PDA

View Full Version : Getting a trim today!

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm getting my hair professionally trimmed today - layer cleanup & shaping - I'm excited and have wanted to do this for 2 months!! :)

I thought you might appreciate seeing a picture of the pictures I printed for my stylist ... I got these ready last night. :D

What I want:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56046848@N06/5303825178/in/photostream/

Growing towards:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56046848@N06/5303825182/in/photostream/

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 10:00 AM
...and of course a "before" picture is in order :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5203/5303270533_7193ff792c_m.jpg

bigger version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56046848@N06/5303270533/

ericthegreat
December 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I hope all goes well and most importantly that you will like your new cut! Can't wait for the result pics! :)

LoversLullaby
December 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Make sure to post after pictures! Hope you like the cut! :)

Avvoltoio
December 29th, 2010, 10:41 AM
you have so beautiful shiny, thick hair, i may that hairdresser is trustable, and can do that style without cutting much :)

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the support and good vibes! :flower:
I will definitely post some after pictures later tonight.

I'm sure she'll will do a fine job! It's my favorite salon ...I've had 3 haircuts there over the past couple of years, and loved all of them. I've also gotten highlights, pedicures, & massage there ... never had a bad experience.
I like their hair products too ... organic, no sulfates, no parabens, no weird chemicals, cruelty-free

I haven't gotten my hair done in more than a year ... I'm excited and happy! :) and kind of relieved too ... the layers and shape have been bugging me for 2 months straight.

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Good luck :)

Sanyia
December 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Beautiful hair, good luck with your hairdresser appointment! I used to bring pictures too, because sometimes it's hard to explain what you want, and it helps a lot to be able to just show it.

Sammich
December 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Gorgeous hair. Good luck, I can't wait to see the after pictures. Your hair is my dream, too bad I can't have wavy/curly hair like yours. It's wow. :D

freckles
December 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM
that looks like some good preparation! good luck and I'm looking forward to pictures :)

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I got my haircut and I love it....pics as soon as I get home :) I was so stoked about my haircut I forgot to get falafel afterwards ...oops!!!! :D

jesis
December 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I got my haircut and I love it....pics as soon as I get home :) I was so stoked about my haircut I forgot to get falafel afterwards ...oops!!!! :D

I can't wait to see! :D

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I'm still not home yet...decided to go out to flaunt my lovely haircut :) I must be glowing because I just got carded ...for the first time in almost a year!!! haha. My hair feels so pretty and balanced and shapely. I can't upload pics from my phone though so I will have them by tomorrow at the latest. Yay!

Jessica Trapp
December 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I am eager to see the photos!

:flower:

JuneBride
December 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I like both sets of pics AND YOUR HAIR too ;) I am super jealous of the waves!!! Can't wait to see "after" pics!!

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Here are pictures, as promised!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:
I asked for her to style it straight but I'll do a wavy picture too when I wash it and restyle it! :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=91831

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=91830

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=91829

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=91832

My stylist was so awesome... looked at my pictures and asked me specifically what I liked about them so she could get more details about what I wanted. She talked with me about how she was planning to cut it and what to expect... She asked when I had last shampooed my hair (which was this morning) and she recommended that we only use conditioner on it instead of a full shampoo - which is great because I was planning to request that if she didn't suggest it. :) (I have read a little bit of her blog in the past - seems like she is a fan of less frequent shampooing and occasionally washing with conditioner instead of shampoo.)

After the cut she asked me how I would like my hair styled ... I suggested straight since I never see it straight and I was curious. I asked her not to make cutting adjustments after it was straightened because I've had shape issues at other salons when they did that; she was very accommodating about that and promised to rewet it if any adjustments were needed (they weren't).

She also complimented how healthy my hair was and said it was "like glass." woohooo! I might be doing something right.

Anyway I got exactly what I needed - the shape & length & everything is just perfect :) I am very happy!

As a bonus ... no razor, yet the ends aren't chunky. I have no idea how she did that but I think it means the ends will stay nice and fresh for longer.

JuneBride
December 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you had an amazing experience with one very thoughtful hairdress who is a good listener too! it came out great, looks super healthy and very beautiful!!! She is a keeper :) Congrtas and Happy New Year and New Growth !!!

pepperminttea
December 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
The hairdresser did a lovely job, your hair looks very thick, and such nicely shaped hemline and style. :)

jaine
December 29th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Thank you!! I love it too! :flower:

I also realized - now I have 100% virgin hair!!!!!!! No more highlights or henna

Anyway I am very happy and thank you everyone for the good vibes!

christine1989
December 29th, 2010, 10:32 PM
It looks perfect! Makes me miss my short hair....

Toadstool
December 30th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Lovely! You and your hair look gorgeous! And it must be amazing to have all virgin hair.

Avital88
December 30th, 2010, 02:08 AM
You have beautiful thick hair! and really smart to also take pictures with you ,with your goallength.
This is something im gonna keep in mind:) Hope your hair turns out the way you want it!x

miss_purple
December 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Good luck!

Dragon
December 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I am glad you are happy with it. Your stylist has done a great job. It looks good and very healthy :)

freckles
December 30th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Lovely hair and YAY on your great stylist experience :)

Sunny_side_up
December 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Looks luscious!;) beautiful shine and so healthy looking

rosek
December 30th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Thats a really beautiful cut! Can't wait to see it with some wave too :)

ericthegreat
December 30th, 2010, 08:30 AM
That is a great layered cut!! Your stylist did a wonderful job!! Your hair will grow out wonderfully from this new cut.

triumphator!
December 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
You look wonderful! Its so cute when you pull it back, too. Show us wavy pictures!! :)

Dani
December 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
That is a great layered cut!! Your stylist did a wonderful job!! Your hair will grow out wonderfully from this new cut.

Too cool! And I agree with everything here. :D I'm so glad you had such a lovely experience and got exactly what you wanted. :cheese: Your hair looks gorgeous! As usual. :cool:

spidermom
December 30th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Very nice! I had a similar style for awhile while I was growing out my pixie.

lapushka
December 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM
She cut some cute layers and she didn't take much length off. It looks great!

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you everyone! I agree the new length is perfect; she took off the minimum amount to make it look good proportionally ....I measured and it's a 1.5" difference in the back and I cant tell any length difference in the front. 1.5" in the back is exactly the amount that I thought would look good too although I didn't specify any inch amount, just pictures. It's still long enough for an updo which is nice but I'll be wearing it down a lot to flaunt it!!

jesis
December 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Looks good and very healthy! I'm glad you're happy with it :)

Fufu
December 31st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Beautiful hairstyle :)

jaine
January 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I finally wet my hair and got a wavy picture. I like the shape. :) Sometimes it's a crap shoot trying to get my hair to have a good shape.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=92150

Sanyia
January 18th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Looks great!

Dani
January 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wowsers! Your hair looks so pretty. :D You are lucky to have such gorgeous waves so easily and naturally. I have these long S waves that you can't even notice until my hair gets a ways past shoulders. :p Have fun with your great and perfect cut, and that stylist! :cool: