PDA

View Full Version : Best Hair ties?

somethingducky
January 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM
So I'm searching around for new hair ties. I have a new job as a vet tech so I have to wear my tailbone length hair up and out of the way. The past year or so I've also been noticing more hair breakage so I'm wondering if some new ponytail and bun holders might help with that. I just bought some hair screws but now I'm looking at elastic hair ties. Any recommendations on the best and most gentle hair ties?

I did find an esty seller with some nice looking knotted elastic hair ties:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ManeMessage

I like the way they look and the different colors might be fun for summer, has anyone bought these type of elastics?

BrightEyes7
January 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I haven't bought those.

My elastics of choice are the plain Scunci ones that come in a pack of 30 or whatever. I use the skinny ones but I use two. I find it holds better and tugs less than the one of the thicker ones.

Personally I don't like to use anything other that the small ones, I never use colored or bigger ones.

Hope you're enjoying your new job!

Madora
January 4th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Could you possibly hold your hair in place with a goody ouchless barrette (comes in 2 sizes)? It would seem more hair friendly than placing your hair in ponytail holders/elastics every day.

If you really want to "do it up brown", a Flexi-8 is the way to go!

Anje
January 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Well, I like hairsticks and amish pins for holding buns, without any hairties in the mix. (Ponytails have caused breakage in the past for me, so I try to avoid them now.) For braids, I like those little terrycloth elastics that tend to be marketed for young girls. My newest trick, though, is to cut strips of that sticks-to-itself elastic bandage (vetrap is one brand), and wrap them around to secure braid ends. Seems to work very well so far!

Magdalene
January 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I like the clear silicone ones. I don't like anything bulky on the ends of my braids, and I need something tiny because of taper.