PDA

View Full Version : Am I weird?

Dragon
January 5th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I have a really weird hair problem. When I was young, not school aged, I watched a movie and there was a guy who shaved his head to a skin head. Ever since that day I feel sick in the stomach and almost spew :puke: every time I see it happen.
It makes me feel sick for quite a while after seeing something like this. I have to avoid these situations and when a movie is on where I know someone is going to shave there head, I have to stop watching it and cant watch anymore of the movie. If I see someone one day with hair and the next day shaven, I can handle that as long as itís not a skin head. I can also watch hair being shaved but not to a skin head. A few month ago I was watching a movie, donít remember what itís called but these mean people shaved the lions hair and I couldnít watch it or watch the rest of the movie. It was a kids movie. Am I weird.

Toadstool
January 5th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I've never heard of this but that doesn't make you or it weird. I am squeamish when anyone talks about the heart, I start to lose the strength in my arms and feel like I am going to pass out. The movie you mention sounds like The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe?

Dragon
January 5th, 2011, 04:25 AM
I've never heard of this but that doesn't make you or it weird. I am squeamish when anyone talks about the heart, I start to lose the strength in my arms and feel like I am going to pass out. The movie you mention sounds like The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe?

I think that was the movie.

Avital88
January 5th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Trauma i guess, i cant see anything with a lot of violent or sexual harassmentin it because ive been in those situations too much before and get really upset even if its just a movie.

princessp
January 5th, 2011, 09:24 AM
No it doesn't make you weird. :) I bet it triggers something negative in your memory (or if you believe in past lives, possibly a past life experience). When I think of skinheads I get sick thinking about what they represent, so I can sort of understand.

Henrietta
January 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
No, you're not weird;) I can't watch on an uncooked meat for example. I KNOW this chicken is already dead but still- I can't. I don't like watching injections, even at tv, though I don't mind having them, because I always think "Oh no, it must hurt him/her."
Don't think you're weird! It's not weirdness. It's a feeling.

spidermom
January 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Yup, that's pretty weird, but don't worry - all people are weird.

Henrietta
January 5th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Yup, that's pretty weird, but don't worry - all people are weird.

Yeah:) Despite my previous post I have to admit that you can also look at that issue this way.
I like Spidermom's comments:D Short and accurate:D

Katurday
January 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I think a lot of people cringe over certain things. You know mine? Seeing someone bite a cotton-shirt. UGHHHHHHHH EVEN THE THOUGHT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE.

cmnt831
January 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Everyone has something weird about them. The thing that really makes me sick these days is if I'm watching a cooking show and they start butchering a chicken or other bird. I have to turn off the tv. :(

Anyway, don't watch "Empire Records". There's a head shaving scene in that.

Jenw777
January 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm like that with mittens! I can't even say the word without gagging

pepperminttea
January 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Weird to me is just another way of saying someone's interesting. :) Although I don't think it's that strange, given the variety of phobias out there, just a good reason to research a movie before seeing it.

Bonkers57
January 5th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Just thinking about biting metal or ice cream hurts my teeth! :bigeyes:

But, spidermom's right - we're all weird in our own ways.

I think a lot of people cringe over certain things. You know mine? Seeing someone bite a cotton-shirt. UGHHHHHHHH EVEN THE THOUGHT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE.

HannahDelicious
January 5th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Everyone has some sort of thing that freaks them out. A lot of my friends are ridiculously scared of needles. As for me... well, I have epic horror movie freak outs when spiders and other bugs get too close to me. It's totally embarrassing. :o

annieangel149
January 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
i freak out if i see wool!
why?
when i was young i rubbed it against my teeth and it .....i cant explain it!...... it hurt! i curled up in a ball and held my teeth screaming for a few mins! it scared the life out of my parents lol!

its definetly a sensory thing with me!

my son is diagnosed with Sensory Integration Disorder! if we go to the restaurant we have to hide all the napkins or he freaks out!

ddiana1979
January 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I'm terrified of spiders (whether in real life, in movies, or on video games), even though I know it's completely irrational. There's only two species of "dangerous" venomous spiders where I live.

The odd thing is, I think they can be very pretty. I like watching them through the window or if they're securely kept in a terrarium. Especially if they're still. . . I think it's the movement that bothers me.

Rocket22
January 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I have always said I think EVERYONE is weird! we all have something that is goofy about us so that is your goofy thing.

christine1989
January 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM
It's a bit unusual but understandable. You're just re living a traumatic event/scene from childhood. Pretty much everyone has some memory from way back that triggers negative feelings.

melrose1985
January 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I like what Spidermom said. I agree we all got weird stuff about us. My brother thinks it's funny to poke my armpit... I have no clue why but the amount of rage that instantly builds up is crazy. It feels like i need to crawl out of my skin of punch him.

FluffSpider
January 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm terrified of spiders (whether in real life, in movies, or on video games), even though I know it's completely irrational. There's only two species of "dangerous" venomous spiders where I live.

The odd thing is, I think they can be very pretty. I like watching them through the window or if they're securely kept in a terrarium. Especially if they're still. . . I think it's the movement that bothers me.
I think it's the fear that they will crawl over you-I know that's what I feel about any small things that move fast. (no problem with spiders, as my name suggests:D)
I used to cry when I saw pretty people being shaved on the head when I was little- in tween times, I just cringed and felt sad. Now?It's a bit of a masochistic feel, really- I WOULD shave my head, just for the crazy factor. Yes, I would quite regret it, but the thought doesn't bother me so much anymore.

RitaPG
January 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM
As others have mentioned, those pictures could be triggering some kind of trauma. Or you are just sensitive to it. It could be either related to the loss of hair itself, or to the negative connotation of a skinhead. Or it could be something else entirely different.

Yes, that is weird, and it reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I wouldn't worry much about it, we are all kind of weird :D

lillithnight
January 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's deffinitly odd but not that weird. I watched one of my favorite scarey movies with my girlfriend cuddling her and giggling the whole time. Me and my cousin just happened to of turned this movie into some weird version of a chick flick for us way before i ever met my girlfriend.

My favorite movie as a little kid. The Dark crystal! such a good movie, that only weirded me out the first time then enthralled me every time after. :)

anthonyswife
January 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Mine is that I can't stand having my nails short- the skin on the tips of my fingers is too sensitive. I cringe at the thought of touching fabric with short nails...blegh. =/

utdesertrunner
January 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I am that way too (not with heads, but other things ;). I hope that you never go bald!