PDA

View Full Version : Do Bangs Grow Faster...Mine do!

JuneBride
December 31st, 2010, 06:52 PM
Do you think that your "bangs" grow faster than the rest of your hair? Mine seem too!

Francoise1606
December 31st, 2010, 06:56 PM
Mine definitely do. I cut them to about eyebrow length around the 1st of september and as of today they are at my upper lip, when stretched/wet. so that is a lot more growth than the rest of my hair. But I am happy about that since I want my bangs to catch up with the rest of my hair:)

JuneBride
December 31st, 2010, 06:59 PM
I made a typo in the title :( How can I fix that!?!?

trillcat
December 31st, 2010, 07:12 PM
I made a typo in the title :( How can I fix that!?!?
LOL, I like the typo, made me click wondering what bo bangs were! :D

monsterna
December 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
I don't know if they grow faster, actually. I know what you mean. I FEEL like they do. But I also think it's probably because it's much more noticeable. We ,on't notice when our length grows a half inch, an inch, or even two inches. But you definitely notice that 1/2" of bangs, because now you can't see through all the hair or it's tickling your nose or what have you!

JuneBride
December 31st, 2010, 07:19 PM
I don't know if they grow faster, actually. I know what you mean. I FEEL like they do. But I also think it's probably because it's much more noticeable. We ,on't notice when our length grows a half inch, an inch, or even two inches. But you definitely notice that 1/2" of bangs, because now you can't see through all the hair or it's tickling your nose or what have you!

Maybe...but if you look at my albums...it seems my bangs literlly grow faster then my lenght :(

christine1989
December 31st, 2010, 07:39 PM
I think they do too. Back when I had bangs I had to trim nearly each week. Maybe you get more circulation around your hairline or something.

PrincessTieflin
December 31st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Mine seem like they do, but really then dont :( my roots on my bangs are the same as the rest of my hair.. I think it just seems that way cause they are down in my face all the time :D

lesbia
January 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
Absolutely! so much faster! :)

Juneii
January 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I don't think mine does, it's probably just because my longer hair is shedding/getting more damage than my bangs so they seem to grow faster. So it's actually going at the same rate but seems to be different.

jesis
January 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm the same. I cut my bangs at my eyebrow in September and now the are at my upper lip after 2 trims. That seems like it's much more than the rest!

trillcat
January 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM
I agree that it just seems they grow faster. Down the back you don't notice a half inch here and there as you grow as much, (unless you are growing from a short cut) but in your face, that same half inch now is hanging in your eyes. Facial markers of growth are so much smaller than the traditional ones we all know. In a month all the rest of your hair may not seem like it did much growing, but that fringe that sat so perfect just above eyebrow is now poking you in the eyes.

Imnotarobot
January 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
they don't really grow faster then the other hairs, they just seem to cause they have a shorter length to reach to make a noticeable difference then the others, do.

Deborah
January 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe George Michael was right about bangs slowing down the rest of the hair's growth.

Among those who regularly measure their hair, some folks with bangs might like to measure their bangs separately to see if they indeed do grow faster. It might be a fun experiment. (I can't do it myself because I don't have bangs.)

trillcat
January 1st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Maybe George Michael was right about bangs slowing down the rest of the hair's growth.

Among those who regularly measure their hair, some folks with bangs might like to measure their bangs separately to see if they indeed do grow faster. It might be a fun experiment. (I can't do it myself because I don't have bangs.)

Ooooo dont get me started on that! How in the world can cutting part of your hair cause the rest to grow slow?!!!
I can tell by my root growth, as I color my hair, the fastest growing part is the underside of the back of my head, nape of the neck. It also tends to get the most tangles so it keeps up with the rest out of the damage it takes.

Olyve
January 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM
I cut my bangs just shy of the top of my eye brows on November 6th - as of today they are just below my nose headed towards the top of my lip.

It feel and looks like they grow faster than the length, so maybe they do...

marzipanthecat
January 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Yes, I think mine do.

I think it's because I'm at (or near) terminal length now with the rest of my hair, so my fringe (English term for bangs!) just keeps on growing like I wish the rest of my hair would!

Juneii
January 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ooooo dont get me started on that! How in the world can cutting part of your hair cause the rest to grow slow?!!!
I can tell by my root growth, as I color my hair, the fastest growing part is the underside of the back of my head, nape of the neck. It also tends to get the most tangles so it keeps up with the rest out of the damage it takes.

I feel a bit skeptical about that too, Somehow I don't think our bodies really know when a strand of hair is shorter than the other. Do our scalps have little sensors in the follicle that sends beams down the hair shaft and measure the length and then send little signals to the rest of the hairs to grow slower so the short one can grow faster/catch up? @____@

Verybadhairday
January 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mine grow slower it seems
I am growing out dye and the length of new growth is less on my fringe than the rest of my head , maybe 2.5 inches instead of 3.5 :(

DuckyDot
January 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Mods Please delete.

DuckyDot
January 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Mine are slower! For every inch of growth for my hair I get about 1/6" for my fringe!

T.L.T.
January 1st, 2011, 05:18 PM
LOL, I like the typo, made me click wondering what bo bangs were! :D

LOL I didn't even see the typo until I read your post.

DTsgirl
January 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM
I have bangs that I'm growing out (they seemed like a SUPER AWESOME idea until .3 seconds after she cut them) and since I dye my hair, I can see the bang roots grow at the same rate my other roots grow, but the length appears to grow much faster. In fact, that is what convinced me I need to trim my hair far, far more often than I have been. If my bangs gained 3 inches in LESS than 6 months, my tips are breaking of at exactly the rate my roots grow. Very sad. So, no, they don't grow faster, but because they are mostly young hair, the break off at the tip WAY less, and therefore, can quite easily be perceived as growing faster. And we all know perception is reality.

JuneBride
January 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
LOL I didn't even see the typo until I read your post.

I think a nice modersator came by and fixed it ;)

Thank you!!!

lw8666
January 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Ive noticed this too! My bangs seem to grow super fast!

rhosyn_du
January 1st, 2011, 07:20 PM
It sometimes seems like my bangs grow faster, but I can see root growth because I color my hair, so I can see that my bangs aren't actually growing faster than the rest of my hair.

krn2891
January 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM
mine don't because I have hit termanal length for my bangs. they will not grow longer then shoulder length. I cut all my hair back to that length thinking that I would have even hair and my bangs have not gotten longer while the rest of my hair has.

Avital88
January 2nd, 2011, 02:58 AM
It really seems like my bangs are growing faster than my lenght,but on the other hand.End of september my hair was 0.5inch above waist and now its more then 2 inches past waist so i think that is actually the same on my bangs but its just more in your face.I cant wait untill my bangs can be behind my ears again so not have to use bobby pins all the time.

MaggieMae
January 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
I always either have bangs, or half-grown out bangs these days. This is because I do like having bangs, but they do grow out really fast! I'm lazy with their trims, so they end up half way down my head again after a few weeks.

DARKMARTIAN
January 2nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
I havent actually had bangs in many years...... but if those hairs that WOULD be bangs do in fact grow faster on me then I probably wouldnt know as they are the first to take the brunt of my brushing. And umm.......im not always the gentlest brusher....:o

marsali
January 2nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
I think so :) my Bangs grow incredibly fast :D probably you can see it here xD

it looks so lame xD I went to festival and this was my cosplay xD
http://nd04.jxs.cz/044/400/d6d327d8e1_72363135_u.jpg

http://nd04.jxs.cz/685/634/ee871371b6_72363081_u.jpg

AnaGeorgette
January 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
I think it all grows pretty much the same but bangs split/break less so that it seems like they grow faster...

I'm just assuming this because atm I am growing out my black hair and have blonde roots, so I literally have a very clear 'growth indicator line' circling the top of my head XD anyway the root length all around is the same, so it's def. not growing 'faster' at the scalp, but in the time I've been growing it out the bangs have still increased at least 5 cm more in length than the rest.

boomtownrat
January 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
My hairstylist friend said that she has a client who always used to get a blunt cut, all the same length front and back, but when this client would return for a trim, the back would always be longer than the front. Then my friend instead did an inverted (or would that be asymmetrical?) cut that was shorter in the back and the client's hair would have evened up in length by the time she came back for trims. That suggests that it's entirely possible that hair doesn't grow uniformly. I do think my bangs/fringe and my hair in back grow faster than the sides do, as it's taken longer for the hair on the sides of my head to grow out from the pixie cut.

x0h_bother
January 2nd, 2011, 11:16 PM
Mine do too! Why???

Roseate
January 2nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Mine grow slower than the rest of my hair.

During my no-trimming year, my length at the back gained several inches more than my bangs. The center back of my hair grows the fastest; my hair naturally forms a u-shaped hem.

rena
January 2nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mine seem to as well. I trim my bangs around my eyebrows and after a month or so rolls by and they are down to my chin, I find myself sadly addressing the rest of my hair as if it were a least favored child: "why can't you be more like the bangs?" *sigh* :rolleyes:

julliams
January 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Is it that whole "cut it and it will grow faster" thing? I often wonder with my leg hair. I wax it, turn around two weeks later and it looks due again. I'm sure my head hair isn't growing that fast!!!