PDA

View Full Version : I tried a wig, and I liked it

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I tried a wig, and I liked it ... Sung to the tune of Katy Perry? :)

Anyway here are pictures: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6921
(eta: and a video of me combing it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHO54WyvI0Y))

This was a completely whimsical purchase ... I was feeling tempted by short hair and wanted to see if this whole long-hair thing was even worth my trouble! The verdict is in!
A) I'm still growing. :)
B) My head is HUGE. The wig kept popping off.
C) I'm so glad my real hair isn't ITCHY!!!!

I was also surprised that I felt very authoritative with hair brushing my forearms. In a femme fatale kind of way.

I felt authoritative with short hair but not shoulder length ... I assumed it was only possible to feel that with short hair and was actually very sad that I might have to give up that feeling if I keep growing. It's useful to know that I won't have to give it up!

christine1989
December 30th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I would have never guess that is a wig! It looks really realistic and matches your real hair color very well. Long hair definalty suits you well. :)

TinaDenali
December 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Holy cow!! Where did you get that wig?!
It looks SOOO natural! If I didn't know you were wearing a wig in those pictures I would have never guessed you had one on... wow!

You look fantastic with long hair! I like that cut, too.

:D

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks!! :) It's this one in color #4: http://www.voguewigs.com/zara-5133-lace-front-wig-jon-renau.html
(A rather extravagant purchase I know but I got my security deposit back from my old apartment and was looking for something fun and whimsical to amuse myself!)

I just wish the wig were bigger to accommodate my HUGE HEAD!

Anyone who thinks I have voluminous hair, you're wrong, I apparently just have a voluminous head.

If I place the wig's forehead hairline on my own hairline, the wig's nape is 4 inches above my own nape!! shudder:
It's kind of like a ... tophat

McFearless
December 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM
You look great:) Speaking of Katy Perry I've always wanted one of her crazy, blue wigs.

MilknHoney
December 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I can't see pics yet but I did check the website - lovely!

I made a similar splurge on some very $$ clip-in extensions a few months back, just to test it the new look and have some fun. Ultimately it encouraged me to work to grow my own hair. Isn't it fun to try on something new, instant-gratification-style? :)

nena_shawty
December 30th, 2010, 06:15 PM
wow you look great with long hair and it does look very natural...

kschr2004
December 30th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I really, really like that wig. Synthetic wigs and hair pieces don't normally look that natural.

It looks really good on you! :)

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Glad you like it! I am happy about my utterly pointless purchase.

My real hair is actually shinier and softer than the wig ... that's puzzling, but I suppose it's good! The wig also feels kind of thin so I might try my luck adding some more hair to it.

I also just trimmed the lace in front which made it a lot less scratchy, and I removed the adjustable tabs which made it fit better since my head is so big... it's actually pretty comfortable now.

Bucatini
December 30th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I was also surprised that I felt very authoritative with hair brushing my forearms. In a femme fatale kind of way.

Well said and I totally agree. And the wig looks good on you.

kdaniels8811
December 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I was going to point out both trimming the lace in the front and the velcro tabs - I have the same wig and love it. I have others wigs that are three or four times thicker, really unnatural looking because there is so much hair. I had to have them thinnned out. I have the same one in auburn, it is not as long as my hair was, sigh....

Enjoy! It does look great on you.

boomtownrat
December 30th, 2010, 08:56 PM
It looks fantastic!

sanfen
December 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I remember having my long hair and I loved feeling it on my back and my arms when I wore it loose. :D

Maggie May
December 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I can't see the wig photos yet because I haven't posted 25 times. I am glad you can still feel authoritative with the long hair though!!! I have thought about that recently. I currently have about shoulder length hair and my job requires me to look "professional". I am not too worried though because I am keeping up with regular trim this time around. I feel my hair will continue to look healthy as it grows this way and that is what matters to me :D

Dragon
December 30th, 2010, 09:14 PM
That wig looks so natural. I would have never guessed it was one also. Long hair really suits you.

triumphator!
December 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
It looks so good on you!! You look marvelous with long hair!

lupiae
January 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
wow you look great with long hair and it does look very natural...

I completely agree!

Shicurls
January 4th, 2011, 08:57 AM
That wig is killer! It gives me hope through the nasty shoulder/nape stage! You look beautiful with long hair!!!