PDA

View Full Version : Unintentional Style!

DTsgirl
January 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Do you ever look at your hair and realize, through simply un-braiding / de-bunning / leaving your hair alone, you have unknowingly hit one of the currennt "It" looks without even trying? For example, I just undid my sleep braid (that I did yesterday morning before work; I am lazy) and I have gorgeous tight waves below my ears and arfully disheveled volume up top! I read a tutorial for pretty much this "look" that involved blow dryer, curling iron, mousse, hair spray, teasing and pommade. And I did it with no product or heat, just laziness and sleep! Ha! Now if I could just get it to stay this way for 7 hours, I'd be set, lol.

leoninnu
January 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
I do this hairstyle where I put my hair on a pony and braid the pony to about 10 small braids. Usually when I open it it looks just ridiculous but sometimes it looks weirdly awesome, when I have totally smooth top and then these crazy curls start from ear level. But yeah, usually it just looks stupid. I think it needs my hair to be heavier and shinier than normal or something. I wish I knew :confused:

spidermom
January 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Absolutely. A lot of mornings I will throw my hair up into a somewhat disheveled bun (like my sig pic) without combing it because I don't want to take the time to be careful. I happened across a video on how to do a modern bun, and the stylist blow-dried the hair, used a flat iron, lots of product, roughened the texture doing sort of a back-combing motion with the fingers, then formed the bun. It looked a lot like my buns. My jaw dropped in disbelief. Why go through all the blow-drying and straightening if the desire was for an uncombed texture? Weird!

Anywhere
January 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I love when this happens. :D:D:D I get lovely waves when I french braid my hair for sleep if its still damp/wet.

Rabya-Khadija
January 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Whenever I tie my hair up on a night I wake up with nice waves, sometimes they're better than if I braid or curl but sometimes they make me look like a crazy wild woman :D