PDA

View Full Version : Deep Conditioner / Deep Treatment Recommendations

Lassie
January 2nd, 2011, 02:54 AM
Title says is all.
What are your deep treatment / deep conditioner recommendations??
My hair does seem to like cones, it has taken well to coconut oil as well.
I need something very very moisturising.

(refer here for my hair dilema)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62381&goto=newpost

I did a clarify, but the American Dream conditioner does not seem rich enough to have restored the moisture in my hair. It does look and feel better after the clarify - but still very dry.

TIA :)

rosek
January 2nd, 2011, 04:22 AM
Garnier Triple Nutrition Hair Butter mask. I love it. Only takes five minutes too, so you can do it in the shower :) I find it very moisturising.

julliams
January 2nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
Have you tried a coconut milk soak??? I love this and it always makes my hair so soft and moisturised. Get a can of lite coconut milk (full cream can be too fatty and hard to get out of your hair, so I've heard???). I divide a 400ml can into about 3 parts. I just freeze the other portions for later. So, using about third of the can, put it all over your dry hair. I position myself over the bath and put a stainless steel bowl under my hair so it catches the excess which I can then retip over my head. Do this until all the coconut milk has been used up and your hair is sopping. I kind of work it all the way through and then put it in a bun on top of my head. You might need to wear a towel around your shoulders to catch the drips. I often go for a hour walk at this point. Keep it on for as long as you an (an hour is sufficient).

Then go ahead and shampoo and condition as normal.

I find it excellent and am due to do another real soon as my SMT's aren't really doing that much for my hair at the moment.

Hope this helps.

luxepiggy
January 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
Shu Uemura Art of Hair: Moisture Velvet Treatment Masque (^(oo)^)

julliams
January 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
Can I also suggest the Aldi 5 stars conditioner? It's really great and I find it to be quite moisturising too. I use it for my SMT's. I think my problem today is that I used Aloe Vera Gel as a leave in and it made my ends tangly and sticky. Won't be doing that again!

x0h_bother
January 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
In my experience, Pantene sucks after a few uses (see the Pantene thread).
My DT steps in the shower:
-Rinse out cones (poo)
-Use a good humectant (biolage conditioning balm is popular, nexxus has some humectant conditioners)
-Use some coconut oil (unless you have been going overboard)
-Use a good coney conditioner (unless you have been going overboard)
-I also put some Martix sleek look smooth recovery treatment- it is like a hot oil treatment but I use it as a conditioner- on the ends.
-Cold rinse

GL :)