PDA

View Full Version : Am I slow or Am I slow?

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I have been on this site for a year and a half. I am a person who finds correct grammar very important. Yet I never noticed the title and the meaning of the title of this forum until today!! MANE doh!! :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :brainbleach: :brainbleach: :lol:

30isthenewblack
June 6th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I love it. It's so clever! It makes me smile every time I click on it.

morgwn
June 6th, 2008, 03:49 AM
:lol: Glad you got it b/c I think it will give you a smile now every time you see it. ;)

jojo
June 6th, 2008, 03:50 AM
That made me smile too, I think there should be a forum called 'fringe benefits' for hair tips.

Phalaenopsis
June 6th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I don't get that one, 'fringe benefits' :confused:
But that's probably because I'm Flemish :)

bte
June 6th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Fringe = bangs.

Maybe some of us thought the administrators were such serious minded folk that they didn't make jokes (!).

But the Mod and Guru titles tell us different.

TammySue
June 6th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Clever indeed and I love it! (My memory tells me that our member Robbi suggested using this title instead of The Main Forum a good while back). :)

hurricane_gia
June 6th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Fringe = bangs.

To complete that pun, it helps to know that the word "Fringe" and means "something which is peripheral or secondary." So there's the main thing and then there's the fringe thing.

Saranne772
June 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
LOL I read it every day but it never clicked ;) And yes it does make me smile

dancingbarefoot
June 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have been on this site for a year and a half. I am a person who finds correct grammar very important. Yet I never noticed the title and the meaning of the title of this forum until today!! MANE doh!!

There's nothing ungrammatical about it whatsoever. Both "main forum" and "mane forum" are grammatical, they just mean different things. In this case, it just so happens that the one works as a pun for the other. :wink:

Exodus
June 6th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I remember it took me awhile, to get it, maybe because I'm not native English speaking. But there was someone on the old boards who had a hair journal with a similar title somhow and then it clicked.

brok3nwings
June 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
im sorry...could anyone explain it to me? My english is not so great so... :/ it could be dumbness but i really dont understand lol

Riot Crrl
June 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
The Main Forum = the primary forum
Mane = like on the back of a horse's head/neck; or a person's hair

So it is the primary forum that is also about hair.

Phalaenopsis
June 7th, 2008, 02:29 AM
To complete that pun, it helps to know that the word "Fringe" and means "something which is peripheral or secondary." So there's the main thing and then there's the fringe thing.

Aha, yes :) I know that fringe are bangs, but I still didn't get it.
Thank you for explaining!