PDA

View Full Version : Are you having a "good hair day"?

reverie24
December 30th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I was just thinking of this because my boyfriend took me to a pool/spa place yesterday. It has a big heated pool with music underwater, and 5 or 6 different saunas and steam rooms. I left my hair down because I wanted to feel like a mermaid in the water, but was worried it would dry it out. I went in the saunas with it down too and a hot hot hot tub outside in the snow-it was really nice but like I said, I was nervous what it would do to my hair. But then after 4 hours of being there, when I took a shower, I realized my hair felt sooo soft, way more than normal. I wonder if it was from soaking? The pool is salt water and my hair had been in so much hot water and that's not good...well, whatever it was, it definitely left me having a good hair day. My boyfriend even commented on it and said, are you going to post on LHC soaking in the pool made your hair softer? :)

So, why? What makes you have a good hair day or not?

LisaMonster
December 30th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Second day after washing is usually a good hair day for me, as long as I'm not lazy about it. :P

feb26
December 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM
second hair day after washing, my hair is :D. any time i can braid it and it stays braided, without a ton of hairpins, is also a good hair day. pins tend to pop out fairly regularly in my hair, which makes me feel like the witch on the old bugs bunny cartoons, with the 30 hairpins falling out at every step: this makes me feel :sad....

jesis
December 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
No! I haven't washed my hair since Sunday and on that day I straightened it. I instantly regretted it, but decided not to further the damage and just wear it straight for a few days. Today I have the greasy mess twin french braided to avoid dealing with it until I'm able to wash it!

Plus when I straightened I realized how greasy CO is making my scalp, so you can imagine what it looks like on day 5! I need to figure out if I'm doing it wrong or if it just isn't right for me.

Le sigh...

luxepiggy
December 30th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Every day is a good hair day! (^(oo)^)

ericthegreat
December 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Good hair days for me are right after I've CO washed my hair. I love when its fresh and clean and since I always choose nice, sweet fruity scented conditioners my hair always smells great right after a CO.

MilknHoney
December 30th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Absolutely a good day - I did my first clarifying shampoo today and a deep conditioning, lightly oiled the ends (my hair is moisture-starved), and wore it up all day in a twist.

Let it down a while ago and it's happy, happy silky waves everywhere. I keep playing with it. Mmm. :)

CaityBear
December 30th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Ugh, today hasn't been. I need to wash my hair. It's kind of oily and my just recently cut bangs are all over the place so I have to hold them back into a bobby pin.

But once I wash my hair then it shall be better. :)

Capybara
December 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Yes :) No static today, and I was finally able to plop effectively and enhance my waves! I love good hair days.

christine1989
December 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I have a "good" hair day about once a month :(. Hopefully when it gets longer that will change.

Mountaingrrl
December 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Good hair day here too! I did a CO wash last night and and ACV rinse. My hair's soft and shiny, and the wurls are behaving nicely.

Maggie May
December 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
My hair is usually good. Today though I woke up (I currently have shoulder length hair) and the ends were at a total right angle sticking off the back of my head, like two inches. It was totally funny, so I just put it in a pretty clip for work. :D

Fufu
December 31st, 2010, 01:40 AM
Good hair day today :)

pepperminttea
December 31st, 2010, 01:55 AM
Maybe the salt water acted as a clarifier?

I am, for once. :D I think my hair approves of oil shampoo. :p

Avital88
December 31st, 2010, 02:04 AM
In a few hours it will hopefully be, right now i just washed and blowdried it(just for newyears) and its kinda frizzy, i hope that tonight the frizz is less and my hair will be rocking:) haha the frizz usually goes away after 12 hours.

reverie24
December 31st, 2010, 05:00 AM

Lucky you! :p I wish I could say the same...

Maybe the salt water acted as a clarifier?

Ooh, you think it did? I use coney conditioner which my hair likes but recently started doing vinegar rinses, which my hair also loves, so if it was somehow clarifiying, it would make sense my hair would be softer. I can't really find any information on salt water clarifying though.

Bast
December 31st, 2010, 08:02 AM
Not yet, but I haven't washed my hair yet. Once that gets washed, I will be.

annieangel149
January 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
yay!!! very good hair day for me!!

washed today for the first time...with silicone,paraben and sulphate free shampoo and conditioner!
and my hair loves it! it is feeling sooo soft and light! and smells yummmmmy! :)

ArienEllariel
January 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Yes. I got a really nice cream colored headband today in the mail and it looks lovely with my hair. :)

Here's (http://www.etsy.com/listing/64392510/antique-cream-lace-and-ribbon-2-inch) a picture of it.

jchinique
January 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Good day? Yes! So much so that I put off the haircut I was complaining about needing so badly. Why does our hair always come out so nice once we decide to change it?

annieangel149
January 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Yes. I got a really nice cream colored headband today in the mail and it looks lovely with my hair. :)

Here's (http://www.etsy.com/listing/64392510/antique-cream-lace-and-ribbon-2-inch) a picture of it.

wow thats very pretty ArienEllariel :cool:

rena
January 3rd, 2011, 01:30 PM
I honestly believe that I won't be having a good hair day until its down to my knees and I hack off all this dry fluff :(

utdesertrunner
January 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Ick...I am stuck in the mullet phase right now, telling myself "don't cut, don't cut, this too shall pass". So other than a pony tail, there is not a lot that looks good on my hair. :(

Theobroma
January 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yes! Ever since I started CO-washing I've pretty much never had a "bad hair day" at all! :)

Sophiawavyhair
January 4th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Yes I am ! My hair is getting these pretty curls the healthier it gets. Hmmm but I think I over-oiled today. :-/

Henrietta
January 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Ha! I did exactly the same two days ago:) Hot water, sauna, chlorine, hair down:D I can't say I had a good hair day but it wasn't dry or anything;)

LaurelSpring
January 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Ditto Piggy. I was going to post the exact same thing!:beercheer:

jchinique
January 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Well, got it done. Shag bordering on mullet :/
At least now I only have to keep the bangs trimmed to stay out of my face.

Burgundyhair
January 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yes and no. Went to bed with my hair wet last night and woke up to smooshed up curls. However, I did a deep conditioning with Curls' Ecstasy Hair Tea Organic Conditioner last night. It left my hair feeling like butter today.

Monsterkitti
January 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Its up so noone can see but yes its looking pretty good today :) Still soft and not greasy, and shiny :)

firefly42
January 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I'm on third day hair, which means it's starting to get a little greasy but not so much that it's noticable. This is my best day for updoes. So yeah, good hair day. too bad it's snowing and i'm not going anywhere.

Fiordiligi
January 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Yes! I did a weak Lush henna gloss this morning, so although the colour change is not dramatic, my hair feels so soft and thick and full, and looks very shiny. It won't last so I'm going to enjoy it while it does!

Red Leo
January 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Any day that I have not shut it in a car door or snag it when I walk buy a stranger or bend over to tie your shoe and it hits a mudpuddle is a good day for me!

Florencienne
January 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm glad you're having a good hair day! :D

I'm certainly not. It's raining like crazy here. Rain + humidity = crazy annoying hair.

I'm sure it will be better tomorrow, hopefully. And if not..... I'll wear a hat. :)

Kaeita
January 10th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I was until I washed my hair! I put aloe vera in my hair 2 nights ago, when it had gone 2 days without washing and was really greasy. I woke up yesterday intending to wash it, but my hair was so unbelievably soft, with perfectly defined curls all the way up, and not a bit of greasiness! Today my scalp was slightly oily, but the curls were even more defined, and stayed that way even after I combed it. Then I washed it, and it seems really oily now, though still soft.

I think aloe vera is my new favourite hair stuff! Even moreso than coconut oil followed by a CO wash. Now to find a big enough supply of it...

pretty wings
January 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I have good hair days after my hair has been stretched from braiding shortly after being washed.
I washed my hair today, applied shea butter and oil, and combed it out. I loved the way my afro turned out! I'm not even SL but it is getting so big! Wish I could have worn it out but it's too cold to be walking around with a wet head :(

tinywife
January 10th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Not today, because I "roughed it up" with water for a photography project. When it dried halfway through, I had to resort to snow - not recommended!
Also, bare feet + snow + 30 minutes = beautiful pictures, but painful!!

reverie24
January 11th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Tinywife-oohh, that does sound nice! I'm a photographer and have been wanting to do something in the park in the show with barely any clothes. There's just something nice about it in a photo!

SimplyViki
January 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Well, I didn't think I was having a good hair day - I put too many different products in my hair with my last wash, and my hair's feeling gunky and tangly, so I put it in a braid. Oddly, though, the braid got me a compliment. :shrug: So it all worked out I guess. :D

Oz
January 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
bad day. tried a new curly atempt didnt work brshed it, it fluffed,, dampened it.. its still damp and scraggely and ****.
gargh. i cant be asked getting in the shower again,.