PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Layers! Hello Bushiness!

eilz90
January 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
So I decided to take the plunge and chop every last layer out of my hair, I hated how sparse my longer layers were in comparison with my shorter layers. When I left my hair down when it was layered it would sit perfectly and my waves would be so defined. However, now when I leave my non layered hair down it is a big bush! So should I sacrifice my thick hair for choppy hair again or just persevere with this until my hair grows more?

Madora
January 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Well, if you're planning to do any updos, you'll find it is much easier to achieve them with hair that is all one length! Layered hair is always sticking out and getting all those ends out of view is a holy trial.

It's a lot easier trimming one length hair too.

cantom03
January 3rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
I had my wavy, thick hair layered by a hairdresser in october as she felt my hair type SHOULD be layered to be manageable. This was after a year of an all one length blunt cut. The all one length hair is much eaisier to style and care for for me. I agree with the above post and think you should give it some time to regain length and with it weight and then decide, you can always go back to layers but it is no fun growing them out when you don't want them. Either way,good luck!

eilz90
January 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Well, if you're planning to do any updos, you'll find it is much easier to achieve them with hair that is all one length! Layered hair is always sticking out and getting all those ends out of view is a holy trial.

It's a lot easier trimming one length hair too.

Yeah I love the fact that bits of hair aren't falling out of my ponytails anymore. It just looks so god awful down though!

spidermom
January 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Don't get layers again; you'll be right back where you started. Try half-up styles. Also, a lot of styling gel or styling creme might be your friend right now. It can give kind of a wet look, but it should tame the bush. I don't know how long your hair is, but a french twist might be an option. That was one of my favorites when my hair was short enough for it. Also a peacock twist held with a claw-clip.

GRU
January 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Give it time... get more length.

I spent the 80s and 90s as Triangle Head personified (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/hair/brillohead.jpg?t=1294114912)... trust me on this one!

christine1989
January 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
If you really want a few then you should keep them long and in front so they will frame your face. That way they will not be a pain it the butt to grow out if you get tired of them. When your hair gets longer though it will be weighed down enough so it wont be bushy.

nellreno
January 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't know how long it is now with all the layers gone, but I think if you give it time and let it grow out a bit you'll find it becomes more manageable. I used to have completely unlayered hair when I was younger and I noticed what when it was longer it was significantly less bushy.

McFearless
January 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I say wait it out. How long is your hair?

UltraBella
January 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
I was also wondering how long your hair is.
If I cut all the layers out of my hair it would only be shoulder length. (not that I would, I love them !!!!!!)

eilz90
January 4th, 2011, 02:13 PM
My hair just reaches APL. I think I've found a slight solution which I discovered today. I wore my hair up this morning and took it down in the afternoon. When I took it down it wasn't so bushy, I think this was due to my hair being pulled straight while it was tied back.

rhosyn_du
January 4th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Wearing updos, especially right after a wash, always helped control bushiness when my hair was still short enough for it to be a problem. I would suggest waiting it out, at least until your hair gets past BSL, which, in my completely anecdotal observation, seems to be the dividing line between triangle and not-triangle for most people.