PDA

View Full Version : V05 Conditioning Hairdressing

JuneBride
January 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Has anyone recently used this?

Pros and Cons?

I love V05 Conditioner for CO washing...would this be a good thing to use afterwards?

DTsgirl
January 2nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
It has mineral oil and pertroleum / petrolaeum in it. I have used it, but there is way better stuff out there. Way, way, way better stuff. If you're good with cones, Garnier Sleek and Shine is very nice. No cones, Garnier 3X nutrition spray (i'm 85% sure that's cone free) is the BOMB!

morecowbell
January 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I have a half used tube of it in the back of a drawer somewhere... like DTsgirl said, it has petrolatum in it. It worked really well for me when I shampoo'd, but now that I'm a Coer, it's far too tough to get it out of my hair.
I would say that it works just as well as shea butter, and shea butter is SO much better for your hair :)

xoxophelia
January 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
I really like VO5 partly because it is cheap but also when I CO with it my hair feels sleek and calm. I think it is good for CO because of the price so it doesn't add up over the year and I never had any issues with it. I would suggest you give it a try as it is so cheap anyways.. I use the clarifying one which is green and had better results with that than the strawberry but I haven't tried others :)

midnightwolf
January 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
i cant find the clarifying one... il have another look though, i use the blue and purple ones, the extra conditioning ones (moisture soak and something like that) but i love them.