PDA

View Full Version : Caruso for curly hair

PhillyGirl1978@
January 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Ok, so my hair is about waist length now and I must have some super curls cause I'll tell you...they really don't seem to stretch out at all. I do have parts that don't curl the way I'd like and I would occasionally like for the curls to be bigger, looser...more manageable. So I was looking up Caruso, do you think that would work on me to reform some of the too tight curls and maybe add curl to the parts that don't curl as much? I don't wanna straighten cause I like curls, body, waves ...and my hair is so long that the time it would take me to straighten would really damage it. So what do you guys think? Should I invest? I've tried braid waves and bun waves...they just look funky like mishapen curls. I even have henna on my head and that does nothing to loosen them....SUPER CURLS...! lol

SlightlySoprano
January 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Have you tried combing them out while they're drying?

Rocket22
January 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
well I don't know anything about curly hair but you could invest in the system and if it doesn't work or you are not happy with it you can return it... when I just bought mine I ask what the return policy was and I have 60 days to return just keep receipt. :)

UltraBella
January 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Some sections of my hair are really "fuzzy" with tight waves and I like a smoother look. The Caruso works well for me, it smooths out my frizz and gives me nice bouny, big curls. I love it !

LaurelSpring
January 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I think its probably a good idea. I love mine but Im looking to get curls. When I was looking around for some replacement rollers recently I noticed that alot of African American women were using them and I think I saw something on a youtube so I think its a good bet that it would work.

PhillyGirl1978@
January 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hmm....ok. Maybe I'll try it. I have tried combing out my curls while drying, it is a taxing event. It just comes out big, tangly and shapeless. My hair is constantly reminding me, that it wants to be curly and that's all there is too say. I have to also add that I am biracial (black and white) so parts of it are really course and parts are finer. It is very receptive to curly though...I mean when I used to straighten my hair, all I had to do was put a scrunchy in to tie it back and I would get waves, if I used rollers the curls set really tight. So, may Caruso would be good...and if it isn't damaging then why not.

So you have to be completely dry when you use it??

PhillyGirl1978@
January 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Some sections of my hair are really "fuzzy" with tight waves and I like a smoother look. The Caruso works well for me, it smooths out my frizz and gives me nice bouny, big curls. I love it !

I certainly want bigger curls. And certain parts that I'd like shaped a little differently.