PDA

View Full Version : What you starting your new yr with ??

karenpetal
January 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Its just been 3 days into the new yr and I have already had some great news from 5 of my clients -

I work in a hair salon and am the long hair proponent out of the 3 of the stylists - I have already had 5 of my regular clients confess to resolutions for year and asked me to be guardian to maintain it
2 folks have signed up for trim only 2011 :)
1 who is a regular blow fryer has decided on giving it up and instead get into regular oiling at he parlor
and No chemicals and only Henna and oiling for other 2
yippee!!!

The other 2 stylists are more into shorter sleeker chemical looks, straighteners and colors

I feel really good today when my boss came up to me and said you have set a trend !!!!! thanks LHC

Wondering who else has made a secret promise this yr to be nice to your hair :) Tell me what you plan to do different this year

Hugs

Night_Kitten
January 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM
It looks like your'e a real inspiration for your clients!
Reading that gives me hope that gentle haircare will eventually make a comeback into the mainstream, and long hair will be more common and acceptible :D

I plan to trim more often this year to thicken up the ends alittle, hopefully I'll manage to stick to it :)

christine1989
January 4th, 2011, 12:37 AM
My plan is to finally try all of the things I never did (but wanted to) in 2010. I'm off to a good start too; I did a catnip rinse, ordered a ficcare and just got my package of cassia in the mail today :).

Olyve
January 4th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I started late in 2010 so all of this will carry over into the New Year since it's still rather new to me as well.

No blowfryer.
No chemical dye. (Last chemical dye job was Nov 2009)
Henna.
Oil. I use Sweet Almond, Castor, Olive, Tea Tree.
Wear hair up about 80% of the time.
Satin sleep cap.
No cones.
Let bangs/fringe grow out along with layers. No more layers for me, I have had them since 1997.

karenpetal
January 4th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Yaaa its a great feeling to get others on the Long Hair path :)

daaisychains
January 4th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It must feel good to help others achieve their goal. Go you! :)

sibiryachka
January 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
You're not in Northern CA by any chance...?

reverie24
January 4th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Good job! :)

I am not going to dye my hair again! I last did it in October. Even though I love it red, I just can't do it if I want better hair.

MandaMom2Three
January 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm starting the new year off with a horrible cold :sick: :(

waist2011
January 4th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I am doing all my own trims.

kmouse43
January 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I am starting a new career and taking college courses for the first time in 26 years. I hope to graduate in Sept 2011 and become a certified Medical Transcriptionist. I am so excited!

akka naeda
January 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Green hair:)
OK, not all of it, just a streak at the front. The blue didn't take, and faded immediately to a dull grey, and I had purple a couple of years ago, so green it is.

Rebecca.1905
January 5th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Continue CWC and avoid heat styling on the length!! This is going VERY well and I plan to keep it going ALL year! I need some heat on the (necessary) bangs and top so that will be done but very gently. More deep treatments and I vow (!) to try oils and find the very best one for my hair! No trims, but S & D as needed.

jojo
January 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
For me i am on a no trim year, plus will continue to not use heat and continue with henna.

Hoping to achieve 6" this year which will bring me to 36" which is nearly TB length for me!

Fingers crossed! x

Shell
January 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I'm in the No Trimming in 2011 group, so that. Otherwise, I guess I don't have any definite plans. I might make some hair videos/articles for BSL updos to post here and maybe even You Tube. We'll see. :)

craftybunn
January 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I too am a no trimmer for 2011! Also, if my henna will ever show up In The MAIL!!! I will have a new color for the new year!

AgnesONutter
January 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I think I will begin my year by booking a time at my favourite salon in town and have the hairdresser cut it back from tailbone to at least waist, perhaps a little more. Then...
- I'm going to get a jar of the Panacea Winterblend, and be religious about applying it to below my ears and down when at home.
- Buy an Epstone buffalo comb, for detangling, since my current Body Shop comb snags my hair (I will try sanding it, but I want a finer toothed comb in any case).
- Buy a pot of the magic Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (seriously, I have not encountered anything that makes my hair so soft and well behaved).
- I will also be good, and detangle morning and night.

Mamakash
January 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Parachute oil should be heading my way in the mail . . . looking forward to trying coconut oil!:D