PDA

View Full Version : A little late 6 months anniversary

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
I know it's a bit late, but I just felt like sharing my progress and say thank you nevertheless :)

So June 27 I registered, after having cut my hair in May with a zillion layers. Impulse cut is never a good idea, why can't I learn that soon? :p However, I had wondering about looking at TLHC a while, since Torrinpaige had mentioned this lovely site in her vids. So I decided to check it out, and registered. The day after I took my first lenght shot:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC000302.jpg
Here I was just a tippy touch below BSL, 64-65 cm. I brushed everyday, had it down most of the time, and used cone and sulfate. I used the straightener to curl my hair every once in a while, for formal occations etc. I blowdried when I felt like I didn't want to airdry my hair. After joining LHC I switched from the standard s&c to CWC, and I didn't notice anything spectacular, but I still liked it enough to continue for a month.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC005432.jpg
This is August 2010. Bad quality cellphone picture, sorry. I also have noticed that I should not wear dark stuff when I lenght shoot. Still CWCing with coney conditioners and sulfate-filled 'poos. Being more aware though. But I still didn't brush my hair the right way, bottom and up.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=84512
This was September 1st 2010. Still brushing the wrong way, still wearing my hair too much loose. Still wearing my damaging messy bun, but being more aware. I also took a bang shot the 1st of September:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=84514

My finger is at the starting lenght.

Oops, more in next post

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC00681.jpg

This is the picture I took when I discovered that I had hidden waves. I had just bought coonut oil and gave my hair a deep treatment in about 2 hours. then I washed with a clarifying shampo and a random contitioner and let it airdry without touching it. When I came home from a dinner with my dad my hair was dry and I was shocked to see the waves Shortly after that I bought myself a cone free conditioner because of course I wanted to keep the waves and you had adviced me to go cone-free because of that

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=87287

This is 1st of November 2010, and I had finally reached Waistland! I had begun brushing correctly and gone cone and sulfate-free. I also took a tiny scrape of coconut oil everyday, and deep treatments every once in a while.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=89823

Dec 1st 2010. My hair is 32,4 inches or 73 cm.

And finally, the pictures I took today!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=92308

My hair is uncombed and washed the day before, so the waves are a bit flat. It is 32,8 inches or 74 cm.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=92309

A bang shot to show you how much it has grown since September. I have also used ACV a couple of times this month and I'm really liking it, it makes my hair really soft and not too tangly. I'm still wearing it down too much, being too pissed at my layers who makes it impossible to braid my hair without the top part falling out in 10 mins, and making my buns look like something else that I'm not going to mention here But I'm still using coconut oil, ACV, and I am sulfate and cone free. I cringe when I hear snapping sounds and I'm learning to be more careful. I have a no trim year which ends in the middle of May, and so far it looks good. The problem for me is that I can't see splits or damage since I'm visually impaired, but in the beginning of December my mom said that there was no or very little damage in my hair. My next mini-goal is hip, which is 34,9 inches on me. I don't know how long I want my hair, first off I gotta get rid of those layers. I plan to chop back to waist in May, I think, I'm a bit unsure how I'm gonna do it if I'm just going to grow to say classic and then just chop off the layers or what. But anyways.

Thank you all for the last 6 months, all the great advices, all the laughs and the cheese and greatness here on this site!

ddiana1979
January 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Wow, that's amazing growth, and your hair looks so shiny & healthy! I love your color. :)

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Oh, thank you so much!

triumphator!
January 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Can I begin by saying I love your freckles? Most people with freckles tend to not like them, I hope you like yours, theyre so pretty! I wish I was covered in freckles. Gives you personality.

Anyway! :) Your hair is looking so good! Aren't hidden waves such a surprise joy? I wonder what CO would do? Not that I think you need to change anything, it's really healthy!

We joined on the same day, too! :D

ETA: oh, and we appear to almost be hair twins!

littlenvy
January 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
WOW tinti!! That is great growth :) And your hair is so nice. I even like the layers.

long&blonde
January 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
I love your hair! The color is gorgeous; and I know layers will drive you crazy when trying to grow them out; but; I love them also. So pretty!

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Triumphator: Thank you! I'm kinda in a love/hate relationship with them. I've grown to love them more, though. Yeah, they absolutely are! I had to post my first hair-related picture on facebook, freaking out in joy when I saw them. I already CO, don't remember when I started with it, I think it was in August. I love how easy it is to brush out tangles, especially compared to how it used to be!

Haha what a coincidence! I've been sneak-peaking in your album a couple of times, your hair grows very fast as well!

Thank you, Littlenvy! I'm sorta in a love/hate relationship with them as well :p
Long&blonde: thank you so much! Makes me really happy to read someone loves my layers :)

Dragon
January 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Great progress. Your hair looks great :)

JuneBride
January 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
That is amazing progress and your hair color is brillant!
Congrats and keep up the great work!

silverjen
January 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Your hair looks great!

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you, Junebride, Silverjen and Dragon!

craftybunn
January 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Beautiful color and beautiful length. Congrats!

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much, craftybunn!

mellie89
January 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Oh wow, that is some amazing progress for just six months! Your layers grew out so nicely! It really looks like a completely different head of hair.

I also love your freckles. :D I have freckles, but I wish I had more!

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you Mellie89! Haha, I agree, it looks like I'm another person from the back ;) hehe.
Haha you could get some of mine, my nose is overloaded with freckles :)

Fufu
January 4th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Wonderful progress :)

serious
January 4th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Wow... your hair looks so healthy! Look at that shine!
Great progress, congratulations!

Avvoltoio
January 4th, 2011, 01:32 AM
very nice grow process, and beautiful hair congratulations!
your hair grows so fast!

pepperminttea
January 4th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Great progress, and I love your hair colour! :)

Avital88
January 4th, 2011, 02:58 AM
You have awesome hair with great shine and color,plus a really good growthrate.
congrats!! Only i thought 1 inch measures 2,54 cm. So 73cm would be 28.7 inch ,at least thats what google says.

freckles
January 4th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I also wanted to say that I love your freckles. I wish I had a freckly back, almost all my freckles are concentrated on my face :)

looks like your hair has improved a lot, especially in moving the thickness down to the bottom layers. Congratulations! :)

tinti
January 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you, everybody!

Fufu, htank you!

Serious, thank you very much! The shine and the lighter colors may be because of the lamp that was placed over the mirror I had behind me, I'm not sure. But when I turned it off my hair looked like a dark spot, so better false color and shine than that :)

Thank you, Avoltoio and Pepperminttea!

Avital, wow, now I'm pretty unsure, I used to divide cms in 2,25. *goes to check again* Ah, you are absolutely right, it's 2,54! Thanks for the heads up!

Freckles, thank you! Haha, I've got freckles on my shoulders, arms and face like crazy ;) Probably from all the visits in Spain when I was a kid ;) Oh, thanks, I didn't notice that, but that's definetly a good thing :)

Henrietta
January 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
What a fantastic colour! Congrats on your progress! :)

It's great how many of us found LHC thanks to Torrin :)

tinti
January 4th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Thank you, Henrietta! Yep, it is, she's amazing :cheese: for her!