PDA

View Full Version : Very oily scalp and CO washing success!! :)

Sophiawavyhair
January 4th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I have tried CO wash method many times, with different conditioners and nothing seemed to work. My scalp is very oily and so is my face. Hairline gets oily very fast. And co wash will not get rid of my natural oils even after one day of shampoo.

I read somewhere in the forum that conditioner will clean better if you do the first step on dry hair! And voila! I cant believe it! It worked! My scalp is as clean as it is with shampoo. (and sometimes I even have to wash twice with shampoo to get rid of sebum)

Anyway, I just wanted to share my success here because maybe it will help someone else who has an oily scalp like me :)

I used VO5 clarifying conditioner (kiwi lime). I put quite a lot on my scalp, on DRY hair. I used a little bit of water to help distribute the conditioner better. I did a scalp massage for a couple of minutes and put a shower cap on. 30 minutes later I got in the shower and rinsed it with warm water, for a couple of minutes. Then applied VO5 kiwi lime conditioner again on scalp, and SUAVE Coconut on lenght. Rinsed with warm/cold water for a couple of minutes and massaged scalp.
(vinegar rinse on lenght after)

Yes it looks like a lot of work but I wash my hair three times a week and the shine, softness and manageabilty after CO washing method is worth it !!!

Also if you have any more tips for oily hair, you are more than welcome to post them here!

Happy New Year!

turquoisebud
January 4th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I will have to try this! I tried to let the conditioner sit on wet hair then wash, but it still didn't work, maybe this will! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Loreley
January 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'm glad you found something which works for you! :) I have oily scalp as well and I was a CO washer for more than half a year. It worked only with 2 conditioners, I tried a lot of brands but the others were not good. I used it on wet hair and left it on for about 5 minutes and my hair was clean. Maybe my hair is not as oily as yours. :confused: Sometimes I still do CO washes because they are really great, but shampoo is quicker. :o

Sophiawavyhair
January 4th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Yes I am very excited that CO finally worked for me. I agree shampoo is faster but it leaves my hair frizzy and with a lot of volume ( I have thick hair). I will still use shampoo once in awhile to clarify but thats it. I want to find out how long will my hair go. I wonder how fast will my hair get oily after CO washing, it usually gets oily after 1.5 days with shampoo. Today is the first day so will report back later!

liagibba
January 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm so glad you found a technique that works for you. I agree that CO-washing seems like more work in general than S&C, but it IS totally worth it :) Yay!