PDA

View Full Version : My LHC Anniversary is today!

boomtownrat
January 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
When I joined LHC, it was initially the CO-washing thread that drew me in, but soon afterward I found the Salt & Pepper Thread and that has been my "home" here ever since.

I don't have a photo of my hair from the month I joined, but this is what I was doing with my hair around that time... from October 2009. It's salon colour that was costing me $75 every four weeks and was a serious pain for my hairdresser to match every time due to my natural hair being silver and white.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5735&pictureid=74884

It was probably late January 2010 when I finally decided to stop dyeing my hair. This what my roots looked like in March 2010.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5735&pictureid=74885

I got an asymmetrical bob in April to lose a lot of the red, which meant that my two-tone look appeared to be a conscious style choice to a lot of people. ;) Not a week went by that somebody didn't ask me how I was "doing that" with my hair. This picture is from last July.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5735&pictureid=76454

I got a pixie cut in late August 2010. There were still a few red tips here and there because she didn't want to "scalp me."

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5735&pictureid=80665

Here is what the back looks like as of late December.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6205&pictureid=91676

This was my New Year's Eve "updo."

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5950&pictureid=92030

I've been doing the coconut oil shampoo method since early December. It has made conditioner unnecessary, but I still have the nagging scalp itch that has been a problem for me for as long as I can remember. I'm considering ways to alternate between oil shampoo and SMTs (that REALLY helped the itch) until I can find a good dermatologist. My goal for this year is just to keep growing my hair, hopefully reaching shoulders and maybe even beyond by the end of the year.

Thanks for looking!

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Awww, I love your color and your pixie :) Your New Years do is funky! Congrats with the anniversary!

silverjen
January 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
May I say that you are one of my hair idols? Your silvers are sooo pretty, I can only hope mine look half as nice.

sarahramen
January 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
your silver is so beautiful!!!!!!:thudpile: happy anniversary!

triumphator!
January 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
When you had the "two-toned" thing going on, you totally looked like you had anime hair!

And your silver is to die for. It's not even white. It's a gorgeous silver. Congrats, not everyone will get that color!

ETA: you have quite a few rubber duckies! :D

boomtownrat
January 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Thank you, everybody! :)

Wow, silverjen, that's so nice to hear! Thanks!

Yep, triumphator!, I have even more throughout my house. And anime hair is awesome, so thanks! :D

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Happy Anniversary!

christine1989
January 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Your hair is so thick! I love the new years eve updo- it really shows how healthy your hair has become. :)

boomtownrat
January 3rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks again! :)

christine1989, I never used to think of my hair as thick, but then I started taking better care of it and I found it's thicker than I thought! :)

JuneBride
January 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think, whether you do or not!!, that you are making a lot og progress!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to follow your journey and see where you are and what your hair is up too over 2011 and esp. one year from now!

jaine
January 3rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
Pretty!!!! I always love your hair color - it looks so beautiful in every stage! :)

Jenn of Pence
January 3rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on embracing your lovely silvers! You've accomplished a lot in a year. Happy growing. :D

SilvraShadows
January 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I love all the changes your hair went through! And your silvers are stunning!

Happy Anni!

Mountaingrrl
January 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Looks great! When I'm ready to go white / silver, I am going to take a style cue from you!

freckles
January 4th, 2011, 03:56 AM
happy anniversary! your hair looks great :)

DavidN
January 4th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Congratulations to you, Boomtownrat, on your LHC anniversary, and your silver hair is so shiny and healthy! I look forward to your future progress as you grow those silvers!

pepperminttea
January 4th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Your silvers are just beautiful... :thud:

Happy LHC anniversary! :)

Juanita
January 4th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, You've come so gorgeously far in one year.
Lovely NYE hair.

miss_purple
January 4th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Happy anniversary!
I think you do look much better.

mellie
January 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Ooo - I LOOOOOOVE the New Year's Do!!!! And all the pics...you are one of the HIPPEST Renegrays ever!! Happy Anniversary!! :cheer:

serious
January 4th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I LOVE your silvers!!!
Happy Anniversary!

Nae
January 4th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Happy anniversary BTR. It is amazing that you can go from completely chemical red to completely naturaly silver in only one year. I know it was quite a journey for you but the difference is absolutely stunning. What a difference a year can make huh?

P.S. Now I have the rubber ducky song in my head. :rolleyes: I need to sing something else quick or I will have that earworm all day!!! And I didn't even notice the duckies in the picture the first time around lol, that will teach me to read the entire thread! ;)

SpinDance
January 4th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Happy Anniversary! Wonderful, lovely silver you have. I look forward to seeing your continued progress as you reach more milestones.

Loreley
January 4th, 2011, 08:12 AM
You have beautiful silver hair! :thud: Happy anniversary!

Rini
January 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Congratulations on 1 year here :cheese: I enjoy your posts over in the Salt and Pepper thread. I love your hair colour! I think it looks so much better than your dyed hair. Do you wonder why it took you so long to grow your silvers? (I'm only asking...because I wonder that for myself!)

I'm looking forward to watching your hair grow longer and even more beautiful :flowers:

Shicurls
January 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is so beautiful and shiny! I love the color too!!

princessp
January 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Wow, thanks for posting your progress pics! I love your color, congratulations on one year! BTW, I was obsessed with that boomtown rats album (the one with "I don't like Mondays" on it) back in the day. :)

claireozzy
January 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cant see the pics yet, but happy anniversary :)

annieangel149
January 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
wont be long till i can see your pics! cant wait! :)
happy anniversary xx

cubedcoley
January 4th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Everybody has said it so I hope it is okay if I chime in. Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and SO SHINY! I think I am blinded by all of that silver!!! I hope to have mine that gorgeous someday! It reminds me a little bit of Emmylou Harris....:thumbsup:

spidermom
January 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Wow - your natural silver trumps the red by a LOT.

PurpleAshes
January 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Love your hair in all the stages you went through since deciding to let your beautiful greys grow!

EtherealOde
January 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair has grown a lot since you stopped the dye, I am envious! :) And such a pretty silver pattern too, you shine.

sibiryachka
January 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Happy anniversary! :cheer: Your silvers rock hard, and that short cut really shows off your ginormous eyes.

WaitingSoLong
January 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
What a huge change from a year ago and I LOVE IT it looks so cool! I liked the two tone look before the pixie. What gorgeous silver for your age! And it looks so healthy!

utdesertrunner
January 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Oh my goodness, your silver is so pretty. I can see why you are growing it out! And it looked awesome in the bob with the silver on top. Very cool!

Henrietta
January 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I really like the grey shade that you have! :)

boomtownrat
January 4th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Thank you, everybody! :)

Now that I look at the red, I really don't know why I did it. :lol:

Rini, I had my natural silvers on two previous occasions, but I didn't stick with it for long because I didn't like the overall effect.

In 2002, my hair was mostly natural with some dye on the ends and I grew it to about chin length. It looked sort of blonde because there was still a lot of red and gold mixed in. I called it my cinnamon-sugar hair and I got lots of compliments on it, but eventually I decided to dye it again because a co-worker said it looked like I'd had it frosted, which wasn't a look I wanted. (At the time, I was rather depressed, so that likely had a lot to do with the decision.)

About four years ago, give or take a few months, I cut off all my dyed hair and had a salt & pepper pixie. It looked iron grey overall, which I didn't love. I was getting a lot of "you look like Taylor Hicks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Hicks)" comments... which would be fine, if I were a man, but it didn't make me feel too good about myself and I didn't have enough confidence to just ignore them.

Now that my hair is a silver that I really like and I'm feeling more confident, I knew I was ready to embrace the precious metal that is my hair. ;)

jasper
January 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Happy hair-iversary! You are so cute! Like your hair in all the pics, especially July through the present.

luluj
January 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, boomtownrat! You already know how I feel about your gorgeous silver hair. Now I'm just waiting to see it get longer and longer and........:p;)

rags
January 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Happy Anniversary BTR!! You know I love your gorgeous hair, and you're so pretty in all your pictures! I think you've made tremendous progress and your hair is stunning!

Jen123
January 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I think your hair is absolutely beautiful.

fairystar32
January 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
very pretty :)
Happy anniversary xxxxx

Dragon
January 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Happy Anniversary :)

boomtownrat
January 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you, everybody! :blossom:

rapunzhell13
January 4th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! Silver hair looks very flattering on you. I can't wait to see your progress in the years forthcoming. :bottomsup:

dropinthebucket
January 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
LOVE your beautiful silver hair! just love it! :D

the silver/red combo in the bob pic is pretty stellar, too - bet you could still do something like that with some Manic Panic. Pretty chic! am totally jealous. :)

annieangel149
January 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
omg! i can see the pics now and im gobsmacked! the colour of your hair is absolutely amazing!!!! so beeeaaaaauuuutiful! you hair is sooo shiny and healthy! :)

boomtownrat
January 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Thank you so much, everybody! :D

restourceful
January 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
BTR, you know how much of a fan of your hair I am. Your progress has been not only amazing, but really edgy and cool. You have totally rocked the transition from dye to superlative silver! :rockerdud Congratulations, silver sister! And Happy Anniversary! :toast:

boomtownrat
January 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Thank you, restourceful! :)

All the wonderful posts in this thread have made me smile. :)

AnnaMarie
January 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Congratulations, your silver hair is so beautiful :)

Rocket22
January 5th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Awe your New Years style is sooooo cute!!! good luck with your journey and happy anniversary!!!

boomtownrat
January 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you! :blossom:

Lazy Loop
April 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I can't see your pix either, maybe after my initiation is over, lol! WTG!

jacqueline101
April 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I love your hair.

Qadupae
April 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats on your anniversary and your amazing silvers! I hope someday my hair goes that silver ^_^ Adore it!