PDA

View Full Version : Funny; My mom thinks "it's all about extensions"...

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:03 PM
I was at the supermarket today, and saw two people with knee length hair. I was shocked and amazed, my sister was hysterical.
I was telling my mom about it at dinner, and as usual, she had to mention the word "extensions".
She used to have curly, hip length hair, now a short bob, but apparently, these days "nobody can have hair that long, everyone wears extensions".
That got me thinking...

Would it be childish of me to grow my hair to my knees, just to prove her wrong? :D

jesis
January 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
I say do it :D lol

UltraBella
January 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
I say go for it too, lol !

ladycaladium
January 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Go for it!

BunnyBee
January 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
DO it do it do it!

DTsgirl
January 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Childish? Maybe. Deeply rewarding on a shallow but ever so meaningful level? Absolutely. A significant reason I have never cut my hair is because my grandmother HATES it. Stupid? Yes. Do I get a smirky little thrill whenever she sighs over it? You bet your socks I do!:D

leoninnu
January 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Not childish at all! Go for it :D

As for myself I'm going to get the prettiest and healthiest long hair and then show it to my mom who thinks I need to cut my hair to bob because it's in "such a bad condiotion". She's one to talk, her hair is nothing but bleach damage :rolleyes:

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:22 PM
I say do it :D lol

I say go for it too, lol !

Go for it!

DO it do it do it!

I was joking about it the other day, telling a friend my new resolution would be grow my hair to my knees, but after today, I think I just might.
Seems we have a winner! :cheese:

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Childish? Maybe. Deeply rewarding on a shallow but ever so meaningful level? Absolutely. A significant reason I have never cut my hair is because my grandmother HATES it. Stupid? Yes. Do I get a smirky little thrill whenever she sighs over it? You bet your socks I do!:D

Haha, I love your insight on this! :p

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Not childish at all! Go for it :D

As for myself I'm going to get the prettiest and healthiest long hair and then show it to my mom who thinks I need to cut my hair to bob because it's in "such a bad condiotion". She's one to talk, her hair is nothing but bleach damage :rolleyes:

I know right?! People just looove to say mean things like that. It definitely makes me want to go the opposite way too. Not just because I want long hair, but because I know I can do it right :D

spidermom
January 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
For whatever reason, in the words of my 9-year-old granddaughter: knee length hair would be AWESOME!.

Elenna
January 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Super long hair, do it. :thudpile:

Super WOW!!! :D

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
For whatever reason, in the words of my 9-year-old granddaughter: knee length hair would be AWESOME!.

Aww, kids are precious :o

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Super long hair, do it. :thudpile:

Super WOW!!! :D

I've been thinking, and joking about it for a while, but I think I just might go through with it :D

Avvoltoio
January 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
i say go for it, i would be happy if you would like that length, and not only cause to prove something, but i say go for it, maybe you will love it :)

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
i say go for it, i would be happy if you would like that length, and not only cause to prove something, but i say go for it, maybe you will love it :)

I wouldn't do it just to make a point, I love knee length hair, there's something almost magical to it.
This whole situation is just a funny reason to add to the list :p
I'm not even sure if my hair can grow that long, but I'm definitely going to try =]

Little_Bird
January 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
It would be childish, but a delight to see her face hehe... :) Do it if you want it ^^

GOD I just saw! You are from Portugal!! ME TOO :D

Oláaaaa!!! hehe

I mean, two people with knee lenght hair? I never saw that here!.... Lucky you :)

Horray for portuguese people with long hair :D

marzipanthecat
January 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Extensions??? A very nice lady once came up to me to ask where I had my extensions done, and I told her it was all my own (with the usual "No, really, it is!"), and then I kind of clinched it with "Who would bother to DYE their hair this colour?!"

Also, yes, go grow it knee length!

(I aim to grow mine that long - hopefully!)

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
It would be childish, but a delight to see her face hehe... :) Do it if you want it ^^

GOD I just saw! You are from Portugal!! ME TOO :D

Oláaaaa!!! hehe

I mean, two people with knee lenght hair? I never saw that here!.... Lucky you :)

Horray for portuguese people with long hair :D

Olá! :D

I know! it was kind of weird. Two knee length haired people here?! Who would have thought? :p
I don't think they were portuguese though, the lady was from India, or of Indian descent, they usually have pretty long hair. And they guy was very blond and pale. Not very common amongst portuguese gents.

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Extensions??? A very nice lady once came up to me to ask where I had my extensions done, and I told her it was all my own (with the usual "No, really, it is!"), and then I kind of clinched it with "Who would bother to DYE their hair this colour?!"

Also, yes, go grow it knee length!

(I aim to grow mine that long - hopefully!)

:spitting: "Who would bother to DYE their hair this colour?!"

Hopefully both of us will get there! :D

IcarusBride
January 2nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
I was thinking about this the other day and I made an observation... Hair longer than ~Tailbone is almost never extensions. I don't think there's anywhere to buy extensions that long. So it's kind of silly when people ask longhairs of Classic+ length if their hair is extensions, where would they buy 3, 4, 5 foot long extensions?

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I was thinking about this the other day and I made an observation... Hair longer than ~Tailbone is almost never extensions. I don't think there's anywhere to buy extensions that long. So it's kind of silly when people ask longhairs of Classic+ length if their hair is extensions, where would they buy 3, 4, 5 foot long extensions?

I never thought about it but you do have a point! I've never seen extensions longer than hip, and most of them here are between bsl and waist.

Avvoltoio
January 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't do it just to make a point, I love knee length hair, there's something almost magical to it.
This whole situation is just a funny reason to add to the list :p
I'm not even sure if my hair can grow that long, but I'm definitely going to try =]

So go for it,:thumbsup: i happy to hear that, i think you will be able to grow to that length, cause you have beautiful healty thick hair now :)

enfys
January 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM

Aww, look. Now you've left me nothing to say.

Other than...GROW IT TO KNEE RITA! :cheese:

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
So go for it,:thumbsup: i happy to hear that, i think you will be able to grow to that length, cause you have beautiful healty thick hair now :)

I hope you are right. Thank you :)

RitaPG
January 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Aww, look. Now you've left me nothing to say.

Other than...GROW IT TO KNEE RITA! :cheese:
Haha. Yes! :D

Arya
January 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
extensions longer than midback are murderously expensive and tangle into useless heaps after a few weeks. waist length and longer is almost always real. Unless extensions are very professionally done, use expensive hair, and are almost brand new, you can tell right away.

Rocket22
January 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Most people don't wear extensions that long but it is possible here is a photo of some of mine before I cut it to waist and it was pretty long here (although not knee or even close) :) and this hair was not even considered extra long. (which extra long can be ordered) and of course depends on how tall one is.. I'm pretty short :)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Rocket222006/beforecut.jpg

christine1989
January 2nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
It would be unthinkable to get knee length extentions and maintain them. I would be broke in a month!

myria
January 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
where would they buy 3, 4, 5 foot long extensions?
Maybe you could get extensions put on other extensions?

adiapalic
January 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
LOL! Do it!!

DecafJane
January 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
You could go for it, but it may take so long that once it gets there, she would have forgotten about her comments. ;)

Amraann
January 2nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I would let it grow.
I think you can order long extensions but certainly not knee length. (Maybe specially made?)

Dragon
January 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Is it childish? I’m not sure but I think it would be fun to do and fun to see the look on her face when you get there. My advice is to go for it? Maybe even aim for ankle length :D

Alvrodul
January 3rd, 2011, 02:51 AM
Go for it!! All of us here will cheer you on! :D

Night_Kitten
January 3rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
LOL! I too say go for it, childish is not always bad :D

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
LOL! Do it!!
I will! :cheese:

You could go for it, but it may take so long that once it gets there, she would have forgotten about her comments. ;)
She mentions the word "extensions" so often that I'm sure she'll remember. :p

I would let it grow.
I think you can order long extensions but certainly not knee length. (Maybe specially made?)
Aiming for it :D
I'm not sure, I've never bought extensions, but at that length it just seems waaay too expensive and too much maintenance.

Is it childish? I’m not sure but I think it would be fun to do and fun to see the look on her face when you get there. My advice is to go for it? Maybe even aim for ankle length :D
Yep. Growing it out will be half the fun :D

Go for it!! All of us here will cheer you on! :D
I thought people would bash me for being silly, but everyone has been so supportive about it. And truth be told, I needed this :o

LOL! I too say go for it, childish is not always bad :D
Underlined, and agreed :cheese:

Avital88
January 3rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Haha Do it!!! :P One reason im growing out my hair is because when i was 16 i had the most beautiful hair of the whole school, then i cut it to chin, made it black with a perm and ruined my hair. it fell out and i was almost bald. I lost friends because i wasnt the same girl in their eyes anymore, so i understand the growing to proove something thing:) go for it haha

Locksmith
January 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Doooooo it! Do it do it do it! :D

Interesting point about extensions. I wonder what the longest ones I can find are. *wanders off to do some googling*

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
Haha Do it!!! :P One reason im growing out my hair is because when i was 16 i had the most beautiful hair of the whole school, then i cut it to chin, made it black with a perm and ruined my hair. it fell out and i was almost bald. I lost friends because i wasnt the same girl in their eyes anymore, so i understand the growing to proove something thing:) go for it haha

I did something similar when I was that age, I had elbow length hair and gave myself a crazy layered short cut. It was longer on the left side. The only difference was that I was happy about it and everyone seemed to love it. Those were good days but I wouldn't do it again LOL

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Doooooo it! Do it do it do it! :D

Interesting point about extensions. I wonder what the longest ones I can find are. *wanders off to do some googling*
Sometimes I think you're all a lot more excited than I am about this :D

Now let's go figure out the extensions thing :p

CaityBear
January 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Do it!!!!

My goal used to just be classic then I decided I want to go to knee...why? Just to say I once had knee length hair! lol

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Do it!!!!

My goal used to just be classic then I decided I want to go to knee...why? Just to say I once had knee length hair! lol

That's actually well thought :D

Veer666
January 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
That would be fun!

EtherealOde
January 3rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Do it!!!!

Drat you, now I am rethinking my goal of classic!!! How can a person tell if their terminal length allows them to have hair that long though?

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
Drat you, now I am rethinking my goal of classic!!! How can a person tell if their terminal length allows them to have hair that long though?

Good question. I have no idea how that works, I'm just hoping mine will reach that far :o

AnnaJamila
January 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
I want hair that long!!! But I'm afraid of how it will look since I'm... well... a bit round! :o Right now I'm going to grow it to my tailbone, long enough so that it when I pull it forward over my shoulders the ends will go a bit past the tops of my hip bones. I'm also trying to lose 40 pounds so maybe that will help things look a bit nicer... We'll see!

RitaPG
January 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
I want hair that long!!! But I'm afraid of how it will look since I'm... well... a bit round! :o Right now I'm going to grow it to my tailbone, long enough so that it when I pull it forward over my shoulders the ends will go a bit past the tops of my hip bones. I'm also trying to lose 40 pounds so maybe that will help things look a bit nicer... We'll see!

What does body curvature has to do with hair length? The way I see it, "round" ladies probably look even sexier, with long hair cascading down their curves.
Nice hair is always nice :)