PDA

View Full Version : Shorty at heart!!

smilinjenn71
December 29th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Good morning LHC! I just wanted to say Thank You to this board and all of its fabulous members!! I've been growing my hair about 2.5 years and am almost APL. However, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a long haired girl at heart. I'm not enjoying the length and honestly, it gets on my nerves - daily.

Therefore, I have an appointment at 11am this morning to get my hair cut.:magic: I'm not really sure how short I'm going but I definitely want something with some spunk, style and sassiness!!!(is that a word? hehe)

You all have such great information and I've learned SO much on this board. I don't plan on leaving because there are so many topics here that I find helpful - not just hair related!

I will post pics when I get the chance and I will update albums to show the length I was at before my cut. I hope you all are having wonderful holidays!

My decision makes my head & heart happy!:happydance:

mrs_coffee
December 29th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Good for you for doing what makes you happy! I've always had short hair and so far am liking a longer length, but who knows what will happen down the road? I might get sick of mine and chop it off too. As long as you're happy and you feel good that's what matters.

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I am glad you are doing what makes you happy.

paper
December 29th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Thats great Jenn! I can't wait to see the pictures of your new cut. If your happy, thats all that matters. Good Luck!!!

Chanteuse87
December 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Hey, better to realize it now, instead of another 3 years down the line, right? I've had short hair, and LOVED every minute of it. I just like long hair, too, and right now it's a lot more versatile for me.

Anyway, I hope your haircut goes well, and that you enjoy your new length (or lack thereof)!

DuckyDot
December 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Good. No point growing your hair if you don't like it! :D

luluj
December 29th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I think you look so good in short hair, it just seems to suit you. I'm excited for you!:cheer:

Eolan
December 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Thats great Jenn! I can't wait to see the pictures of your new cut. If your happy, thats all that matters. Good Luck!!!

I sceond this. Good luck and pictures, pictures! :drama: If you want a spunky hair cut going to a salon is like Christmas!

2peasinapod
December 29th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I'm glad you found what makes you happy! I was just looking at your albums, and I think you're one of those people who can go either way. Your hair is lovely long, and you look really cute with the shorter hair. I can't wait to see pictures of your new cut!

MandaMom2Three
December 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
That's what I love about LHC, it's a great forum no matter HOW long your hair is! :D

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I just had a look at both your albums and I have to agree that both suits you.

smilinjenn71
December 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Awww, see this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

You guys & girls are SO AWESOME!! Thank you all for your support, encouraging words and compliments.

Less that 2 hrs away from my appointment!!!:cheese:

serious
December 29th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Your going to look awesome with short hair, I'm sure!
Can't wait to see the pics!

luluj
December 29th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Awww, see this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

You guys & girls are SO AWESOME!! Thank you all for your support, encouraging words and compliments.

Less that 2 hrs away from my appointment!!!:cheese:

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PHOTOS, JENN!!:cheese: (by the way, jaine has a cut booked for today, also!)

Sunny_side_up
December 29th, 2010, 07:31 AM
:sun:Either way i think your hair is very pretty! Such beautiful sheen and colour. Great that you are doing what will make you feel good and enjoy your style. Glad you still will be on the boards and yes its fab for other info and topics also:D Looking forward to pics my dear!! :)

smilinjenn71
December 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks again everyone! OK, now to see if I can recall how to post pics in forums....lol!!! I think these are going to show as links only.....ugh

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6918&pictureid=91824

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6918&pictureid=91821

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6918&pictureid=91822

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6918&pictureid=91820

Juneii
December 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
The cut suits your face perfectly and your hair looks so healthy! Good for you! :D

jojo
December 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I love it, you really suit your new do and I am so happy for you xx

triumphator!
December 29th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Good for you for knowing what you want. You look fabulous!!! :)

pepperminttea
December 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I love the cut! Enjoy your new hair. :)

smilinjenn71
December 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Thank you so much ladies!:flowers:

:cloud9:Ahhhhhhhh

paper
December 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Jenn, you look so cute!!! Love your new cut!

mrs_coffee
December 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM
OMG, so cute! You have what I call a face for short hair - nice high cheekbones and beautiful eyes. It really looks great on you.

smilinjenn71
December 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Thank you so much PAPER...you are always so sweet & supportive to me!

Wow Mrs_COFFEE....you make me blush. Thank you!

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I am very glad you are happy with it :) :)

boomtownrat
December 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
It looks great! I've had a similar cut before (when I was growing out dye) and I enjoyed it. Hopefully you'll enjoy yours, too. :)

2peasinapod
December 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I love it! It really shows off your cheekbones, and the long bangs frame your face. I also love the cute clip you're wearing in the last picture! :)

Toadstool
December 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
You look so pretty!

smilinjenn71
December 30th, 2010, 06:29 AM
You all are so sweet!:flower:

Short hair really IS me! I'm very happy & satisfied with my new do....I even have a little pep in my step again....hehe

Addy
December 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Oh My Gosh! *squeal* You look so freakin cute Jenn! :D

smilinjenn71
December 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
*teeheee* Thanks ADDY!:flowers:

jaine
December 30th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Jenn!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :)
That's so fun we inadvertently scheduled a haircut on the same day. I am also feeling a bouce in my step - I know what you mean!!

smilinjenn71
December 30th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Jenn!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :)
That's so fun we inadvertently scheduled a haircut on the same day. I am also feeling a bouce in my step - I know what you mean!!
Thank you Jaine! That really is funny that we had an appointment the same day. I love how your hair turned out - just right with the trim/shape up!

On a side note - I got up this morning, ran my fingers through my hair and it looked the same as yesterday! SCORE!!! Style without a lot of fuss....that's what I'm talkin' about! hehe

patienceneeded
December 30th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Very sassy and modern! Frames your face perfectly. Just lovely!

lapushka
December 30th, 2010, 12:43 PM
It's cute! And so much fun that you can wear all sorts of accessories with it.

smilinjenn71
January 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Thank you both! I'm really enjoying the ease of short again.

PurpleAshes
January 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
You look absolutely gorgeous!

Rabya-Khadija
January 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Nice! Really like it, at times I wish I suited it short!

smilinjenn71
January 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
~blush~ Thanks!:crush:

I wish I truly loved & enjoyed long hair.....so in some respects I'm jealous of those that have long hair and love every moment of it!

DecafJane
January 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
That is a fun cut and really suits your face. Enjoy your hair! :D