PDA

View Full Version : My version of the clip bun (pics)

bunzfan
December 29th, 2010, 05:15 AM
I was getting bored of my usual lazy wrap bun and came across a couple of tutorials and my hair wasn't quite long enough for the braided version so, i did a cinna bun with my butterfly claw clips i really like it:)

So for any of you with similar length hair that are bored with the same style try this it's easy to do and looks good ( i did need to use a couple of grips underneath near the nape area as i have heavy hair)

Now to the pics
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101229002.jpg
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/emmerline1/P101229001.jpg

Dragon
December 29th, 2010, 05:16 AM
It looks nice.

bunzfan
December 29th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks, with my hair i can't yet do many other buns other than the lazy wrap and i was getting bored with that so this is another one i can do:)

maus
December 29th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Looks great! Very creative!

kteachone
December 29th, 2010, 05:59 AM
So you twisted it a little and wrapped the ends around?

Very cute! My hair doesn't seem to be quite long enough for certain buns either (although it is nearly waist length!), but I can do this one.

bunzfan
December 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
So you twisted it a little and wrapped the ends around?

Very cute! My hair doesn't seem to be quite long enough for certain buns either (although it is nearly waist length!), but I can do this one.

Yes your right i loosely twisted and wrapped it round my hand and then used the clips and a few pins to make it feel more secure. If you try it let me know if it works for you to :)

2peasinapod
December 29th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Very pretty! :)

Fairlight63
December 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I use the tiny claw clips to hold the buns up also, I like them a lot EXCEPT that they get tangled in my hair. Do you have any tips on how to keep them from getting tangled?

Your hair looks really pretty! I love those butterfly clips! where did you buy them at?

Thanks!

eezepeeze
December 29th, 2010, 09:26 AM
That's very nice. I like your clips. How is this different from a regular cinnabun?

Peggy E.
December 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I have trouble with hair getting caught in the mechanisms of those small clips, too. Maybe if my hair wasn't so thin and "wispy," this wouldn't be a problem. But, there 'ya go.... :o(

Looks very nice on!

milagro
December 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Very neat and pretty :flower: Are those jaw clips? I usually use hairpins but this is a good idea to try, must help fix the ends of layers.

Luna Lavender
December 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I do this too!
Works great for keeping layers from flipping and falling out.

bunzfan
December 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I use the tiny claw clips to hold the buns up also, I like them a lot EXCEPT that they get tangled in my hair. Do you have any tips on how to keep them from getting tangled?

Your hair looks really pretty! I love those butterfly clips! where did you buy them at? i just found a link for them http://www.justbeautifully.co.uk/babyliss-diamonte-butterfly-jaw-hair-clips.php?CAWELAID=558541105
I got them from Boots the chemist they are made by Babyliss i would love to find some more, you can get some really pretty one's off ebay.

Thanks!

That's very nice. I like your clips. How is this different from a regular cinnabun?

I just twist the first coil and wrap the rest as if i twisted it all my BSL hair would disappear into a very small bun.

I have trouble with hair getting caught in the mechanisms of those small clips, too. Maybe if my hair wasn't so thin and "wispy," this wouldn't be a problem. But, there 'ya go.... :o(

I have found if you coil your hair loosely it doesn't catch so much.

Looks very nice on!

Thank you :D

Chamomile betty
December 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Your bun is so pretty.
Love it.

bunzfan
December 29th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Your bun is so pretty.
Love it.

Thanks i am always trying to come up with new ways to wear my hair as i get bored.

PrincessTieflin
December 29th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I do this bun a lot.. one of my favorites.. :)

easy to do, stays put and looks pretty! Love it

christine1989
December 29th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Ooh! That looks like one I culd do on my BSL hair :).

McFearless
December 29th, 2010, 10:19 PM
It looks super cute! I like your hair colour too.

arc691
December 30th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Very pretty! :) Your butterfly clips are so cute, too!

bunzfan
December 30th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Ooh! That looks like one I culd do on my BSL hair :).

You certainly could my hair is just past BSL.

It looks super cute! I like your hair colour too.

Thank you. I am going to try henna soon as my red has faded now.

Very pretty! :) Your butterfly clips are so cute, too!

Thanks, think you would need bigger clips with your hair though :p

lupiae
December 30th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Very cute. You are a good hairstyler :)

bunzfan
December 30th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Very cute. You are a good hairstyler :)

Thank you :D

triumphator!
December 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Oooo I do this all the time except I just use one big claw clip where my ends are on the bun. I often let it dry this way.

LittleOak
December 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM
This is lovely, and I agree, the clips look so pretty with your hair colour. I like to do this style too, it always holds so nicely and you can have fun with different clips. I find it is a great style for exercising :)

CastaDiva
December 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Beautiful and artistic:)