PDA

View Full Version : Does your hair feel like its growing?

Dreamkitty
December 30th, 2010, 05:11 AM
When I look in the mirror, my hair doesn't feel like its changing or growing. If my hair grew 2 inches longer, I don't notice it visually unless I measure it. I think I will be able to notice a difference in 6 months time.

:D When do you start noticing that your hair has got that big longer? can you notice your hair getting longer every month without taking any measurements?

Avvoltoio
December 30th, 2010, 05:19 AM
without measuring i would not notice any growth, or only realise growth without measurement some months later after seeing some older picture about my hair

aggie_deirde
December 30th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I have a blue highlight on my hair and I notice the diference on the roots.But I always think that my hair is never growing!Well well,being obsessed over hair growth doesn't help.I'm checking the length in th mirror like everyday!

Vorvolaka
December 30th, 2010, 05:44 AM
My hair is dyed, so I notice growth. I still wish it grew quicker though!

rosek
December 30th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I noticed it just then actually. I was sitting on the floor, and it was loose. I felt behind me, and the last 4'' now sit on the floor! I remember a few months ago when the ends were almost touching the ground, but not quite.

Its only moments like those that I notice its grown.

Sunny_side_up
December 30th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Round every two months i'll feel ooo its that bit longer than before... keep growing!:D

CrisDee
December 30th, 2010, 06:02 AM
My hair is still so maddeningly short it's driving me to distraction - and until I can get all my hair in a ponytail, it will continue to do so. I've been growing for 15 months now, still not there. So in answer to your question, yes, it seems like it isn't growing at all, especially the front (which of course is the furthest hair away from the ponytail, and the last stubborn hanger-outers that are too short to reach the elastic). But as a couple others mentioned, when I see photos from just a couple months ago, I can definitely see growth. GOOOOOODDDDDDD this is a miserable process! :justy:

Beesweet
December 30th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I'm in a growth phase where I notice....NOTHING. Very frustrating.

It still gets stuck in my collar all the time. I know two months ago, I trimmed off almost the last my old color and damage from former highlights, but it is still circling just above shoulder length for what seems like six months.

I am getting frustrated.

Beatrix_Kiddo
December 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I notice growing when I try to do new braids. A few months ago it was almost imposible to do braids. Now, I'm able to do a french braid (double, one side and single) and it goes very well$
I'm waiting to my summer spurt to get some growth

Karala
December 30th, 2010, 06:52 AM
No!! I'm always dumbfounded when I read anything along the lines of "I'm going to wear my hair up for a month, and then be happy when I let it down again and notice all the new growth". I'm like... whaaat? Maybe if I wore my hair up for six months and never took a look at it I would see some difference... and not even sure about that...

sami
December 30th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Every week I see fresh grey/white roots - if I leave them for 2 weeks I can see about 0.5cm worth, yet the actual length of my hair is still just grazing my shoulders. How is this possible??!

ETA (yay I can edit!) This is both when using permanent chemical dyes, and now using henna

hanne jensen
December 30th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I usually don't notice my hair growth until I measure. Then I'm ecstatic!

Madora
December 30th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Yes, it's growing. Usually it's noticeable every 3 or 4 months.

enfys
December 30th, 2010, 08:12 AM
It takes me at least a season to notice growth, even in my shorter, growing out fringe lengths.

I can see my husbands hair growing because it's so short; there's a visible difference week to week if not more. But seeing a regular difference on past TB hair? Fat chance.

T.L.T.
December 30th, 2010, 08:12 AM
The only time I notice growth is at my roots. My roots are about 1.5 in, but the length doesnt seem any longer

Fadedbluedreams
December 30th, 2010, 08:59 AM
For me, it really helps to compare pictures. A few months ago, I had my husband take a picture and then we compared it to the previous month and we were both like "WHOA!". That was great. It's harder to notice the change without the comparison though.

growing2shine
December 30th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I don't see any difference when I handle my hair and look in the mirror, and im a very impatient person. That's why I only take length shots, and measure, every second month. But then I see great progress, and that's amazing motivation for me. Then I really feel/see that my hair is growing! :D

nytquill
December 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah I can't, say, run my hands through my hair and think oh it's a half inch longer! Or I look in the mirror and I don't feel it's really grown at all.

But I do notice certain milestones. I take length pictures every 6 months or so and I compare those. I usually check the length of my longest hairs against my back and see where they fall. Lately they are hitting at the waistband of my jeans and they haven't done that before!

I also have this thing that I do where I lift all my hair straight up behind my head. It started out being a way to play with my hair and stretch out a little bit at the same time, when I was bored or sitting too long or something. And now when I do it I realize that I almost can't reach the tips anymore. Soon my arm won't be long enough! Same goes for braiding over my head. I used to pull my braids up as I was working on them so I could reach better, now I almost can't finish the braid that way. A few more inches and I'll have to start bringing them over my shoulder to finish them instead!

But yeah in my head I still think of my hair as being BSL or mid-back. I spend a lot of time looking at my back in the mirror and trying to get it through my head that my hair is waist heading for hip...I just don't seem to notice how much it's grown unless I force myself to compare it to something.

cataphract
December 30th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I don't generally notice until someone points it out to me or I measure it. Though I know it's growing! It's a whole inch longer than my start date as of last night.

Capybara
December 30th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I notice when my hair is growing by which part of my body is touching. For example, when I can feel it on the back of my elbows, or when it gets caught in your armpit, etc.

Avital88
December 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I have bangs, so i notice easily.I remember that in summer i wanted my hair to be over my ladylumps:) now it is but it doesnt feel longer, I gained like 4 inches since summer but back then i felt like my hair was long and right now i feel normal.
I guess because of my changed goals, that changed from between waist and hip to classic:)

triumphator!
December 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hehe no, although I like to pretend my nightly sinus headaches are actually my hairs being pumped out of my head

spidermom
December 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Not usually, but this month - yes! I've been waiting for 10 years to get to classic length, and for the past 6 months I've been sooooooo close, then all of a sudden this month I was there! It was like :magic:

patienceneeded
December 30th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I have dyed red hair, with light brown and silver roots growing in...I can definately see growth. :rolleyes: Without the demarcation between the dyed and natural hair though I would never be able to visually see the growth. A fun way to see if your hair has gotten longer is to try styles you were unable to do before to lack of length and see what happens. For instance, last night I got my hair to stay up with hairsticks! Not perfect, nor did it stay up long, but dang it...I got those hairsticks in for the first time since I chopped my hair to chin last April! :D