PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shrinkage!

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
So today instead of the usual wash, condition, brush, bun routine, I washed, conditioned, rinsed, added a little conditioner and curl gel, combed, plopped and then air dried and my BSL length hair of yesterday has shrunk to just below apl!! Not sure if I like that.....

redcelticcurls
January 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the world of curls au naturale, where shrinkage is the truth. ;)

skaempfer
January 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
"Holy Shrinkage, Batman!"
"Quick, Robin! To the Bat Iron!"

...Not!

I love curlies; Lots of people do. Anyway, sounds as if you have a choice. That's got to be good, right? Plop when you want to rock some sassy curls, go for straighter when you don't! :cheese:

torrilin
January 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
I bet you have a ton of volume today tho :).

triumphator!
January 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Shrinkage is a good trade off for bouncy girls, though! We want pictures! :D

christine1989
January 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
I would love to have hair that bouncy! :)

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
I had to go to work, so I had to put it in a loose bun, don't know how curly it still is, but if I can, I'll post pics.

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Lets see if I can figure out how to do this.....
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/calicokatt/Hair%20Pics/Bun.jpg
If it worked, the pic above is up in the bun I had it in all day, the one below is after I took it down
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/calicokatt/Hair%20Pics/Down.jpg
Not as curly as it was this morning....

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
Ack! I cropped and resized the top one too, but somehow it didn't work.

redcelticcurls
January 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
I love the curly bun. I don't get to see nearly enough curly updos where the curl pattern is left intact. Very pretty!

Jessica Trapp
January 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
My hair does that too! I like the bounce but it sure does eat up the length.

jes

Copasetic
January 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Shrinkage is the worst, especially when your hair goals are all about more length!

calicokatt
January 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
My partner was looking at my computer screen as I was trying to do the pictures, and all of a sudden he says 'whose head is that?' I said it was mine, and he asked when... so I said TODAY! Then he wanted to know why I was posting pictures of my head for strangers.....

This tells me two things, first, he doesn't look at my hair. Second, he thinks of my hair as something private... perhaps belonging to him??? lol

redcelticcurls
January 3rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Shrinkage is the worst, especially when your hair goals are all about more length!

I think that is a challenge for curlies when growing long hair. Shrinkage eats up length. I've seen 4s who were hip stretched and shoulder to APL dry. It does seem that there comes a point where you pick one over the other. How many beyond classic curlies does one really see?

I've seen curlies that I never would have picked as being curlies because they set their updos up in such a way as to pull out the curl. Then when the hair comes down, it looks much straighter.

I prefer maximum curl, so I just chose to have a relatively modest length goal. Heck, I don't even have a goal now, lol. I hit waist in September and hated it so I went back to BSL.

Vani1902
January 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Shrinkage is a pain. I know exactly how you feel. My hair is almost apl but shrinkage makes it look like flip length. Actually, I did not know my hair was APL until one day I decided to stretch out a section of my hair. I was so surprised. My hair turned out to be alot longer than I anticipated. Shrinkage is a annoying but I think that it is worth the pain. I wouldn't change my curls for anything in the world.