PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose my hair? Treatment suggestions?

Lassie
December 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

Im looking for some advice on what to try on my hair.

It has gone rather dry and fly-away frizzy over the last couple of weeks.

Not too sure what has caused this, and what i can do to remedy / rectify.

My hair is always on the dry-ish side, but not this much, and it still always has an awesome shine to it...sadly no longer.

Some background
- Hair is BSL
- Have done 4 lots of lush henna (each 8 weeks apart)
- Last henna was 2 weeks ago.
- My hair has always taken well to henna. Thickness and shine and moisture delux - thought that the henna 2 weeks ago would improve the quality of my hair. No such luck.
- Normally i use lush shampoo (big) and conditioner(veganese, recently swapped to American dream)
- The only thing that has been different lately is that i have used pantene, the daily moisture renewal shampoo and conditioner.
- I have probably used it about a 25 times now (i alternate, lush once, then pantene, then lush again, then pantene)

Could the pantene have caused the ruin of my hair???

Normally my hair takes well to cones, so im not sure, i have used other cone shampoos and conditioners - though not for such a long period of time.

At first after using pantene my hair is lovely and soft and shiny - but not any more.
Pantene is the only thing i can think of that is different in my 'routine'

Or has my hair had enough of henna????

I have had luck in the past with deep oiling with coconut oil - have done 3 of these - no change to my hair :(

What can i try???

I just want my shiny moisturised hair back again...

ACV rinses have worked well for me in the past aswell....but im not sure wether that would help, or just cause more dryness???

Any advise or suggestions would be gladly appreciated..

pepperminttea
December 29th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Pantene always gave me build-up very, very quickly. Have you tried clarifying? A cheap, no-frills, cone-free, sulphate shampoo should do the job.

Cailie
December 29th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I agree. try clarifying and tell us if this doesnt work
good luck

royalscorpio
December 29th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Oif, I know some people love Pantene, but it's got so much additive stuff that in uneeded for healthy hair. It coats your hair.

luxepiggy
December 30th, 2010, 01:26 AM
You mentioned you also swapped your other conditioner too; have you used that brand before? I'll dissent from the opinions thus far and say it wasn't the Pantene. I've used the daily moisture renewal line before, with good results. What prompted you to add it back to your routine? Was your hair feeling dry already before you started on the Pantene again?

Lassie
December 30th, 2010, 02:57 AM
well i got some clarifying shampoo so will give that a go - fingers crossed.

Pantene in the routine was just an acidental thing, i was given a free sample, tried it, loved the result, so brought some.

Prior to using it my hair was soft, shiny and though prone to dryness it was never so brittle and lifeless. Pantene made it really nice...but the last couple of weeks i have noticed the change, and even when i wash with pantene i don't get the same good results.

It could be the change in Lush conditioner, not sure :confused:

Will do the clarifying and then use the process of elimination i think

Thanks All :)

30isthenewblack
December 30th, 2010, 05:12 AM
If you wanted to swap brands, you could try Tresseme or 5 Stars shampoo at Aldi.