PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 or 3 on WO, hair is heavy

Kivamaki
December 30th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Hey everyone, I'm on week 2 or 3 of my WO. I rinse my hair about every..5 days I'd say. Today I got out of the shower and my hair is really heavy, clumpy, barely will move. I feel like it'll break a lot if I try to move it, comb it or detangle it. Is this build up in my hair? It's getting pretty dry as it's drying and not soft.

Any solutions or suggestion for this?

kyraninse
December 30th, 2010, 01:39 AM
This is not a discouragement: I went to using baking soda in a rinse because I couldn't deal with WO because my hair felt heavy, tacky, and just felt wrong.

However! While I was doing WO (3 weeks), I found that washing every. single. day worked. I massaged the scalp under hot water, let it air dry, and then brushed the heck out of it with a boar bristle brush that (I think) was pretty helpful in moving the sebum down the hair shaft. There was a distinct difference pre-brushing and post-brushing.

The brush would get clogged with ...gunk...only good way to put it, and then I'd have to wash the brush with some Dr. Bronners and then go at it again once the brush dried. 300 strokes at least.

Note, however, I have Asian hair, so coarse and straight. YMMV, as usual per any advice on this site :D

Good luck with your WO!

suicides_eve
December 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM
It could be build up from the water. Do you have hard minerals in your water? You may have to invest in a shower head filter.I got mine from Home Depot for under $25 and installed it my self.

I too go through that same probblem and can never fuly convert to WO. I end up using a highly diluted sulfate free shampoo and condish just to bring some life back to my curls.