PDA

View Full Version : 3.5inches at the top??

squiggyflop
March 12th, 2008, 06:47 AM
i put my hair into a pony at the very top of my head to sleep last night... i was sitting at the computor and saw the measuring tape... just out of boredom i measured the ponys circumference.. my circumference with the pony at the back of my head is 3.25 inches (it used to be 3.5 but im shedding more from{tmi} the shot) the pony at the top measured out as 3.5 inches.. i dont know why this makes me so excited... i mean it doesnt take me out of the ii catagory but i think its a big difference, i wonder how thick it was on the top before my hormones were messed up... lol i guess my bangs being included in the ponytail made a big difference
this happen to anyone else??

Katze
March 12th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I measure my hair at the top because of all the baby hairs, wisps, bangs, different layers, etc. I don't see that it makes that much of a difference but if I am measuring thickness I want to include as much of my hair as possible!

Many people here seem to measure only at the nape, but I've never figured out why this is...I guess they are the kind of people who have the luck to have hair that's mostly one length without all the wisps I've got.

At any rate, it sounds like your hair is nicely thick!

Katze

eadwine
March 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I measure as it is supposed to, at least.. to what I have learned. Center back of the head, ponytail. I say if everyone starts measuring differently you won't have a good standard to go by really.

My hair measured on top sure is thicker. I have bangs after all. :) It's only logical.

Guenever
March 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM
No kidding? I did that too last night :lol: when I made my sleep bun.. I just felt like measuring :silly:
And I got 3,2" as opposed to my 2,9" and that wasn't even at the very top of my head.. (can't put my bun that high - I get a major headache) and I don't really have bangs, so that's not is.. my longish "bangs" are natural and only wispies..
I also got very excited^^ When I joined my circ. was 2,5, then a little later 2,7" - so the thought of having 0,7" more hair (maybe even more)... wow.. that would be fantastic! Sweet little baby hairs - you just grow now! heh..

jojo
March 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
i put my hair into a pony at the very top of my head to sleep last night... i was sitting at the computor and saw the measuring tape... just out of boredom i measured the ponys circumference.. my circumference with the pony at the back of my head is 3.25 inches (it used to be 3.5 but im shedding more from{tmi} the shot) the pony at the top measured out as 3.5 inches.. i dont know why this makes me so excited... i mean it doesnt take me out of the ii catagory but i think its a big difference, i wonder how thick it was on the top before my hormones were messed up... lol i guess my bangs being included in the ponytail made a big difference
this happen to anyone else??

off topic but your hair grows really quick, jeese 6" is amazing and i thought i was fast with 4"!!

vindo
March 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
My hair measures a little over 4" on top.

Has been like that since I came here and never really travelled down to my neck. I have bangs and a few face framing layers..I think that part will always be thicker due to all the fine short hairs that you can actually measure.

spidermom
March 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I measure 4.2 on top of my head, 3.9 at the nape. The very bottom, however, is pencil thin.

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 07:54 AM
The very bottom of my hair is like a 1/4 of a pencil!!!! :)