PDA

View Full Version : Flicking- Sign of growth spurt?

toodramatik
June 6th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Hey all. Okay so my hair these days is pretty straight (no idea why but i've changed from a 2b to like.. a 1c) but it's like, flicking outwards. and I think someone on here said in a thread that when it does that it's about to have a growth spurt? Anyone who can confirm, or destroy my hopes? :confused:

MemSahib
June 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I never heard that before. I always thought I had just slept on it wrong or something.

lora410
June 6th, 2008, 06:45 AM
You mean the ends flip out? I am going through a growth spurt and my ends look j curved or flipped out (like it does slightly past shoulder length) and refuse to lay straight for me:ponder: usually they lay straight down and flat:shrug:

Angellen
June 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I've never heard that either. My ends all flick outwards (in different directions) in a J or C fashion, and have done so for a very long time.

flapjack
June 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
My hair does this all the time. I have some hairs that flick a little bit in any and every direction and then I have some that go completely straight down. It's really normal for me and it's been like this for a long time.

Examples- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1121&pictureid=14213
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1121&pictureid=14210

toodramatik
June 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
My hair does this all the time. I have some hairs that flick a little bit in any and every direction and then I have some that go completely straight down. It's really normal for me and it's been like this for a long time.

Examples-

Yes, but my flicks are really different. Like.. when people straighten their hair and 'flick' it out

http://www.cwstyle.com/_media/look/details/12.jpg

Like that ;/

flapjack
June 7th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I honestly don't know. In my personal experience, my ends have only started to look like that when my hair is looking shaggy and needs a trim/dusting. Of course, everyone's hair/head is different and does different things, so it's hard to say. But that being a sign of a growth spurt is something I've never heard of. It could be true, but if it is I would definitely like to know more about it because the relation between ends flipping out and faster growth confuses me a little, haha.

GlennaGirl
June 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
My hair tended to "flick" outward as it got to a longer stage simply because the wave (which I no longer have...that's why I say "tended") was moved down farther, bit by bit. I hope that makes sense. A wave goes over and under, over and under...at any given length from the top, the bottom is either on a downward or upward part of the wave.

1nuitblanche
June 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I think that Glenna Girl explained it well. Mine always has the funny little flips and it's because of the waves that are really loose (like, almost imperceptible) in my straight hair.

spidermom
June 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, it means you are having a growth spurt! Isn't that fabulous?

(Actually, I have no idea, but why not? Believing is half the battle.)

toodramatik
June 8th, 2008, 01:23 AM

Meanie. you got my hopes up.

lora410
June 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM

I agree some of it is mental power. I said hey I am growing and sure ehough I am :lol: