PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow and Eyelash growth cycle?

Dreamkitty
December 31st, 2010, 12:27 PM
:) I was just wondering what is the terminal length for eyebrows and eyelashes?. Also how does the growth cycle happen, say if you plucked out an eyebrow hair, how long till it grows back again?.

Also does head hair grow faster or slower then eyebrow/eyelash hairs?

Igor
December 31st, 2010, 01:47 PM
:) I was just wondering what is the terminal length for eyebrows and eyelashes?.
I heard 4-6 weeks which seems to fit with the maximum length people tend to reach. But it’s highly individual like all hair growth.

Also how does the growth cycle happen, say if you plucked out an eyebrow hair, how long till it grows back again?.
If you pluck out a hair and it comes with the little “root”, you have plucked it out mid-growth-cycle and it will go right back to regrowing. Will probably take a few days before it shows again. However, repeated plucking will hurt the chances of regrowth as you damage the tissue inside the follicle.

Also does head hair grow faster or slower then eyebrow/eyelash hairs?
That like all hair growth is highly individual. Not all body hair grows at the same pace.

Dreamkitty
December 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM
:)Thank you for replying Igor. I plucked one hair once on my eyebrow and that is it. I was just wanted to know what the eyebrow growth cycle was so I could have an idea of how often I would need to pluck.

christine1989
December 31st, 2010, 05:15 PM
When I pluck out and eyebrow hair is is back in about 2 days and I have to pluck again :rolleyes:. I don't think that is typical though. My eyelashes on the other hand grow back very slowly but get VERY long before falling out.

Dreamkitty
December 31st, 2010, 05:18 PM
When I pluck out and eyebrow hair is is back in about 2 days and I have to pluck again :rolleyes:. I don't think that is typical though. My eyelashes on the other hand grow back very slowly but get VERY long before falling out.

My sister has long, thick eyebrow. She actually nearly had a unibrow. She cleaned up her eyebrow (stray hairs) and it looks like it growed back more faster with more hair.:o I just hope hat when I pluck those stray hairs, it won't come out messier when it regrows.

Sunsailing
January 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
With slight variation, all the hair on your body grows at about the same rate. Sounds weird, but true.

The difference is in terminal length. The growth cycle on top of your head is much longer than on other parts of your body.