 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
When my hair reaches waist length, then Knee after then I'll be happy with the length.
As right now I'm happy with the condition.

mommy2one05
June 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well I hope someday I will be happy with my hair. It is currently at waist length and I am always aggravated about some aspect of my hair...ahh!

DMARTINEZ
June 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I will be happy when the 4 inches I had cut off will grow back. I learned
my lesson hair, pleeease grow back fast. Thank You. :lol:

Deb

Katze
June 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
when my layers have caught up to my length, thus hopefully (!) giving me a relatively blunt hemline.

buttons
June 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'll be happy with my hair when it's virgin again (meaning all the color/damage is fully cut off, a few more inches) and 33"

someonesfaerie
June 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
This may sound crazy, but when my hair covers my breasts. When it is down I want to be able to pull it over my shoulder and have it fall past my breasts. That is my immediate goal. Otherwise Im shooting for waist.

I remember in high school I would think that all the time, I though and still think it's hot. Now with the cut I got it barely covers my breasts. :mad:

someonesfaerie
June 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I'll be happy with my hair when it gets softer, and I can figure out why it's dry. But I'm going for longer and healthier.

Alaskanheart
June 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
When it reaches waist and all the layers and damage are finally cut off and my hemline is thick and blunt!

lookingglass
June 8th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I am, thankfully, pretty darn happy with my hair. I've reached terminal length for me. Now it is all about maintaining the henna, collecting toys (oh, Ficcare, you will soon be mine!), keeping stocked in the products I love, and paying attention to what my hair/scalp need (I have several methods in my rotation). It CAN happen! ((((huggs and prayers to all and their goals!))))

EvaSimone
June 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
When it reaches tailbone and is pretty healthy... I like how it is right now. It's at 'can I call this waist length' it covers my breasts and is past my ribs. I originally only wanted waist length hair but now I want tailbone (all of the beautiful hair I see on LHC made me change my goal.)

So tailbone would make me happy... tailbone without damage would make me ecstatic!

Xan
June 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
classic would be a real nice start

harley mama
June 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I am already hair happy. ;) I love my hair.
It has bad days (don't we all?) but I am happy with it all the same!

daydreamer
June 8th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I'll be hair happy when it reaches tailbone and blunt ends, with all the old dye cut off!

socks
June 9th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I'll be quite happy with my hair when it's about floor length with a much thicker hemline. I'll be even happier if I can lighten it a bit and maybe even get a pair of long, thin layers to frame my face when I have my hair in a bun or braid. :D

Lixie
June 9th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I'll be fairly content when I reach classic with all one length hair (minus the intentionally short pieces at he front) and with the colour slightly more even.

My ends are much lighter than the roots due to sun damage and general wear and tear; I hope by covering my hair in the sun I can keep a more even colour. If not, I think I'll still be happy with my hair. :)

Altocumulus
June 9th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm actually happy with my hair right now. The longer it gets, the happier I get, but I'm not dissatisfied at all with the way things are today! Even if I am having a really awful hair day.

Me too. :flower:

dulce-de-leche
June 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'll be happy when I reach my tailbone at least,and when all my layers have been cut off.I'll be really happy when I reach my thigh and no layers.

Magicknthenight
June 11th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I'll be so happy when my hair is long enough to satisfy me....im not sure when that is...maybe knee length :cheese: that would be great!!!!!
Oh also..i will be really happy when i finially learn how to do a bunch of updos other then a basic braid, cinnamon bun, and sock bun. I'm trying! But they usially just turn out completely different from the picture..:ponder:
i wonder what im doing wrong?

jivete
June 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I think I'll be happy when (if) I'm able to maintain healthy bra strap with blunt ends and even happier when the dyed parts are grown out. That being said, since I quit shampoo, I'm happier with my hair than I have ever been. With all the new wave, it actually looks good down without any fuss.

Ndnlady
June 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm happy with the condition of my hair right now, but I will be even happier when my hair is tb length and ecstatic if I am able to reach knee length!:)

honeybunch
June 25th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'll be happy when my shrunken hair is at least tail bone with thick, even ends. That's a looonng waay down the road, but I am pretty happy now.

Periwinkle
June 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I reckon I'll be happy when I'm hip length with my layer and face framing cut out. I'd love my hair longer - post classic - but hip length would be wonderful. I've never had hair longer than BSL before.

Siava
June 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Hmm. I'll be most happy when it's all silver.

Naluin
June 25th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I will be hair happy when my hair stops feeling crunchy at the ends, is not so fluffy/frizzy and when I get to a length at which I can pull all of my hair into a ponytail.

In the moment that I have all three, I will be 100 per cent hair happy. The moment after that, however, may be a different story...

Garnet66
June 25th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'll be hair happy when I get to chin length. Then I can do SOMETHING with it.

Chamomilemaiden
June 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I would be happy if my hair grow to at least classic and would be without split ends and breakage... but I don´t think it will ever happen.

Exodus
June 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Happy 1: Next year when I cut the henna off
Happy 2: When I have virgin hair down to waist

Right now I don't think there is anything at all that I'm happy with...

mugglemomof3
June 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I can honestly say I'm 99% happy with my hair, here in June 2008. Especially compared to when I joined LHC over two years ago.

I'll even go so far as to admit that when I catch a glimpse of it down in the back in a mirror or store window, I get all giddy with pride and joy in it! :eyebrows::cool:

vidgrl007
June 26th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I will be happy when my hair is at apl so I can actually see progress.Right now its barely past my shoulders and this is the hardest length for me.

Radulfr
June 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I would be happy with just a few inches past mid-back towards belt-length, so it LOOKS longer.
Just to prove it could get there after the long no-growth hiatus I am in.

SweetPea88
June 26th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Well I'm pretty happy with my hair right now, but I can't wait until my layers grow out completely!

rubyredslippers
June 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I will be absolutely 100% happy when it reaches the small of my back, dry, with a U-shaped hemline, and in similar condition to what it's in now.

I'd be happiER if it decided to grow faster, to get there. Actually, I would be ecstatic. But I've slipped out of the realm of the possible.:D

Flying Betty
June 26th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I want the Sun In broken off parts to catch up with the rest of my hair. That's probably another 2 years- they're BSL to waist length when the rest of my hair is pushing classic. I don't really care if my hair is any longer- I like being able to wear it down- but I want it all the same length.

Oneya
June 26th, 2008, 11:59 PM
When it is thich, shiny and waistlength..but to be honest I'll never be totally satisfied.

willowcandra
June 27th, 2008, 05:23 AM
When My hair is back to its usual width and I can wear it loose again I will be very happy. The rest of my colour will be grown out by then too so extra smiles all round.:)

tiny_teesha
June 27th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I will be happy when my hair is 100% virgin at waist (that is 4 years away)
And exstatic if it reaches TB all in it's virgin glory!
And i would absolutely, not be happier, if it was knee length (and ofcourse my natural virgin colour!)
That is many many years away, i try not to think of it! :) I'm totally happy with TB though. I'm at waist, and after the first week of being here, i got bored! But i am maintianing still!

RavenDream
June 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM
My hair will also be happy when it covers my breasts. For me, that means that my bad layers will be grown out. Since I'm large chested that doesnt look like it'll be happening for about a year, which makes me sad as I'm probably less than an inch from waist.

sexyjacksparrow
June 28th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I would like to get mine to APL when curly and past BSL straight. Not sure it will ever happen without making more sacrifices than I'm willing to, but we'll see. I'm happier with my hair now than I have been in ages as it looks much healthier now I've had it cut.

Kerry xx

sundae
June 29th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I'll be happy when my hair looks like Blake Lively's from Gossip Girl hehe

My hair is reallllly damaged from getting it straightened twice, so I'll be happy when it's long, healhty and damage free!

Samara Morgan
June 29th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I'll be fully happy with my hair once I grow out my awful side bangs, then re-cut them into a nicer shape, plus when the ends of my hair have thickened up a lot more lol.

Hastings
June 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I think I will be happier when my hair grows a couple more inches past waist. It looks like waist in the back but not the front. So I guess when it looks like waist in the front. Also, my goal is to hit the top of my pants like someone else said. I think that would make me hair happy too!

Brianna
June 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'll be happy when my hair reaches tailbone and is in overall good condition. I'll be happier when my hair is that length and all the chemically dyed parts have been cut off. :)

jenna
June 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM
i'm not sure when/if i'd ever really be happy with my hair. i don't ever do anything to it except put it in a scrunchie ponytail. i know i'd be really happy if i could braid it and have it look nice.

since i had chopped off 7" a few weeks ago to get ready for my brain surgery, it has made healing a little better but i do think i've missed having that length - tailbone. the ends were just always getting messed up/tangled and hard to manage. so i'm not sure when/if i'd ever be happy with mine as i don't really have any goals other than just to keep it healthy and let it grow and do its thing.

Bubbleguppy
June 29th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'll be happy when my hair is finally to my waist! I will maintain the patience this time darn it! ;)

aisling
June 30th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I am happy with my hair and I don't think any realistic goal would make me much happier with it. Sure, I'd love to have a 5" ponytail but that's down to genetics and won't ever happen :) As it is now, I'm pretty happy with both length and condition, I don't have a burning need for longer hair, at almost tailbone it is really long for me and I'll just grow along and see how I like it. As for shape, it's not very damaged, sure, I have split and dry ends, but I don't think I'll ever get totally rid of those.

morgwn
June 30th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I'll be very happy when my hair gets to classic length, I've managed to thicken it up a bit with cassia and cut out all of the flyaways and damaged ends to make it all one even length. This journey make take a decade or more, but I WILL make it there eventually. :)

julianabanana
June 30th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I don't think I'll ever be truly happy with my hair. When it was short I wanted it long and now that it's long(ish) I'd like it all chopped off again!

I have made such an effort to get my hair this long that I am determined to keep it long for now and I'll try and be happy with it. I've had some layers cut in so it's not so heavy which makes life a lot easier. I don't know how some of you manage, you're all my hair heroes!

Patrycja
June 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I will be extremely ecstatic when my layers and length are all long enough for some of those really nice updos.When I can manage a decent chinese bun,figure 8,orchid bun,etc etc. I would also be grateful when I stop this shedding and gain some thickness back. Having my hair at my waist and beyond woule be real nice too.I'm getting tired of being stuck at BSL.

chainedangel
June 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'll be happy when my hair has as few splits as possible, is long enough to tickle my legs, and has enough gray to show. I know that last one sounds a bit strange but when you're 30 and people think your 11 year old son is your brother you look forward to having something to show your age.

BunnyBee
June 30th, 2008, 07:40 PM
When its completely undamaged and at tb length. Don't think that'll ever happen at this rate tho.:(

Amoretti
July 2nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'll buck the trend and say I'm happy now. It's not perfect, but since I don't strive for perfection I'm happy. :)

saman
July 2nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
I would be happy when my hair past my shoulders with no damages and all in same length. After that reaching APL will make me happier.

FrannyG
July 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
I am very happy right now. My bangs have grown out, I like my colour, and my layers are gone. Now I'm just trimming a wee bit every couple of months, and enjoying every bit of new growth.

I'm in a happy place now where I'm delighted with my hair as it is, and I'm in no hurry. It will continue to grow until it stops growing. I like every stop along the way.

Faepirate
July 2nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
Oh, I'll be happy when I figure out how to keep my hair moisturised and non-crunchy rather than have random nice-hair-days in between weeks of "bleh". ;) Length doesn't come into it as much, though I will be rather chuffed when I finally cross the hip line!

Lize
July 3rd, 2008, 02:50 AM
a 100%? That would be virgin hair at hip or tailbone length.

crystal_89
July 5th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Perhaps virgin, one length, tailbone length hair will make me happy. If I don't change my mind in the time it would take me to get there.

Sarahmoon
July 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Reachable right?
I'm not sure if it's reachable, but classic length hair, a bit trimmed to get rid of some split ends and overall healthy looking. And I hope that if I might turn grey before I'm 40 I'll find a nice, natural product to get the hair back to its original colour :)

Alun
July 5th, 2008, 02:20 PM
My goal is tailbone, and I think it's reachable within a year. That will make me a happy for a while, but you see my hair is so tapered that it will really only mean that half a dozen hairs have reached that long. It will take years for the rest to catch up, if ever!

Elenna
July 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
My APL hair was damaged by years of dying (ha, ha, I mean the hair dye here). But the ends are dry, tangle and break off easily.

My goal is to cut off all the damage and grow hair at least to BSL.

I wish my hair was pretty. I see such pretty hair here on LHC all the time.

nappywomyn
July 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I don't know!

I'm mildly unhappy with the length (too short, too short, too short) but I figure that in another two years, I'll be content with the length. I love my texture, and I love my density, and generally, as long as I do what my hair tells me to, it's fine, so..... yes. Just the length.

moon-flower
July 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Mine is also when I get my previous thickness back. Especially hope the ends will thicken, which I still think is possible without trims, right? Otherwise knee length is fine, just wish I had more overall thickness so I won't think I'll be bald, at age 35.

Elanor
July 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
When I've gotten rid of the shortest layers so that my end's won't be so thin, and when my hair is about waist lenght.

kwaniesiam
July 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Length is not as important as thickness and overall health. Once my hair regains close to its old thickness, I will be happy and the extra length will just be added bonus.

bikerblue
July 13th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I'm aiming for waist but will be happy when it's mid back - then it will start to feel long.

Tarí Felagund
July 13th, 2008, 06:27 AM
i'll be happy with healthy,hiplengh hair :) i look forward.just few years

nostalgic
July 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I have 3 goals that will make me more than happy:
1. BSL with all of my layers even (this is probably a 2ish yr process and I want long hair for my wedding!)
2. waist length and work on building/maintaining thickness
3. waist length was my original goal but I'm thinking what I really envision is more along the lines of tailbone length: so if I can manage it at that point and it doesn't look too thin, that's where I hope to be!
check back with me in 5ish years :p

Forest
July 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I am already fairly happy with my hair but the shortest parts around my face annoys me due to a bad hair cut + it won't stay in a pony tail so for me I will be happy when that short part is a little bit longer. :)Than I will happily await the hair to grow longer and longer. I think I will be very happy as soon as I reach BSL (dry hair), I am not sure yet if I will go for longer than that. :confused:

Wind Dragon
July 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Since I found out my hair hits terminal before it gets to my original goal, I've had to revise what I'll be "happy" with. Since cutting off way more than I meant to, I'm redoing much of the journey, this time with no layering except my natural "perma-layers," and I really think I'll be happy with it when it gets back to waist, healthy and trimmed (which is where I meant to trim to.) It's pitifully thin at the ends even there, but I know now that's just my hair, not anything I'm doing wrong. Makes a huge difference in my perception. :blossom:

KittyCat
July 13th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'd already be happy with APL;). I'll also be much happier when my bangs grown past my chin!

Finoriel
July 13th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I am not at all unhappy with my hair, never have been really unhappy with it.
So the correct answer for me is: Now :meditate: I´m happy with my hair as it is.

wavestogrow
July 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'll be happy with my hair when it is waist length curly (it will have to be much longer than that when straight). I also want to thicken up my ends big time. I am probably going to be cutting several inches off in order to get thicker ends now (after some major sheds) so getting to waist will still be a while. I really just want the shedding to lessen and I will be happy with my hair. I am happy with my curls.

Meli
July 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
A reachable goal that makes me happy (well, at least happier) is when I get back to the longest I have had this far - 39", a little below TBL. This time my hair will be a lot healthier than it was back then.

A long term goal, which might be reachable, is to get the full potential of length and thickness (and as 100% damage free hair is most likely only a dream, it would be with as little damage as possible). That would take a full growth cycle, given that I don't get some big shed or hair accident in the mean time.

maria_asa
July 14th, 2008, 02:38 AM
At the moment I would be happy to get to TB with a thick(ish) hemline.
Although if the hair fairy came along and made it possible for me to reach mid-thigh with a blunt hemline I would be totally satisfied.

Country Cowcurl
July 16th, 2008, 04:26 AM
i'd be happy at this point just to get my hair back at waist-length......i haven't paid much attention to it, tho, and it seems as tho i only need 3 more inches!!

yrrebwartsymssi
July 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
when the front of my hair is apl, with curls and all, not stretched

Ranee
July 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I will be happy when I will have no more of the old damage and layers (chin lenght.) 3 more years to g(r)o!

ZaBasDa
July 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I will be happy:
when my hair lost from shedding grows back, almost a full inch of hair.
if my hair stops losing the curl the longer it gets; it looks only wavy most days.
when the bleached sections have been saturated to burgundy with henna.
when my hair is healthy and thick at hip length when curly.
if I can find a way to get green in my hair without bleach. So when I get a silver/white streak.
oh and when I learn to do all these cool braids on my own head.

Even though I have a fairly hefty list of things that will make me happy, I am rather content with my hair as it is right now.

Chromis
July 31st, 2008, 06:05 AM
I'm already happy with my hair. Further growth just sends me to "thrilled" :D

ChatoyantLocks
August 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm already happy with my hair. Further growth just sends me to "thrilled" :D

What an excellent way to phrase that, Chromis! I've been trying for two days to figure out how to explain that I like my hair now, and yet I expect to like it even more in the future, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with it now, and your phrasing just nails it! :)

Teazel
August 4th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I've achieved all the goals I set for my hair when I joined LHC, so I'm pretty happy with it the way it is now. It's soft and glossy all the way to the ends, I've got rid of the layers, and I'm reconciled to the silver.

Recently I made the decision to see if I can get to fingertip length, so the journey continues, but this time I'm in no great hurry. :)

peachrose
August 4th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I would love my hair to reach between waist and tb length with a slight V hemline.... Since I am at APL now with very minimal layering I think it will be about 3 years to reach this goal. I'm going to try to focus on the mini-steps first, I'll be pretty excited when I reach BSL!

Darian Moone
August 4th, 2008, 12:52 AM
When I finally get back to hip/tailbone (gotta stay away from scissors!). Then I'll be in hair bliss!

Monsterkitti
August 4th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Think I would be happy if I can get to waist with a blunt hemline and eventually grow out all my silly layers so I can actually do a neat updo :)

Shorty89
August 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'm actually pretty hair happy right now. I know what works and what doesn't, my hair is past my original goal length... I'd say I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't mind a bit more thickness at the ends, but meh.

thankyousir74
August 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Probably when it's TB or classic.... But I get happy with every inch I gain so, the fact that it's only getting longer gets me hair happy all the time. And when it's all hennaed too
^___^

Delenn
August 7th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm going to add myself to the "happy right now" pile, my long hair is back and I feel like myself again. This time around I'm armed with a haircare routine that works for me, lots and lots of hair toys, and a wealth of updo styles courtesy of LHC.

Eireann
August 7th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think I'll be happy at waist, but I'll still want to keep growing to tailbone, or maybe even classic. At waist, though, I'll finally feel like a real long hair and not just a "hollywood" long hair!

bowie
August 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Not to sound so morally upright---or uptight LOL---but I became happy with my hair once I started seeing friends and other people I have come to know lose theirs due to cancer treatments. Now, I don't care the length as much, I care about it's health and my body health. Everything just falls into place after that.

Hurray4Henna
August 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I will be happy with my hair when it's tailbone and free from old chemical colour and henna.

Elenna
August 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'd be happy when all the old dyed hair is finally trimmed off.

Mainly, I would like my hair to be in good condition, and one color.

Bene
August 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
my hair will be happy when it's waist length AFTER it's dry, which means it will probably be longer when wet. it'll also be happy when aside from the length, it's soft and shiny and nice and thick.

i must add, that since i've been looking around on this forum, my hair has been more content than it has been in years :)

Andromeda
August 8th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I'll be happy when my hair reaches waist length and when it turns mostly silver so that I can stop coloring it.

zen_oven
August 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'll be happy when I hit BSL and no longer have such dramatic layers. It's gonna be a while . . .:(

pariate
August 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I know I'll be much happier when I'be gained a few inches in overall length and have also decreased the gap between my layer and my general hemline! So I'll check in here in six months and let you know ;)

Xi
August 10th, 2008, 04:36 PM
A little thicker, a little softer, a little longer would be nice -- but I'm surprisingly hair happy at the moment (perhaps because I made my very first French braid today, and my hair was obedient for once!).

Good luck to all in our hair happiness quests!

VanillaTresses
August 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
After thinking about it, I have decided that I am happy with the length that my hair is at today (BSL with short bangs). After growing from nothing in May 2006, it has kind of been one of my major goals just to get to this point. Everything from here on out is going to be icing on the cake, so to speak! :)

Celebrian
August 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I was thinking about this today, and really, I'd be happy if I could settle on what makes my hair happy in terms of cleaning and conditioning. Oh and coloring!

I still seem to spend too much time in search of Holy Hair Grails - trying this thing one week and something else the next. It's rather silly really, and I'm trying to turn my attention away from worrying about all that, and simplifying my routines!

pariate
August 11th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I still seem to spend too much time in search of Holy Hair Grails - trying this thing one week and something else the next. It's rather silly really, and I'm trying to turn my attention away from worrying about all that, and simplifying my routines!

I have a tendency to be like that too. Then I went through a phase of doing NOTHING kind to my hair and I've only been back on the wagon for a few weeks. I've managed to cut my routine down quite a bit though - just simple CO with a diluted shampoo to clarify every now and again; with the AGO leave-in and a little oil. Let's see how long I can stick to the simple life :wink:

sahiba
August 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
When not one hair would shed or break.

pariate
August 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
When not one hair would shed or break.

A nice easy target then ;)

Adrienne
August 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I will be happy when this curly hair is blunt chin length with shrinkage. That will thrill me. OR BSl stretched....... I don't know how long that will be with shrinkage........... but it will probably be at least chin length.

tigerlily83
August 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'll be hair happy when my hair gets back to APL, like it was last summer before I chopped off my hair. But I'll be even happier when it gets past that. :)

sipnsun
August 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I will be 100% happy when my hair is at hip length, no layers or chemicals and healthy! I don't know if it will ever get there, but I'm gonna keep on trying!

dorothea-brooke
August 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
My immediate goal is to get to waist, and then maintain for a while to get the hemline more blunt. (I've got some major Vee-age going on already, and I'm just a bit past BSL!)

Don't know if I'll be totally happy then.... Still gotta get to TB with no layers -- but since that's years off, let's say I'll be "content" with the above.

Yeah ... content. :violin:

nucleardelusion
August 12th, 2008, 12:20 PM
At least waist length, and less damaged than the last time it was that long would keep me happy for a while. :)

Daoine Sidhe
August 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
When all the damage at the ends of my hair is gone! healthy hair :cloud9:

kowlrea
August 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
my hair will be happy at WL , after i get to HL and cut off about 2+ inches

Juneii
August 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
when I finally get rid of my layers. it bugs me so much because my hair bends at the layers around my shoulder T___T I'll be happy once the shortest layer is at my bra strap at least, if not my elbow.
I'll be 100% hair happy when I'm at TB.
after seeing everyone's hair I kinda want to grow my hair to classic now >_<

D-eath
August 18th, 2008, 03:24 AM
When I got my hair about 10cm longer with getting rid of my hair nests. Maybe I'd try to rinse the next time and wash 2 times a week. Just an idea...

rubyann
August 23rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Hair happiness would be waist length with all the chemical color damage cut off. That's maybe two years away, if not more.

I'm happy that I'm getting to BSL when stretched straight. Just wish the old, dry damage could be healed.

arylkin
October 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Now that I'm nearly at waist (!), I'm looking forward to the day (far in the future) where my braid when in the front reaches to my waist. My more long term goal is to be able to do a crown braid.

kwaniesiam
October 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'll be happy when I can manage a simple everyday updo that contains all of my hair, so probably in another year. I'm at an awkward phase right now, can't quite get it all in a ponytail :rolleyes:

Vitalai
October 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'll be happy at BSL length and beyond. I wish my hair could be thicker and softer, too.

Chanterelle
October 18th, 2008, 03:56 AM
At BSL length and without layers. A long way to go ;)

Addy
October 18th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I became hair happy as soon as I joined this site and started EVOO and ACV! :D I'll be estatic once I hit BSL and beyond and grow out my chemically dyed hair to my natural mousey brown hair highlighted with streaks of gray here and there! :joy:

I will be overloaded and hardly containing myself once I get to hip length so I may need to be entered into a drug induced coma and brought out slowly so I don't have a heart attack! :D

I love my hair right now! :eyebrows: I have come a long way from being hacked on and hating everything about it over a year ago to absolutely lovin it! Thanks LHC!

Dolly
October 18th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Well, I have learned that sometimes what we THINK will make us (or our hair) happy really won't do it.

In 2003 I started growing out my bangs and layers, thinking that if my hair was all one length and healthier, I would be happy. So, I spent 3 years getting it to BSL and all one length (except for the little sprouts of new growth, which you always have). Guess what? I decided that I really didn't like it. And, I wore it like that for 2 years......not being able to do much at all with it, because my friends said...."GEE I wish my hair was long and all one length".....I wear it down 95% of the time.....I didn't like putting it up because (1) I am not good at updos and (2) I don't really like how I look with no bangs when I would pull it back (I looked like a big peeled onion).

Well, since I had gone well beyond the 2 week rule, I cut in some wispy bangs myself, had long layers added to the sides (so I can style it), and had the hemline rounded into a soft "u" shape (within a span of 10 days.....one change at a time).

Know what? I love my hair!! The layers are long enough that I can put it in a bun or braid or ponytail and I don't have the big peeled onion forehead going on, I can curl it and style it to my heart's content, and it is still long and healthy and still growing!!!

I know I am going against the norm here......actually layering when others are trying to grow them out, tapering the hemline instead of going blunt, wearing it down most of the time instead of up.....I'm a wierdo!

But, I guess all I'm saying is to do what makes YOU happy.....I have seen so many stories on here about people cutting because their friends/spouse/boyfriend want them to. That makes me CRINGE. I had friends who said.....OMG.....you spent so MUCH time getting your hair to all one length and now you LAYERED it and got bangs? They think I'm crazy.....just like the flaming red dye that I put in it......BUT, guess what? It's MY hair!!!

OK, I'm sorry if my rant went beyond the scope of the thread.....the only thing that would make me happier right now are things that really can't be controlled....I wish it was naturally red, naturally curly, hip length, and thicker......maybe the longer and thicker can be accomplished (if my hair cooperates), but the other 2 will just have to be accomplished through artificial means, I guess.....

Honigwein
October 18th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I´ll be 100% happy with my hair when it´ll get free of old chemicals it still has and reach at least classic length.

may1em
October 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM
April. By April I should reach my length goal (hip with U hemline), and it will have taken four years to grow out from ear length.

Actually, I'm ok with it now, but I'd like a little more length.

By next April (2010), all the hair that was on my head when I started (at first unintentionally) growing will have been trimmed off and then the overall condition should start improving dramatically as I continue to maintain at hip. Before I stopped going to the salon regularly, I blowdried with a round brush on high heat four or five times a week until there was no moisture left. That means the ends split wicked easy. I'm not willing to give up that much length at once now, but I'm switching from annual salon trips to slightly more frequent self-trims.

toocurly
October 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I'll be happy when my hair will be between APL and BSL and I started to see the length. Now it seems like I stuck in shoulder length forever even if I see my hair growing.

peachy.pudding
October 20th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I am happy now but my ulimate goal is in two years at tbl

GlassEyes
October 20th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Ibeelieve I'll be 'content' with my hair once it' about MBL/the male equivalent of mid-BSL.

I won't STOP there, for sure,ut that'll be a length where I'll be 'okay, I'm happy now. ON TO CLASSIC'. XD

ImmortaLamia
October 20th, 2008, 05:06 AM
so happy i will be the next year after summer ...looonger ..past tailbone i guess it will be..cause yesterday i noticed i'm a little past waist lenght, oh and happyer when it's gets more gold-ish after some treatments :D

NeilTheFuzz
October 20th, 2008, 05:13 AM
I'd be completely happy with my hair if I could gain a little more length and figure out a hair care routine that I could stick to that results in the hair style I would like.

TBH, I am very rarely displeased with my hair - I guess I'm lucky :)

ClareDee
October 20th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I'm happy with my hair in general... particularly now that I can put it in a ponytail and get it out of my face. But my ideal would be waist-length with a slight U-shape hemline and maybe some shorter layers around my face to soften it up. I'm not sure about the face-framing, but definitely I want waist-length.

I was having doubts, for a while there, and considering BSL or slightly-past BSL... but I realised I was mostly too worried about other people around me would say. I think they'd accept BSL as a hair-length but are likely to see WL as "too long".

Now I've decided, I will go for what I'd like, and deal with the "too long" bridge when/if I hopefully come to it ;)

chrissy-b
October 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'll be hair happy when my hair has a mostly even hemline at BSL. That's not where I'm stopping, of course, but I think at that point I'll feel like my hair isn't really short anymore.

Melisande
October 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'll be hair happy when I pass hip length, where I stopped when my hair was longest. But I'm quite happy also now. My hair routine is established, I know good solutions to all my problems, I enjoy my hair. I'm certainly much happier than when I still thought I have to keep my hair shoulder length!

BlackfootHair
October 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Waist length and maybe a slight U hem. All henna. :) No layers. It's going to be a while!

lacroixhc
October 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I have very layered hair and i will be happy if i can ever get the top layer to grow beyond chin length! The hair on the crown of my head is thinner and more prone to breakage and just seems like it never grows, while the rest of my hair grows like a weed and is perfectly healthy... thus this layered nonsense. why???

Nanni
October 20th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm happy when my hair is tailbone length, healthy and no more fairytail ends. I guess it will take about 2 years.

RocketDog
October 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
My ultimate goal is hair that just skims my tailbone when dry, dye-free and healthy.

My more immediate goal is to get the dyed stuff cut off, but I've got a good 6-8 months more growing to do before my virgin hair is shoulder-length, which is when I'll be comfortable cutting off the old stuff.

Spike
October 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'll be happier when I get to BSL and can put it UP. Right now I'm in just past the ears hell--too long to stay out of my face (sticks out lower lip and *poofs* bangs upward again) and too short to manipulate.

I miss braiding it, I miss pulling it into a quick messy bun and securing it with a ballpoint pen (which always amazed the co-workers), I miss tying it into a huge overhand knot and felling it slowly slither out.

Not sorry I cut it, but two years is a very long time whne instant gratification takes too long.

Speckla
October 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
My hair will be happy when all the dye has grown out, 36" long, and 100% virgin!
________
Vaporizer Review (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

renarok
October 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I am hair happy today.

Arctic_Mama
October 21st, 2008, 04:13 AM
I am not sure I'll ever reach 'hair nirvana', as hair is a constant process and journey and what length I prefer will probably change, I'll cut, I'll grow back, etc. My 'reachable' happiness for a shorter term goal is classic length with no layers, no dye, no excessive damage and blunt ends. I just know how WOW my hair will be and I'll be thrilled. But truthfully I'd like to achieve that same ideal at knee or calf. Problem is I think my hair, being SO huge and heavy, will likely either overwhelm my 5'1" frame or really bother my head/neck.

Either way, we'll see. Only one way to find out :eyebrows:

Robinlyn
October 21st, 2008, 08:38 AM
I will be happy when my hair is at my tailbone and eventually having all virgin hair!!

eta: But today I am happy that my hair is growing and looking healthy with each new day!

Taliesin
October 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hmmmm, I'd have to say there are stages to this "happiness".

Stage 1 is shoulder length. Last time I grew, hitting that goal started to ease the sense of lingering impatience a little and it'll be long enough for a ponytail. Rather than "happy", I'm hoping to have found...contentment, at this stage ;)

Stage 2 APL Not too far away from the above, but it will be SO nice to have hair PAST my shoulders again! A little bit more contentment here!

Stage 3 is getting back to my old length, which was somewhere between mid back and waist. At that point I will be truly happy with it.

Queen V
November 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Honestly, I'm hair happy now at APL and am enjoying each phase of its growth. However, I'll be hair giddy at waist-length.

Sighridh
November 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I will be hair happy when it has reached waist length and looks decent. Hair happier will be around hip length with all the old dye and layers cut out.

meganb990
November 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
I can't wait till I can get my hair to bsl length again and this time I refuse to dye my hair with anything other than henna so hopefully my hair won't become fried like last time.

tiny_teesha
November 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
What will make me 100% happy won't happen, i cant magically change my hair type and colour, but for me to be happy with the way my hair is, i would have grown out my damaged hair and have hair to my tail bone! All virgin or herbal streaks no chemical. And maybe a bleach stripe for fun. I hope it will thicken up too like it was when i was younger!

Raven69
November 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
I can't wait to grow out all the dyed/fried hair, cut all that off and then grow it down to the floor, donate from my shoulders to the floor to locks of love and then let it grow again down to my knees and I'll be happy...maybe then I will try to get it dyed a raven-blueish color...

galleth
November 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
I am happier with my hair that I've ever been before. I think it's because I've learned to embrace the way my hair really is instead of fighting it.

Now, I'll be very very happy once I get rid of all the old bleached hair (that's pretty much from my chin down), and when it is at waist. I'm not sure yet if I'll cut layers or not, but for this winter, I won't do anything to it.

mommy101405
November 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
when these stupid bangs are long enough to do something with :(

helen2806
November 3rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'm waiting for my hair to reach around waist length, but I like to have shorter layers at the front so maybe when they get to about the equivalent of BSL, and also when I've completely sorted out my colour as the ends are a bit too light for me

meriellyn
January 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I'm happy as a pig in poop now that I'm at waist length. I'll be even happier once I get a little trim and ridiculously happy to get a little past tailbone. :)

rapunzhell13
January 20th, 2009, 04:11 AM
I'll be happy to reach waist, blunt hemline and completely virgin. Everything from then on is a much appreciated bonus. :)

Nutty
January 20th, 2009, 04:20 AM
I'll be happy when my fringe and sides are at APL and have recovered from all the damage from straigtening it soo much!!

sandigirl
January 20th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I am at my happiest right now. I have had every length from BSL to rear end. I am back up to BSL because of severe tangling issues that resulted in me dreading washing.

JamieLeigh
January 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I'm pretty darn happy with it now! LOL. I wish it could be thicker, but it's genetics. :rolleyes: Can't really help that. I will be ecstatic when it finally reaches classic length; in another couple of inches, I will stop the trimming! (But it all has to reach classic together before the trimming stops...unfortunately the front grows more slowly than the rest. But I will wait for it, if I have to maintain at mid-butt-length for a couple of years!) :D

peachrose
January 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I will be very happy when my hair reaches a inch past waist and I can trim an inch of somewhat damaged ends offf.

I will be in heaven when it grows down to TB length wavy :)

janeytilllie
January 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I would be very happy when my hemline is straight and my layers have all grown out. Im aiming to get to knee length, one day i will get there!:cheer:

elbow chic
January 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I'm actually pretty happy with it now-- this is hands-down the best it's ever looked "this long" (which for me means just past shoulder. :p)

For that, I can only thank TLHC to teach me the value of protective hairstyles, and to give me the courage to skip the silly "every 6 week trim" rule which had frustrated my previous attempts so much.

But it's exciting to have a new goal to shoot for, which for me is APL.

APL will look like LONG hair on me, and I'm so excited to see it! :D

Nera
January 20th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I would be 100% happy with shiny, curly locks, past waist lenth. it would take me about 4 years I figured...

LHGypsyRose
January 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I am already happy with my hair but..I think I will be even happier with it when I have reached a length that I am satisfied with enough to be able to maitain that length, and continuously trim to thicken my ends up more (although they aren't thin by any means).

Yedda
January 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'll be happy when my hair touches my bra strap and is healthy and back to my natural hair color. I will also be happy when I find out what routine is best for me and learn how to do different buns and updo's with ease.

:rolleyes:

LittleOrca
March 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I will be 100% happy with my hair when it is 66 inches long and the ends are blunt, but I wont cut off the ends until it's probably 60 inches or close to that.

Adrienne
March 17th, 2009, 02:01 AM
When my hair is Blunt, Chin Length, with all the curly shrinkage

The Stupid Front is taking FOREVER to grow out!!!!!!!!!!!!

sapphire-o
March 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I'd like to reach classic length for once, with more than 10 pieces of hair at the end. :D I also wish my scalp would stop reacting to everything and let me enjoy all sorts of hair products. I don't have much complaints regarding the hair itself.

Pegasus Marsters
March 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Hip length red hair that's manageable and won't be constantly tangled. And yes, I think this is achievable using chemical dye.

Now if only I could get it to hip and make it stop growing, because doing my roots is a PITA. :lol:

Katze
March 17th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Hair at my waist with a non seethrough hemline. My coarser underlayer and longest layer from the old shag haircut finally as long as the rest of my hair.

This will take a while, I realize. Meanwhile I am trying to be patient. :)

Gutterfayrie
March 17th, 2009, 04:37 AM
when all of my old bleached out ends are trimmed out and its hip length.

BlueHaired
March 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
My hair happiness is at waist length and completely natural color.

joyellen
March 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I'll be happy with my hair the first time when I reach waist and after the bulk of the layers/dye damage has been trimmed away. I'll be happy the second time when I reach hip with healthy ends.

AmyJorgensen
March 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm already at waist...so I'd be happy to be always tangle free with no split ends even though I wear it loose over half the time...sounds like the impossible dream.

nitagurl
April 28th, 2017, 01:26 PM
When i reach deep classic with a soft U hemline. Health is an assumed requirement.

Groovy Granny
April 28th, 2017, 01:53 PM
My hair has behaved perfectly since becoming mostly silver ~
I found the HG products/regimen for my type, have a nice list of style options, and a love my humble collection of hair toys with coordinating/matching earrings.
I have been 'hair happy' for most of the past year, but I am especially happy now ~ having met all my hair goals since joining LHC & growing from chin in 2013 to my end goal of Hip :joy:

ETA 8/31/18: I am celebrating 5 years here on Sept 2, am now at BCL, and still very happy :flowers:

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 28th, 2017, 02:07 PM
When I feel hair on my butt. :D

lithostoic
April 28th, 2017, 02:21 PM
When my hair is all virgin.

MoonRabbit
April 28th, 2017, 02:42 PM
When all my layers are grown out, and when it finally feels Long to me.

Hay_jules
April 28th, 2017, 03:38 PM
My hair has behaved perfectly since becoming mostly silver ~
I found the HG products/regimen for my type, have a nice list of style options, and a love my humble collection of hair toys with coordinating/matching earrings.
I have been 'hair happy' for most of the past year, but I am especially happy now ~ having met all my hair goals since joining LHC & growing from chin in 2013 :joy:

This is wonderful to hear (read). :flower:

Hay_jules
April 28th, 2017, 03:42 PM
I'm not currently unhappy with it...but I'll be happier when my layers are gone, when i can do all the buns and braids, and when my bleach is cut out and I have WL virgin hair.

TheJourney
April 28th, 2017, 04:41 PM
When I feel like I have long hair. For me BSL is the "start" of long hair. So when my hair gets there I will be able to relax and enjoy the journey to TBL.

Groovy Granny
April 28th, 2017, 05:04 PM
This is wonderful to hear (read). :flower:

I can relate to the layers...and the grow out (started at chin)! (((Hugs)))

Re:Color....I got skunked by a stylist who fried my hair green and had to get a 12 inch chop :(
Another salon got my hair to it's natural color and I haven't touched it since.
I was 50....so 15 years ago.

Wishing you all the best :flowers:

Cg
April 28th, 2017, 05:17 PM
I'm happy with it now. It's healthy since I joined LHC plus I've found some beautiful sticks and forks. Longer will be better, though!

Aredhel
April 28th, 2017, 05:36 PM
In another 12-ish inches, I'll definitely be happy with my hair. :p Right now I'm just indifferent.

school of fish
April 28th, 2017, 08:13 PM
I'm quite happy with it now at TBL and have no desire to grow longer, but I'll be even happier when my layers are all grown out ;)

I remind myself frequently of how far I've come in regaining my hair's health after rehabing it from a damaged state, and every gain I see makes me happy :) I really try to enjoy every achievement every step of the way, and take none of them for granted.

LauraLongLocks
April 28th, 2017, 10:15 PM
I made a point of enjoying my hair at every length. It made growing it out lots more fun than waiting to be happy until I reached a certain length goal.

I love my hair now. Love it. I also loved it when it was shoulder length and a bit shorter and I could blow it dry and wear it flipped out in back. I loved my hair every step of the way, and I still do!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 28th, 2017, 10:30 PM
I love my hair now. But I shall be content, in two years, the next year to reach knee, and the year after that maintaining to thicken the ends. As for virgin hair, I'm not too worried it will happen when it happens.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the journey and that's the main thing.

Siv
April 29th, 2017, 04:36 AM
I made a point of enjoying my hair at every length. It made growing it out lots more fun than waiting to be happy until I reached a certain length goal.

I love my hair now. Love it. I also loved it when it was shoulder length and a bit shorter and I could blow it dry and wear it flipped out in back. I loved my hair every step of the way, and I still do!

I feel like this should be my new outlook on life in general, just not my hair-journey!

Groovy Granny
April 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM

Absolutely...I am always saying that :flower:

Your hair looks beautiful Laura; good to see you :)

littlestarface
April 29th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I'll never be hair happy... unless my hair decides to instantly double its thickness :eyebrows:

bparnell75
April 29th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I'll never be hair happy... unless my hair decides to instantly double its thickness :eyebrows:

this is what I am thinking. Length is good at tailbone, but the fairy tale ends are so thin. I can hardly tell I have had any growth in the last year as the long hairs shed faster than growth rate. I am thinking i must be at terminal. So I just make myself happy making hair toys to go in what I do have.

littlestarface
April 29th, 2017, 12:29 PM
this is what I am thinking. Length is good at tailbone, but the fairy tale ends are so thin. I can hardly tell I have had any growth in the last year as the long hairs shed faster than growth rate. I am thinking i must be at terminal. So I just make myself happy making hair toys to go in what I do have.

Same! It's heartbreaking always seeing those very long strands shed. Me too, up it goes.

remlapthide
April 29th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I will be hair happy when my bangs have grown out and I have gotten rid of this black hair dye.

LauraLongLocks
April 29th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I feel like this should be my new outlook on life in general, just not my hair-journey! I have been grappling with this as a life outlook, too. Sometimes I need to just step back and be thankful for the blessings in my life, rather than always scrutinizing the shortcomings.

Absolutely...I am always saying that :flower:

Your hair looks beautiful Laura; good to see you :) Thanks, Groovy Granny. It's good to be around a little more. <3

Joyful Mystery
April 29th, 2017, 03:43 PM

I love this. <3

Siv
April 30th, 2017, 12:40 AM
I have been grappling with this as a life outlook, too. Sometimes I need to just step back and be thankful for the blessings in my life, rather than always scrutinizing the shortcomings.

Interesting how hair-growing can give insights into the "philosophy of life" :) Thanks for sharing!

And of course I meant "not just my hair-journey" rather than "just not my hair-journey". A little typo, but I reaslised it kind of changed the whole meaning of the sentence, and I can't edit my posts yet lol!

lizardspots
May 2nd, 2017, 09:29 AM
I am already pretty happy with my hair. I know I haven't reached my goal yet (tailbone with all the bleach & layers grown out) and I will never have thick hair, but I'm learning to love it as it is. I love that it rarely tangles, is easy to wash/dry, grows quickly, and has no split ends.

Why make ourselves miserable by striving for something we cannot achieve? Marvel at the achievements we've managed so far in our hair journeys! :flower:

Aredhel
May 2nd, 2017, 09:33 AM
I am already pretty happy with my hair. I know I haven't reached my goal yet (tailbone with all the bleach & layers grown out) and I will never have thick hair, but I'm learning to love it as it is. I love that it rarely tangles, is easy to wash/dry, grows quickly, and has no split ends.

Why make ourselves miserable by striving for something we cannot achieve? Marvel at the achievements we've managed so far in our hair journeys! :flower:

This is a very positive outlook, and always a good reminder to everyone! :flower: Definitely something I need to remind myself from time to time. :)

lottiealice
May 3rd, 2017, 09:53 AM
I mean, my dream hair is knee length with slight fairy tailing and zero split ends. Ideally my natural auburn or white blonde. Perfect condition, thick. Never going to happen though. I'm happy for now that it's in better condition than it was before I cut it, and I'll hopefully be happy with less splits and at least mid thigh.

likelikepenny
May 3rd, 2017, 06:43 PM
I'll be happy at hip length because I feel it's the perfect length for me. It will be a cascade of curls stopping at the small of my back, thick and voluminous.

*sigh* I'll be truly happy then.

lizardspots
May 3rd, 2017, 07:50 PM
This is a very positive outlook, and always a good reminder to everyone! :flower: Definitely something I need to remind myself from time to time. :)

I try to remind myself of this regularly, when I see someone with gorgeous thick locks and I feel that twinge of jealousy. My hair is the longest and healthiest it's ever been, thanks to LHC. And you are a major hair inspiration for me, Aredhel. :flowers: We have similar hair types, although you have way more hair than me (I have 2.25" thickness)

Aredhel
May 3rd, 2017, 09:57 PM
I try to remind myself of this regularly, when I see someone with gorgeous thick locks and I feel that twinge of jealousy. My hair is the longest and healthiest it's ever been, thanks to LHC. And you are a major hair inspiration for me, Aredhel. :flowers: We have similar hair types, although you have way more hair than me (I have 2.25" thickness)
That is incredibly sweet of you lizardspots, thank you so much! :love: Your hair is perfectly lovely - my DH has 2.25" thickness too and his hair is also beautiful. :)

cactus89
May 3rd, 2017, 10:32 PM
I'm happy with it now, but I will be even happier when my bangs have grown long enough to be included in my buns and ponytails.

AZDesertRose
May 4th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I'm fairly happy with mine as it is (roughly waist length). I'll always wish the texture were more manageable; it is too wavy to be straight but too straight to be curly, which makes it somewhat difficult sometimes, but meh. It's nice and thick (any thicker and it would probably be even more difficult to manage, and any thinner and I'd wig out because it's been thick my whole life), and I like the color (naturally dark reddish brown, made redder by henna). It would be nice if the seborrheic dermatitis would go away too, but that's fairly manageable with the prescription shampoo.

So I think I'm fairly content with mine, all things considered. ;)

SunnyRose
May 6th, 2017, 08:35 AM
When my hair is soft but also wavy. I am okay with my hair as it is now but the hard water where I live makes it so I can hardly ring my fingers through my hair. It only feels soft and moisturized the wash after clarifying.

Agnes Hannah
May 6th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty happy with it now really, it has reached classic and I didn't think it would, but hoped it would. It did. Its still growing. It does need regular trims now to thicken up the ends and it needs a henna treatment as my roots are coming through. Its not thick, but its mine and yep I'm happy with that.

mermaid lullaby
May 6th, 2017, 12:52 PM
I will be happy when my hair is soft

meteor
May 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
I'm definitely very happy with my hair as it is. I mean, that's the only head of hair I've got, so might as well enjoy it! :D

Sure, I sometimes wish it wouldn't tangle and was easier to wash and dry, but seriously, that's probably the price to pay for thickness and length anyway, and that's such a small price. I still sometimes wish it were still blonde, but I'm not willing to use any bleach or to worry about roots, and I love this hair color, as well. I'm definitely happy and looking forward to continuing the hair journey! :D

Henrietta
May 18th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Just give me the last 4.5 cm (1.8") and then a couple more so that I'll be able to trim back to classic with thicker ends and I will be completely satisfied. I'll still be waiting for the thickness to travel down, but that will be over 100% of satisfaction :D

I used to be unhappy with my texture and dream about 1a mirror-like sheet of hair hanging down my back, but now I stopped. I manager to make the best out of my hair type and, when it's properly taken care of, it's actually great :)

Corvana
May 18th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Even though WL is my goal, I think anything over BSL would really be more of a bonus. Hitting BSL with an even cut would make me very happy. Oh and also learning how to braid better. That'd definitely add to it!

esfand
May 19th, 2017, 07:36 AM
I want butt length hair! But I also want to grow it down to my knees so I can sell a portion of it.

unheardletters
May 19th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I want longer than waist, no layers, and blunt hemline. I'll be happy with that, I'm not sure what length I want it to be, but most likely hip or classic. I'm growing to fingertip to see where I like it at.

littleghost
May 19th, 2017, 11:49 AM
When my hair is waist length and healthy (gonna be a while but getting closer)
Also when my hair is finally all one length and my damn bangs are grown out

Nastasiya
May 28th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Probably when I grow the hair dye out.
On the other hand I think I will never be hair happy.

Serimel
May 28th, 2017, 09:46 AM
When my hair is all virgin hair and reaches at least tailbone. I wish all of my hair to be same length as well but it's not my priority number one. I think that's at least 4 years from now since I have only 6 months worth of virgin hair at the moment.

dollhair
May 28th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be hair happy... my goals keep getting longer and longer D: it started with just wl without layers and now I'm coming close to classic and I don't think that length will be enough either. Maybe knee length hair that is all natural will make me 100% happy.