PDA

View Full Version : question about dandruff

mizsunshyne
January 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
I switched to Mane and Tale shampoo and conditioner about a month ago. So far my hair is alot stronger, shinier, and even longer. But my scalp is soooo itchy! I see flakes in the back. And if I don't wash it everyday, it gets really greasy. I guess the shampoo and conditioner aren't for me? what can I do to get relief from the itching? I've never had dandruff in my life and I am going crazy! Thanks for any advice. I really appreciate it

nellreno
January 3rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've never used Mane & Tail so I can't say anything specific as to those products, but in the past my dandruff was caused by either the wrong products, overwashing or not getting the gunk fully off the scalp when I washed. It might be good to try using something else for a while to see if the dandruff goes away, because if you've never had problems with flakes before it's a real possibility that it's the Mane & Tail.

LHC100
January 22nd, 2011, 01:40 AM
In addition to the above, I'd clarify (classic BS solution with ACV rinse) my hair/scalp to remove whatEVER might be there causing a problem. And try another cleaning method.

PS - I say "method", but maybe just product. Check out the oil shampoo (movie stars thread) if you haven't. I really like it (after I got the proportions adjusted to suit my hair).

swivelhop
January 22nd, 2011, 02:09 AM
The Mane n Tail shampoo always seemed mild to me, then the conditioner is very waxy. and prone to build up. If conditioner touches your scalp it could easily build up on the skin and make a flakey situation. I had to pair the MnT conditioner with a stronger shampoo. Nothing drastic, I think I used Panteen classic shampoo when I used MnT conditioner.