PDA

View Full Version : Looking for styles with which to wear bows

LisaMonster
December 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Just got a bunch of really adorable hair bows. I'm looking for some more creative ways to wear them than just like on the side of my head or at the top of a ponytail. Pictures? Tutorials?

Thanks! :)

kyraninse
December 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking on top of buns if you have small ones would be adorable...but otherwise I'm not sure. At the ends of braids might be a little bit too juvenile, but it depends on how cutesy they look. I've seen some pics of women with bows at the ends of thick braids that look elegant. Sorry, don't have pics!

LovelyL
December 29th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Just to be nosy, could you please post a picture of these adorable hair bows you want to use? :)

GoddesJourney
December 29th, 2010, 11:20 PM
On top of a low side bun or double buns, high or low. Depending on how many you have, you can make a dutch braid and place them down the braid (think stegasaurus but with bows instead of spikes)...Yeah, that's the best mental visualization I have. Uh, words...not so good. :D I would start the braid a little further back from the top of your head. You could also just place one at the base of a half ponytail.

Roseate
December 30th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I like to tuck them into the folded side of a French Twist. I do the same with fake flowers; that crease in the hair is just begging for an ornament!

grrlshapedthing
December 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM
if you have a nice big one do a loose mid high bun maybe a bit messy then put the bow under it... this actually looks really classy... It's a cool hairstyle from 1910 I saw in a antique fashion magazine. You do it the same as above but only with a single long barrel curl at the nape the bow would go in between the two.

eezepeeze
December 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
How about nestling it into a Gibson tuck? I think that little indentation made by tucking is a great place for some decoration.

Or how about a low side pony or braid with the bow at the top. I do that with flowers all the time.

Or how about putting a small one just inside a reverse Victory roll, with one side of your hair pulled up in a little roll and the rest of your hair down. I think that would be very pretty. Sort of like Veronica Lake.

Or how about just behind a Lauren Conrad-type headband braid, sort of nestle it just where you stop adding strands and start a regular braid, like just above the ear.

Then there is always catching both sides of your hair into a soft half up held with a bow.

Magdalene
December 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Under a bun would be a bit more sophisticated rather than on top. Very Audrey Hepburn.

PrincessBob
December 30th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Look up pin-up hairstyles, like victory rolls. I think bows would be a super cute accent to victory rolls and some draping curls.