PDA

View Full Version : Great success with the curling hair with a sock method!!

jenjen10
January 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
So, I tried putting my hair up on top of my head in a sock bun (the one where you actually roll your hair into the sock) after washing it last night and slept on it and... woke up with awesome hair!! I didn't use any hair spray and I still have a lot of body and curl after about 12 hours which is definitely saying something for my hair :cheese:

I just wanted to share in case anyone has been thinking about trying it but hasn't yet... I definitely recommend. :D

UltraBella
January 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
So glad it worked for you ! Sadly, not for me. It pulls even my natural wave out.

KittyLost
January 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
It's one method that also doesn't have much effect on my hair, yet using socks to do rag curls works brilliantly for me!

I do love the sock bun curls though, so simple and time consuming!

christine1989
January 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I really want to try this but I just can't get a sock bun to stay in my hair overnight :(. I have beyond BSL length hair with no layers but it still won't stay secure for long. Oh, well. Maybe when I get to waist.

jaine
January 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
I was hoping to see a picture!!! :D
I watched the youtube video for this method and it looked promising ... maybe I'll be able to try it next year when I have some more length.

esmay
January 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
:cheer: I tried this last night and it worked really well. If I go to bed with damp hair normally it gets all sorts of crazy overnight, in spite of my best efforts. But rolling it up made all the difference--I had nice defined waves/curls with minimum effort. It was probably 20% damp when I put it up and was maybe 5% damp in the morning. I just made sure not to touch it until it was completely dry.

luxepiggy
January 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
I was hoping to see a picture!!! :D
I watched the youtube video for this method and it looked promising ... maybe I'll be able to try it next year when I have some more length.

(^(oo)~)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=86932

bluesnowflake
January 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I'd love to do this, but after several trials and much helpful advice, my hair just doesn't want to roll. I think I'll stick with pin curls.

tinti
January 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm so looking forward to try this when I have a little less layers! It's looking so great both the bun and the curls :)