PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your hair this weekend?

Curlsgirl
June 6th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I am going to treat mine to a nice long SMT tomorrow while I work around the house. Poor hair, it's way overdue for some TLC like this!

What are you doing with your hair this weekend?

wolf girl
June 6th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I'm thinking henna.....:eyebrows:

LilyMunster
June 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Ojon RT. Mist hair first. Put it just to the length. Leave it for 24 hours. CO, finishing w cold filtered water (this month's experiment).

DecafJane
June 6th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That is a great idea! I will be home all weekend (massive exam next week) so I'll be doing a treatment, too! :D

ladystar
June 6th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I am going to a wedding so I will be doing solar rollers on it making it curly at the ends. YAY!!! Taking some pictures to show! :D

Delenn
June 6th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I'll be putting it in a bun saturday and sunday. (Well, you asked!) :p :eyebrows:

Guenever
June 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Nothing special, really.. Tomorrow is a washday, so I'll be SC'ing and wearing a damp bun all afternoon.. Later that night I'm going to a house warming and... I'm thinking: a bun :P
Other than that - I'm going to enjoy the sunshine and 25-30 degrees celcius.. and hope for a loooooong growth spurt this summer :grin:

harley mama
June 6th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I plan on soaking it in chlorine water all day! I will finally get to be in the pool again
and I am going to take full advantage of it!:D

BlndeInDisguise
June 6th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I finally figured out how to take a timed picture (or whatever it's called) on my sisters camera, so I'm going to take a picture of my hair! :) I usually have Mom do it for me, and she thinks I'm CRACKED.....she might be right, but I do have a method to my madness. :D

Altocumulus
June 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Saturday - braid for karate, then up in a bun as the temperature is forecast to reach 96F, with the usual NYC humidity. Sunday it will still be hot and I'll be going door to door gathering ballot petition signatures, so I'll break out my Democratic donkey hairstick (http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Hair-Stick-Democrat-Obama-Donkey-hairstick_W0QQitemZ320258312929QQihZ011QQcategoryZ 110631QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for the first time this year!

Siava
June 6th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Putting it up under a hat so I can paint my mother's fence. *grumble*

Lamb
June 6th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Trying to keep it within a mile from my head. Relative humidity 83% at the moment in Toronto. :rolleyes: I am in for a "Bride of Frankenstein" weekend. :cool:

Gladtobemom
June 6th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Henna.

I've been wanting to try making the henna gel version.

heidihug
June 6th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Putting it up under a hat so I can paint my mother's fence. *grumble*

Well, if it's a straw hat, you could pretend you're Tom Sawyer, Siava!

I am wearing it in an English braid - a first for me, at this length anyway - for a graduation party. Then tomorrow I will be putting it up, as we hope to get in nine holes of golf in the morning before it storms again.

If I have time on Sunday, I may touch up my roots, as I did a crappy job of it last time I colored - almost two months ago, maybe? I have about .5 to .75 of an inch of outgrowth showing, more in a few places. Gah.

eadwine
June 6th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Coconut oil is going in it in a while, and then it is going to sit like that overnight, and tomorrow I will wash it and deep condition, like always. :)

may1em
June 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Daylong drive tomorrow followed by a day of errands on Sunday - so, putting it up and forgetting about it.

Magdalene
June 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I am going to a wedding so I will be doing solar rollers on it making it curly at the ends. YAY!!! Taking some pictures to show! :D

What are solar rollers???

I'm going to be attempting to detangle and a light oiling.

.Amanaka.
June 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm probably going to slather it in coconut oil tonight, WO it out tomorrow, and then put more in on Sunday when I have to work in the sun all day. (Homemade hot oil treatment? IDK)

Aisha25
June 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM
What are solar rollers???

I'm going to be attempting to detangle and a light oiling.
Solar rollers are flexible pieces of fabric with cotton and wires inside. Usually there gold in color,you roll your hair with them then bend them in place to stay.

Mary <><
June 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Double ropes! I am going hiking and that is my standard outdoorsy hairdo! It is not uncommon for me to wear my pink crocheted kerchief over that style, but I never know what my mood will be till I get out there! :D

FrannyG
June 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
It's hot and humid here and will be for the weekend so that means I'll be sporting a French braided bun. Perhaps I'll also indulge in our Canadian specialty--a couple of cold ones.:beerchug:

Islandgrrl
June 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I was going to do an SMT tomorrow, but I ended up doing it last night for a couple hours instead, so my hair and I are free spirits this weekend with no plans to do anything but be happy!

longhairdreams
June 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going to dye it back to its natural color.Hopefully with good results.Then I'm going to oil it and bun it for awhile.Wish me luck.

Paniscus
June 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Since I'll be working this weekend, it will be in an updo of some sort. With the heat/humidity around here, I've been sporting updos and braids quite often these days. . .

EDT: once I posted, I saw your response FrannyG! We apparently speak the same language :) Of course, your way of dealing with the humid heat is probably going to be much prettier than my sad attempt at an updo! You're still the braiding Queen!

peachy.pudding
June 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Wash day tomo but i might wait until sunday so its sparkling clean for church, however i will prob be out on sat so many tomo is best!

bex487
June 6th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm washing it tonight, and tomorrow putting in lots of leave-in condition while I go to the beach (don't want to get UV damage!). I'll rinse it out and let it dry naturally while my friend and I go to an outdoor shopping area, it's supposed to be hot.

mugglemomof3
June 6th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm going to do a couple of SMT's, touch up my roots, and wear it mostly up (damp) which should hopefully help with the extreme heat wave we're suffering through down here. :rolleyes:

jojo
June 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Overnight oil for me, followed by a SMT and burdock rinse for me. Then its up and off to work I go!

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Well I will go shopping for some ACV and then wash with my new shampoo bar and ACV rinse.

Then let it air dry, maybe take a few photos and shove in a snood while I do chores. I will probs work on a nice style for church on sunday too

eresh
June 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Wash day sunday, untill then wear it up and out of the way as I have to paint lettering on an ad board. Don't want that in my hair.

Forever_Sophie
June 6th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm excited, got called for an interview I really want for Mon. so either tomorrow night or Sun., I will shampoo, deep condition, blow dry and straighten either then or Mon. morning.

Flying Betty
June 6th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Abusing it- the pool is open now and I love to swim!

wintersun99
June 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM

AJoifulNoise
June 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I don't think I'm going to do anything really special.

I'll shampoo and condition it tomorrow, as usual. Though, Wal*Mart was out of my type of John Frieda conditioner... So, I'm using the next closest one. We'll see how it goes!

Sunday I'll probably just put it up and forget about it. But, I might do a sock bun. I haven't done many sock buns recently.

mira-chan
June 6th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I'm going to hopefully wash it Saturday (may be Sunday morning). Then I get to show it off to fellow LHCers in person. :D :cheese:

chloeishere
June 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I think I'm going to cassia AGAIN tonight (I just did one on Monday, but I did something different, added protein-containing conditioner, and I think my hair didn't get as nice as normal afterwards, due to the extra tangling from too much protein). I have protein-free cone-free conditioner to add now, and I'd like to try it again!
(I'm going to smell like hay for a week!)

I think I'd also like to do some more job applications (which means my hair will be up and contained, while I sit at my desk, right?), but I'm not sure if I'll have time between my boyfriend and work. Perhaps not till Monday-- but soon!

Masara
June 7th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Overnight oiling followed by a conditioner/honey//henna/cassia mix.

Nevermore
June 7th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Trying some new updos or "more daring" versions of them. More daring in this case means not ponytailing before doing them and actually wearing them to go out. My hair has grown quite a bit, so I might be able to keep my old bangs and such back in a tightly twisted bun now. We shall see.

I might also make a hairstick with dangly things, but that's more "for" than "with" my hair lol.

Pikkukala
June 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Keeping it braided all weekend as I'm working all day saturday and sunday. I'm going to have a play with oiling it for the first time if I get the time to see if that will help my dry ends.

Mitzy
June 7th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I went out earlier and had my fax waxed (most of it, it feels like, anyway) and got my eyebrows shaped and my brows and lashes dyed. I cleaned out my car and did some laundry, so now....
I have some jojoba and avg on my hair and it is in pigtails pinned up over the top of my head. Betsy-off-the-boat-braids my dad used to call them! Not long enough for a crown braid, but that idea. I am going to play WoW, going in to do that sprinkle the moondust quest soon and get Aspect of the Bear or whatever. Then I will wash it out.
That's about it, I guess.

DMARTINEZ
June 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Im washing Sunday, but mostly hoping and praying for it to grow the 4" I stupidly
cut off last month. :(

Deb