PDA

View Full Version : Eeeep? Help!

aspartame gram
January 4th, 2011, 05:37 AM
So, I dyed my hair red at a salon and at first I loved it. But now I'm having second thoughts. I actually saw a picture of me sans highlights and any other dye and it looked so wonderful! I'm feeling wretched because, as of late, I've just been going to the salon to either get highlights, had a wee accident with box color, and then took the plunge to red. Would speeding the fading process help the next time I go to the salon so my stylish can attempt to match my natural color to the rest of it?

To give an idea, right now my hair is a darker strawberry blond and I'm normally an ash blond. I'd really like to go natural and cease the dying. :( It always seems like such a wondrous idea to dye and then after it starts to fade and I see my white-ish roots I begin to regret it. :(

Night_Kitten
January 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Your natural haircolor is lighter then the dye, so I don't know wether it will be possible to match the length to the root color without bleaching...
Perhaps you could try oiling to help the color fade, and then just leave the strawberry tint on the length to grow out? It could look really nice in ponytails and buns

aspartame gram
January 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Yes, I think that might be the best idea. I don't want to damage my hair by bleaching it or using more chemicals. What I think I can do is use my Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and conditioner and at least cause some of the red to fade a bit. There'll still be a line of demarcation from the dye, I'm sure, but any little bit helps.

Thank you so much for your response! We'll see how this goes!

christine1989
January 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I hear that honey lightening can help lift dye and there are also a variety of products that are meant to help ift chemical dyes from hair. If you want it to fade as soon as possible be sure to shampoo as often as you can preferably with SLS shampoo.

aspartame gram
January 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, what is SLS? I will definitely try this honey technique! :D I think I've read that blow drying the area activates the peroxide in the honey? Weekend project!! :D