PDA

View Full Version : Does your boar bristle brush break?

Dreamkitty
December 29th, 2010, 02:52 PM
My brush is 50% boar bristle and my sister used it, now some of the bristles seem scattered and broken, its like the indivudual bristle has split into more bristles and one of the bristle is very white. Is this normal?, what is happening?

Ive only used it 3 times and its just brand new. When my sister used it, she didn't comb her hair before.

Im worried that the brush has been damaged.:(

tigr
December 31st, 2010, 05:15 PM
My boar bristle brush occasionally loses bristles. It's probably nothing to worry about :)

I just thought I'd ask: have you considered asking your sister to not use your brush?

christine1989
December 31st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Bristles come out of mine too (I use it on my cat though not on me :)). Her fur is REALLY thick and gets knots though so that may be part of it. I think part of it may be the hair's natural oils loosening the bristles from the brush but that is just my hypothosis....

naturegirl321
January 1st, 2011, 04:56 AM
Bristles come out of mine too (I use it on my cat though not on me :)). Her fur is REALLY thick and gets knots though so that may be part of it. I think part of it may be the hair's natural oils loosening the bristles from the brush but that is just my hypothosis....

You have a lucky cat. :)