PDA

View Full Version : My one year challenge (2010)

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
1st, I added some pics to my album in case anyone wants to look. I did an updo on Christmas eve and took pics of my demarkation line and wrapter.

Ok: So I did a science experiement on myself and starting last December 29th I measured and I measured once a month for a whole year. The object, of course, was to determine my annual growth rate and see if it varied at all in summer vs. winter, etc.

This was my actual length, not the root growth. Total growth for 2010 was 6".

Monthly as follows: (1st is how much growth, second is total length)
Starting: December 2009: 32.25"
January: 3/4" 33"
February: 3/4" 33.75"
March: 1/4" 34"
April: 1/2" 34.5"
May: 1/2" 35" (this is about hip length on me)
June: 1/2" 35.5"
July: 1/4" 35.75"
August: 1/2+". 36 1/3"
I did a dusting this month, it was 36" even after the dusting.
September: 1/2" 36.5"
October: 1/2" 37"
November: 1/2" 37.5" Just at TBL now
December: 1/2" 38" solid TBL at normal stance. If I stand as straight as I can (unnatural) it is not quite TBL.

Even though I am sort of over the length now, I just like how it looks so I will probably not cut at all this year and will do my annual dusting in August again. I should be classic by the end of 2011 if all goes well.

I wish I had not highlighted my hair this summer (sun-in). I like how it looks but now I have a demarkation line. One day I will cut it all off and start over. Just not sure when yet. Blonde is my natural color but it has been getting darker as I get older and I guess I was in denial. The darker hair makes me look so old! lol

Cupofmilk
December 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Great growth and I real inspiration. I am sitting at 33.5 inches and need roughly 39 to get to TBL ( I am 5'10 ish). I really hope I get such great growth as you in 2011 and then I hope it should take another year to get to classic.
Love your hair very pretty.

triumphator!
December 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
You've really accomplished something! Congrats on the growth this year, youll be at classic in no time!

WaitingSoLong
December 30th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks! No trims and you can probably reach your goal! I am already rethinking mine LOL.

Steinkauz
December 30th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Measuring ever month is a great idea! I might have to steal that idea from you. ;)
Anyway, congrats on all that growth! :D

morecowbell
January 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
That's a really cool experiment :) I would actually be really interested in doing this myself... it would be a great way to see how DE/diet/vitamins/massages affect my growth rate.
I do have an idea for breaking up your line of demarcation though. I use sun in to help me blend my sun bleached ends and my darker roots by using a wide tooth comb to apply it. (Okay, I actually use a 50/50 blend of hydrogen peroxide and water, but it's the same thing :) ) I pour my mix into a bowl, dip the comb in, and carefully comb just my roots once. Usually I try to get outside as quickly as possible because the sun really accelerates/intensifies the results, but if it's winter I just blowdry on warm until it's dry. I might re-part my hair several times and re-apply if I feel like the effort. It's a very subtle lightening in just a few areas and it really helps blend things together. I wish I had some pics to share, but they're all packed away in a box somewhere.

princessp
January 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Drat, now I wished I paid attention to exact measurement /per month!

Anyway cool challenge, and congratulations your hair is an inspiration!