PDA

View Full Version : Classic was an experience...

sweetestday
December 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM
... but I'm back to waist now, and loving it! I had my husband cut my hair a few evenings ago, and told him to take off as much as he wanted. After all, if it weren't for him, my hair would be short. So, 12 inches came off, and I went from classic to waist. I had fun with my hair as long as it was, but it is a nice change. It shouldn't take long to grow long again and with healthier ends than ever. :)
I really like being able to wear a ponytail again!

Dead Sunshine
December 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Ha, sounds like a totally different experience than mine xD

When I got my hair chopped of to BSL I was so devastated, I dwelt on it for days. I'm just glad that it means you can grow back healthier ends.

Good luck with your hair, I bet it's beautiful c:

mrs_coffee
December 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, 12 inches is a lot! I love the look of classic length but I doubt very much that I'd have the patience to maintain it. I'm glad you're happy with the way it turned out. :)

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I am glad you are happy with it :)

spidermom
December 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I'm at classic now and toy with the idea of cutting back to waist. I really like the way that the ends were in free-fall at that length. I'm glad you're happy with it.

kteachone
December 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
12 inches! Wow!

You know, I wanted to grow mine to classic length, but I'm thinking I should stop at my tailbone. Classic seems like a lot of upkeep.

Cupofmilk
December 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I did that last year - near classic (42) to BSL !!! 18 inches - again I let my OH cut what he wanted off. It was hugely liberating at the time - with a sick small baby and being in and out of hospital - with awful facilities - It was a huge improvement. I am just past waits and shooting for classic again. I have got about 11 inches to go now. This bit waist to TB will be great.
It's past TB that I struggle as the weight of my hair makes updos hard and uncomfortabel and I end up with a single braid. However that was all pre LHC.

sweetestday
December 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Yes, it really is liberating. I didn't realize how much I missed wearing my hair down, or in a ponytail, or just not having to worry about where the ends were. I haven't missed it at all, but know I will grow it out again.

jojo
December 29th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I am happy your happy with your "trim", its nice to read about a positive experience with a hair cut. I am growing to classic too, now if I like it at that length on me is another story but it must be nice to say YES!!:happydance: I DID IT!!!:D

enfys
December 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I can see myself bouncing between TB and classic. It's nice to have a change of weight isn't it! I'm glad it went well for you.

triumphator!
December 29th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I bet your head feels like its lost ten pounds! :)